Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa

Winter's Passage (edition 2011)

by Julie Kagawa

Member:cloudynight
Title:Winter's Passage
Authors:Julie Kagawa
Info:MIRA Ink (2011), Kindle Edition, 51 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2

Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa

Winter’s Passage is a story set between The Iron King and The Iron Daughter. It follows Meghan and Ash as they travel from the human world to Tir Na Nog, the seat of the Winter Court.

Picking up right after the end of The Iron King, Ash and Meghan set out, first to visit Puck and then to go to Tir Na Nog. However, something is following them and they can’t seem to hide form it or outrun it.

This novella was a bit mushy for me. Meghan doesn’t seem her spunky self; when she’s around Ash she reads as insecure, which, given the situation is understandable, but I missed the old Meghan.

The threat that they were running from wasn’t as exciting as I expected, however, with the different creatures and fey that they met on the way, new dimensions to the Faery world were laid and I really enjoyed the quick exploration of those stories.

Winter’s Passage concludes pretty close to the opening of The Iron Daughter.
  iShanella | Dec 2, 2016 |
A great short read. This book tells of the adventures that Meghan and Ash go through on the way to the Winter realm while discovering their feelings for each other. I really enjoyed it. Its not a required read since they explain what happens in this book in the second book but it was still a good read. ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
This series is amazing :) Everyone should read it! ( )
  uhohxkate | Jan 31, 2016 |
I heart these books and this author so much. This book starts where the last book ends and you easily jump right back into the story of Meghan and Ash. I was intrigued to see exactly where Ms. Kagawa was going with this book and the ending (and the foe) definitely did not disappoint me. You start to feel Ash coming to a decision and putting into motion his decision in this novella, and I was sorry to see it.

This is a light, quick, read, that can easily give you a taste of the series if you are perhaps unsure if you want to read them (you are nuts) or if you want a small taste before you jump in. I will tell you this: Ms. Kagawa takes faerie to another realm completely (and literally) and you won't be sorry for the journey you take. ( )
  rosetyper9 | Nov 12, 2015 |
In the shadows of the cave, I watched the Hunter approach. Silhouetted black against the snow, it stalked closer, eyes a yellow flame in the shadows, breath coiling around it liek wraiths. Ice-blue light glinted off wet teeth and a thick shaggy pelt, darker than midnight. Ashe stood between the Hunter and me, sword unsheathed, his yees never leaving the massive creature that had tracked us for days, and now, had finally caught up.

Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl until she discovered that she was really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,717,165 books! | Top bar: Always visible