Is There Life After Housework? by Don Aslett

Is There Life After Housework?

by Don Aslett

I always enjoy reading Don Aslett books. He is an excellent writer with a keen ability to keep the reader interested while imparting cleaning and organization wisdom. Having owned and managed businesses I thought I knew quite a few professional secrets, but Don was able to teach me even more secrets and give me the little push I needed to step things up a notch. One thing I find quite funny is that he only mentions wearing shoes while cleaning once in the book, which is so important, even at home. It can save you from slips, plus your feet will not be tired at the end of the day if you wear proper shoes. However he mentions time and time again to use a lambswool duster to remove cobwebs. I found that to be enduring and cute as obviously cobwebs are a pet peeve of his.

This book is ideal for people wishing to do a better job cleaning their house in less time, semi-professional and professional cleaners, as well as those looking to enter the cleaning business. The final chapter is so eloquent and from the heart it made the book worth so much more than just a cleaning book. Filled with humor, wisdom, and tried and true cleaning methods, this book is sure to delight all readers who care about a clean environment.

One thing I should add is that there is a newer edition of this book. For the few extra dollars, I would recommend the newer version for more up to date information. ( )
  awriterspen | Feb 7, 2008 |
this is the original...the one that tells you the best how to get housework done. Aslett makes it much easier than you ever imagined. ( )
  justmeRosalie | Jul 23, 2007 |
Exceedingly witty and amusing book written by a man who is a professional cleaner. Very highly recommended both as a good read and as a useful handbook ( )
  revchrishemyock | May 16, 2007 |
A charming practical aid to housework ( )
  Esta1923 |

You can spend 75% less time on housework!America's #1 cleaning expert is back! Don Aslett's revolutionary approach - now completely updated - will free you from the drudgery of housework!The first edition of this book was the first really different book on cleaning; the first book ever to show you how to use the efficient methods and materials of the professional cleaner in the home. Now revised and updated to address your modern cleaning needs, this edition is loaded with new information - and even faster techniques - that you can put to work immediately in your home.This updated and expanded.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,564,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible