A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time) by Robert…

A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time) (edition 2013)

by Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson

Member:merrymac51
Title:A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time)
Authors:Robert Jordan
Other authors:Brandon Sanderson
Info:Tor Books (2013), Hardcover, 912 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan

It's not an ending, it's THE ending and thank the dark one for that.

Sanderson pulled it off moderately well, although some choices were rather silly and felt contrived (Gawyn went after Demandred why exactly?) ( )
  pan0ramix | Nov 25, 2014 |
A perfect ending to an amazing epic. Reading a 14 book story made me feel worried that the ending wouldn't deliver. I would have to say this book did it beautifully. All loose ends were tied up and every character was accounted for. It was a struggle for the characters the whole time that I didn't know what was going to happen to each one. The way it played out had me sitting on the edge of my seat at some points, screaming for joy at others, and grieving the loss at times. I mostly grieved toward the end of the book knowing that this is the last Wheel of Time book. While the series did struggle through a few books, the entire series is by far one of the best stories I have ever read. ( )
  renbedell | Oct 22, 2014 |
I gave this one 5 stars, but was tempted to go with 4 and a half, as this ending is bittersweet for me. I've been reading and rereading this series for 20 years, and I'm sad about it finally ending.

The ending is brutal and long, as Rand and the forces of the Light are fighting a war for their world on four fronts, desperately outnumbered, yet hopeful. As characters square up with members of the Chosen, so many of my favorite people die, which does makes sense in this sort of battle (though I'm still upset about one in particular). There were moments that I just stopped breathing in shock, and times when I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

A definite must-read series for anyone who loves intricate world-building and stories with epic proportions. ( )
  kayceel | Sep 30, 2014 |
It's over. At last. Sanderson did a decent job of wrapping the threads up and cleaning up Jordan's chaos. ( )
  nnschiller | Sep 18, 2014 |
  nnschiller | Sep 18, 2014 |

Robert Jordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sanderson, Brandonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kramer, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mitchell, EllisaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Harriet, the light of Mr. Jordan's life, and for Emily, the light of mine.
Bayrd pressed the coin between his thumb and forefinger.

Since 1990, when Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time® burst on the world with its first book, The Eye of the World, readers have been anticipating the final scenes of this extraordinary saga, which has sold over forty million copies in over thirty languages.

When Robert Jordan died in 2007, all feared that these concluding scenes would never be written. But working from notes and partials left by Jordan, established fantasy writer Brandon Sanderson stepped in to complete the masterwork. With The Gathering Storm (Book 12) and Towers of Midnight (Book 13) behind him, both of which were # 1 New York Times hardcover bestsellers, Sanderson now re-creates the vision that Robert Jordan left behind.

Edited by Jordan’s widow, who edited all of Jordan’s books, A Memory of Light will delight, enthrall, and deeply satisfy all of Jordan’s legions of readers.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass.

What was, what will be, and what is,

may yet fall under the Shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

The conclusion to the Wheel of Time series draws on notes left by the late Robert Jordan.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,376,299 books! | Top bar: Always visible