Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa

Winter's Passage (edition 2011)

by Julie Kagawa

Member:cloudynight
Title:Winter's Passage
Authors:Julie Kagawa
Info:MIRA Ink (2011), Kindle Edition, 51 pages
Collections:Read, Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2

Winter's Passage by Julie Kagawa

Read this while soaking in the bathtub. I like how it really shows the beginning of Meghan and Ash's relationship, as well as his beginning struggle about said relationship.

I also appreciate how you can skip this and not feel like you've missed anything in the series... but it still adds stuff if you do read it.

Would have liked to see more of the Hunter. Even after we meet him again later in the series, I still feel like he's flat; a convenient scary thing that shows up occasionally for suspense.

Otherwise, I really liked this. It was a fun, quick read, and a nice bonus for me to revisit some of the characters as I wasn't quite ready to give them up yet, even though I've finished the main series. ( )
  LadyLiz | Nov 25, 2014 |
I heart these books and this author so much. This book starts where the last book ends and you easily jump right back into the story of Meghan and Ash. I was intrigued to see exactly where Ms. Kagawa was going with this book and the ending (and the foe) definitely did not disappoint me. You start to feel Ash coming to a decision and putting into motion his decision in this novella, and I was sorry to see it.

This is a light, quick, read, that can easily give you a taste of the series if you are perhaps unsure if you want to read them (you are nuts) or if you want a small taste before you jump in. I will tell you this: Ms. Kagawa takes faerie to another realm completely (and literally) and you won't be sorry for the journey you take. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 21, 2014 |
Meh. There has to be more to a series than finding yourself in a precarious situation with some unstoppable foe, but always managing to escape by the skin of your teeth. Short story that this was, it added nothing to the series as a whole. You can take it or leave it and not miss much. The only redeeming quality is a description of the Unseelie Court, though I'm sure we'll get that in book #2's rehash. So, meh.

The Wolf nodded. “You’re very lucky,” he told Ash. “Today.” Backing off, he shook himself once more and glared at us with grudging respect. “It was a good chase. Pray we do not meet again, for you will not even see me coming.”

OooOo. Scary. They may not see you coming, but they'll hear you for sure. You spent the whole time baying like an idiot and giving yourself away. (Eye roll)
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
Plot: 3 stars
Characters: 3 stars
Style: 3 stars
Pace: 3 stars

I didn't realize until I came to review it that it was 1.5. For some reason I was thinking it was 0.5. Oops. Now I need to go back and read 1.. though I would have sworn I already have. All these fey novels are overlapping in my brain. ( )
  Jami_Leigh | Jun 22, 2014 |
So good! A nice, quick and entertaining read that makes me want to read Iron Daughter even more! ( )
  Steph1203 | Mar 14, 2014 |
In the shadows of the cave, I watched the Hunter approach. Silhouetted black against the snow, it stalked closer, eyes a yellow flame in the shadows, breath coiling around it liek wraiths. Ice-blue light glinted off wet teeth and a thick shaggy pelt, darker than midnight. Ashe stood between the Hunter and me, sword unsheathed, his yees never leaving the massive creature that had tracked us for days, and now, had finally caught up.

Meghan Chase used to be an ordinary girl until she discovered that she was really a faery princess. After escaping from the clutches of the deadly Iron fey, Meghan must follow through on her promise to return to the equally dangerous Winter Court with her forbidden love, Prince Ash. But first, Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck--Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon--who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,363,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible