Runaway by Meg Cabot

Runaway

by Meg Cabot

Series: Airhead (3)

When everyone knows your name?

Em Watts is a prisoner: Brandon Stark, heir to the Stark corporation family fortune, is holding her captive.

Em Watts is a liar: She's told all her friends she loves Brandon, and that everything is fine.

Em Watts is scared to death: She really doesn't know how she's going to get out of this one.

She's still in shock over the fact that the girl whose life she was forced to take over when her brain was transplanted into her body is alive—alive and furious with her for stealing what she claims was rightfully hers...

...including Brandon Stark, who's intent on finding out what that girl's secret was, and using it to get revenge on his father.

But that's not all Brandon wants…he wants Em. And not just to use her to trick Nikki into revealing that secret, and helping him secure his place as head of Stark Enterprises once and for all.

But Brandon's not the only one who wants something from Em. Christopher wants to use her to hurt Brandon…for taking her away from him, and to destroy Stark Enterprises.

Em Watts is tired: She's tired of being used. Tired of being lied to. Tired of being told who she can and cannot love. Tired of the lies she's being forced to live.

With everyone she loves furious with her for things she can't explain, Em's reached the end of her rope...what's the point of even going on?

But when she discovers the truth about Nikki's secret, she knows there's only one person she can turn to.

Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved — since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed—this time, permanently?

Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running...
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
My dd wanted to read these, and I thought I would give them a try. An ok ending to the trilogy. Still not convinced it was all worth my time, but I'm the type to finish the book, even if I'm not enjoying it very much. ( )
  AmieB7 | Jan 21, 2016 |
After re-reading the ATW Tours page for this book, I feel stupid, I should have read it closer, I def didn't realize this was the 3rd book in a series, or I did and I just forgot. I definitely didn't finish this book and hated everything I did read because I was so lost halfway into the first chapter, I wanted to chuck the book across the room, I didn't because it's not mine, but I wanted to. Yeah, that's all I really have to say about this one. Definitely read the first two books or you will be incredibly lost in this one :). It's my fault though, not the books' most likely because I have read other Meg Cabot books and liked them. So I won't include a rating for this book, just the above warning. :) ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
Actually: 3.5/5 stars. ( )
  ccathee17c | Jun 7, 2013 |
as usual meg's books are stress-busters ( )
  urmika.manjrekar | May 10, 2013 |
Extra special thanks to Jennifer Brown. Thanks also to Beth Ader, Michele Jaffe, Laura Langlie, Abby McAden, and Benjamin Egnatz.
So according to the tabloids, I’m on a secret love getaway (not so secret anymore now, though, is it? Thank you, Us Weekly) with Brandon Stark, the only son and sole heir of billionaire Robert Stark, currently the fourth-richest person in the world, after Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Ingvar Kamprad (who founded IKEA, in case you didn’t know).

When everyone knows your name?

Where can you hide when everyone knows your name?

Emerson Watts is on the run: from school, from work, from her family, from her friends, from herself.

With everyone she loves furious with her for something she can't explain, and nothing but the live Stark Angel fashion show on New Year's Eve to look forward to, Em's reached the end of her rope. . .what's the point of even going on?

Will Christopher be able to put aside his personal feelings and help her expose her employer to the world? Is it even fair to get Christopher involved--since if he agrees, there's every chance that Stark Enterprises will try to have them both killed--this time, permanently?

Maybe it would be better for Em to just keep on running.

When everyone knows your name?

The third and final book the NYT bestselling trilogy.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:57 -0400)

When sixteen-year-old Emerson Watts learns the truth about Nikki, the teen supermodel into whose body Emerson's brain was transplanted, she finds that there is only one person to turn to for help--especially since her loved ones seem to be furious with her.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 106,873,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible