A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan

A Memory of Light (edition 2013)

by Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson

Member:Codexus
Title:A Memory of Light
Authors:Robert Jordan
Other authors:Brandon Sanderson
Info:
Collections:Your library, Audio books, Use for recommendations
Rating:*****
Tags:fiction, fantasy, wheel of time, audiobook, new, recently read, read in 2013

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan

I gave this one 5 stars, but was tempted to go with 4 and a half, as this ending is bittersweet for me. I've been reading and rereading this series for 20 years, and I'm sad about it finally ending.

The ending is brutal and long, as Rand and the forces of the Light are fighting a war for their world on four fronts, desperately outnumbered, yet hopeful. As characters square up with members of the Chosen, so many of my favorite people die, which does makes sense in this sort of battle (though I'm still upset about one in particular). There were moments that I just stopped breathing in shock, and times when I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

A definite must-read series for anyone who loves intricate world-building and stories with epic proportions. ( )
  kayceel | Sep 30, 2014 |
It's over. At last. Sanderson did a decent job of wrapping the threads up and cleaning up Jordan's chaos. ( )
  nnschiller | Sep 18, 2014 |
  nnschiller | Sep 18, 2014 |
Wow, I actually made it through. All I have to say really, except that these books seem much more enjoyable as audio books. Not sure I would want to wear my eyes out on all this. ( )
  tlockney | Sep 7, 2014 |
I can't believe it's the end of the series!! It ended well, though, which is not always the case. The ending was as it should be. ( )
  darcy36 | Jul 8, 2014 |

Robert Jordanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sanderson, Brandonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kramer, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mitchell, EllisaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Harriet, the light of Mr. Jordan's life, and for Emily, the light of mine.
Bayrd pressed the coin between his thumb and forefinger.

Since 1990, when Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time® burst on the world with its first book, The Eye of the World, readers have been anticipating the final scenes of this extraordinary saga, which has sold over forty million copies in over thirty languages.

When Robert Jordan died in 2007, all feared that these concluding scenes would never be written. But working from notes and partials left by Jordan, established fantasy writer Brandon Sanderson stepped in to complete the masterwork. With The Gathering Storm (Book 12) and Towers of Midnight (Book 13) behind him, both of which were # 1 New York Times hardcover bestsellers, Sanderson now re-creates the vision that Robert Jordan left behind.

Edited by Jordan’s widow, who edited all of Jordan’s books, A Memory of Light will delight, enthrall, and deeply satisfy all of Jordan’s legions of readers.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass.

What was, what will be, and what is,

may yet fall under the Shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

The conclusion to the Wheel of Time series draws on notes left by the late Robert Jordan.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,392,842 books! | Top bar: Always visible