A Memory Of Light (The Wheel of Time, Book…

A Memory Of Light (The Wheel of Time, Book 14) (edition 2013)

by Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson

Member:salimbol
Title:A Memory Of Light (The Wheel of Time, Book 14)
Authors:Robert Jordan
Other authors:Brandon Sanderson
Info:Orbit (2013), Paperback, 912 pages
Collections:Your library, Novels
Tags:novels, fantasy, epic fantasy, high fantasy, fantasy map madness, Wheel of Time, male authors, reincarnation, nifty magic systems, gender issues, retellings, 21st century books, 2013 reading

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I felt like I was deluged by a tidal wave.

Then came the ending. It kind of made me feel vanilla".

Sanderson did an excellent job of wrapping this up. I was in awe.

I look forward to re-reading the whole series in 5-8 years.

Edit:

I realized this morning that my words were on the light side. Considering that I've been reading WoT since '95 or '96, and have experienced the travail of my soul [When I heard that Jordan had died, I practically swore vengeance upon his barely cold corpse "how could he do this to me!?"] and then was raised to the clouds when I heard Sanderson [probably my favorite fantasy author now] was going to complete the series.

I have run the whole gamut of emotions with this series. Excitement, boredom [tugging of hair anyone?], rage and despair, hope and finally, satisfaction.

How does one encapsulate 17'ish years in a couple of paragraphs? I've gone from a highschool teenager to a married 30something security guard. So I don't write a review worthy of the NY Times, I write this little ditty to remind me that all things can be gotten through, that they end and that they can be good and bad.

This series will be something that sticks with me for the rest of my life. Nice to have something like that." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
Thank you Mr. Sanderson for completing this series. A perfect ending! ( )
  Jason_Gatewood | Nov 28, 2016 |
The end. ( )
  oswallt | Nov 25, 2016 |
I'm both sad and relieved that I finished this series. Relieved because there's so many books and it took so many years to finish but also sad because there's no more!

I have to confess I've read spoilers so I pretty much who's gonna die and stuff. Bad me... ( )
  Elysianfield | Nov 16, 2016 |
Det var ett perfekt slut på en av alla tiders bästa bokserie (i min mening). Det var synd att originalförfattaren dog innan han var färdig, men det fick det slut bkoen förtjänade. Jag älskade att det inte var det "perfekta slutet" vissa böcker har, där alla lever lyckliga i alla sina dagar, men till skillnad från till exempel Game of Thrones kändes det som varenda människa som offrade sig fick en betydelse. De var inte bara ett namn på en lista döda, nte bara ett nyck av ödet, utan de tjänade ett syfte som till och med fick mig att torka ögonen.
  LiterateHare | Sep 6, 2016 |

Mitchell, EllisaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Harriet, the light of Mr. Jordan's life, and for Emily, the light of mine.
Bayrd pressed the coin between his thumb and forefinger.

Since 1990, when Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time® burst on the world with its first book, The Eye of the World, readers have been anticipating the final scenes of this extraordinary saga, which has sold over forty million copies in over thirty languages.

When Robert Jordan died in 2007, all feared that these concluding scenes would never be written. But working from notes and partials left by Jordan, established fantasy writer Brandon Sanderson stepped in to complete the masterwork. With The Gathering Storm (Book 12) and Towers of Midnight (Book 13) behind him, both of which were # 1 New York Times hardcover bestsellers, Sanderson now re-creates the vision that Robert Jordan left behind.

Edited by Jordan’s widow, who edited all of Jordan’s books, A Memory of Light will delight, enthrall, and deeply satisfy all of Jordan’s legions of readers.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass.

What was, what will be, and what is,

may yet fall under the Shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

The conclusion to the Wheel of Time series draws on notes left by the late Robert Jordan.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,826,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible