A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time) by Robert…

A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time) (edition 2013)

by Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson

Title:A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time)
Authors:Robert Jordan
Other authors:Brandon Sanderson
Info:Tor Books (2013), Hardcover, 912 pages
Collections:Read but unowned

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan

Recently added byLenaBourne, christopherkringle, Jay-Freeman, DanKoboldt, private library, Vinbert

...oddly disappointing. Sorry, I expected more.
  Vinbert | Nov 22, 2015 |
...oddly disappointing. Sorry, I expected more.
  Vinbert | Nov 22, 2015 |
Last book in the Wheel of Time series. Finally. Glad the story has come to an end, but sad now that it has ended. I've been reading these books for the last 20-odd years!! Written by Brandon Sanderson from Robert Jordan's notes and with the help of his widow who was also his editor. This was an unputdownable book. Once I started reading, it drew me straight in. Even though it was over 900 pages long, it took me only about 2 weeks to read this (a week if I didn't have to go to work!). It was very fast-paced, switching between a multitude of characters, old and new. Surprisingly, apart from some of the forsaken, I didn't get the characters mixed up. I grew surprisingly fond of Androl & Pevara. The final battle was truly epic. So much was going on. Every twist and turn was gripping. It took me a week to get through the last battle, a bit of a slog, it really conveyed the magnitude of the battle. So many died during the course, some quiting shocking - major characters too - which made the survival of favourites not guaranteed. Anything seemed like it could have happened in that tense battle. I really liked the ending. If they want to write any more, there are lots of loose ends to follow up... ( )
  LindaLiu | Aug 9, 2015 |
Substance: The story of the Dragon Reborn (Rand al'Thor) finally comes to an end with suitable heroics, tragedies, resolutions, and satisfaction.
Style: The best thing to happen to Jordan's series was to have it finished by Sanderson. The books have been three-times the length they should have been, tedious in the extreme, repetitive, juvenile In many ways, and the names and relationships far too complex for any but the most dedicated fan to follow. The series was described to me by one such fan as "a soap opera" and he is entirely correct. However, outside of a couple of characters in the beginning (and even those became stereotyped and predicable very quickly), I simply did not care for most of the people in the story, especially the junior-league sorority of the Aes Sedai.
I skipped from volume 9 to 12 and don't feel like I missed anything crucial to the plot or character development (of which there was pretty much zilch until, apparently, somewhere in book 11). ( )
  librisissimo | Jul 29, 2015 |
I have a confession to make.... I only read books 1-7... However... it did not stop me from enjoying this book. Was the book perfect... no but the flaws were small and easy to look past..

Reading the end was tough.. Like a piece of my childhood has ended.. It was exhausting to see characters that you cared about for so long go through so much.. give so much.. The ending makes me sad, but in the same breath my life is richer knowing the characters.

Thank you Jordan may you rest and peace, and may you forever ride the winds of time.

seavan | Jul 28, 2015 |

Robert Jordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sanderson, Brandonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kramer, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mitchell, EllisaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Harriet, the light of Mr. Jordan's life, and for Emily, the light of mine.
Bayrd pressed the coin between his thumb and forefinger.

Since 1990, when Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time® burst on the world with its first book, The Eye of the World, readers have been anticipating the final scenes of this extraordinary saga, which has sold over forty million copies in over thirty languages.

When Robert Jordan died in 2007, all feared that these concluding scenes would never be written. But working from notes and partials left by Jordan, established fantasy writer Brandon Sanderson stepped in to complete the masterwork. With The Gathering Storm (Book 12) and Towers of Midnight (Book 13) behind him, both of which were # 1 New York Times hardcover bestsellers, Sanderson now re-creates the vision that Robert Jordan left behind.

Edited by Jordan’s widow, who edited all of Jordan’s books, A Memory of Light will delight, enthrall, and deeply satisfy all of Jordan’s legions of readers.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass.

What was, what will be, and what is,

may yet fall under the Shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

The conclusion to the Wheel of Time series draws on notes left by the late Robert Jordan.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,876,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible