A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time, Book 14)…

A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time, Book 14) (edition 2013)

by Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson

The conclusion to the Wheel of Time series draws on notes left by the late Robert Jordan.
Member:muralijayapala
Title:A Memory of Light (Wheel of Time, Book 14)
Authors:Robert Jordan
Other authors:Brandon Sanderson
Info:Tor Books (2013), Hardcover, 912 pages
Tags:fiction, eb

A Memory of Light by Robert Jordan

As the ending of a series draws nearer, I always get worried if the end will do the series justice. Rarely have I felt this more than with this book, as I have come to admire the series. Even though it starts with a few rough patches, the later books of the series have captured me like few others. How could any book do this justice, provide closure?

As it turns out, it can be done. It has been done. This book serves as an example on how to end your epic fantasy series. It has it all: Epic scenes that actually played out in my minds eye like few other books have managed it. Heartwrenching moments that actually had me in tears. Sanderson finished 12 years of fantasy history, and he nailed it.

It has taken me 18 Months to read this series. I feel sad that it has come to an end. I will miss Rand and all the others. I will miss hearing the voices of Michael Kramer and Kate Reading while commuting. I will move on to other audiobooks. But it may sound like cliché, but this book will stay with me for a long time. ( )
  malexmave | Oct 3, 2019 |
This ended a long and wonderfull friendship. But as the wind, it's not the end, it will revisit my side when the wheel turns. This book made me cry, laugh and sleepless, I really couldn't wish for a better ending. ( )
  althaeria | Jul 15, 2019 |
Wheel of Time #14 ( )
  Ronald.Marcil | Jul 7, 2019 |
What an ending! Things won't just stop happening. In spite of its 1000 pages, this last book feels rushed, maybe because the previous books weren't so hasty in getting into the action and had a lot more descriptions. It was a good read, though. I really, really liked the series and I only regret there aren't more books. ( )
  Sept | May 21, 2019 |
Today I one-more-chaptered my way through 400 pages and 2 hours past my bedtime. My face is sliding off, and it was completely worth it. ( )
  Zoes_Human | Mar 9, 2019 |

Robert Jordanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sanderson, Brandonmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Kramer, MichaelNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mitchell, EllisaIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Whelan, MichaelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Harriet, the light of Mr. Jordan's life, and for Emily, the light of mine.
Bayrd pressed the coin between his thumb and forefinger. (Prologue)
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend.

Since 1990, when Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time® burst on the world with its first book, The Eye of the World, readers have been anticipating the final scenes of this extraordinary saga, which has sold over forty million copies in over thirty languages.

When Robert Jordan died in 2007, all feared that these concluding scenes would never be written. But working from notes and partials left by Jordan, established fantasy writer Brandon Sanderson stepped in to complete the masterwork. With The Gathering Storm (Book 12) and Towers of Midnight (Book 13) behind him, both of which were # 1 New York Times hardcover bestsellers, Sanderson now re-creates the vision that Robert Jordan left behind.

Edited by Jordan’s widow, who edited all of Jordan’s books, A Memory of Light will delight, enthrall, and deeply satisfy all of Jordan’s legions of readers.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass.

What was, what will be, and what is,

may yet fall under the Shadow.

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,621,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible