River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) by…

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) (edition 2012)

by Patricia Briggs

Title:River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:75 Book Challenge of 2012, Your library

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

English (97)  Piratical (1)  All languages (98)
I am always up for a story by Ms. Briggs and this one did not fail to satisfy. This story was a depature from the earlier Mercy series in that it was really focused on a deeper examination of the relationship between Adam and Mercy, and took them away from their home town into the wilds of Columbia Gorge. While I enjoyed the different setting and Native American mythology, I did miss the other weres and characters. I find myself liking Ben more and more in each book, and was glad to see him for even just a bit in this one. Each book in this series presents a dfferent facet of myth, mystical lore, and monsters but Ms. Briggs pulls it off without going over the top. I think she's successful b/c she writes characters so well. I look forward eagerly and sadly to the next installment, sad because I'm going to have to wait another year for it. ( )
  cjazzlee | Nov 13, 2015 |
I got this book for review and I also got a signed copy from my friends who went to her signing in VA. I was really excited for a new Mercy Thompson book and this one certainly didn't disappoint. Ms. Briggs sort of went in a different direction and I think this book had a new flavor. I enjoyed it.

Ms. Briggs introduces some Native American lore into this story which I absolutely loved because I felt like we hadn't seen that complete side of Mercy yet. I loved how expertly she wove the story together to go with the faerie lore she usually has here and there and the Native American.

I feel like in this book we get to see a complete picture of Mercy. We get to peek behind her strong veneer to the actual person in the character and I love getting to know more about my favorite characters. I also love Coyote in this book. He is perfectly tricky, makes me think of Loki with a tiny bit more softness, which is to be expected given their relationship but he certainly isn't easy on Mercy.

I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Mercy and Adam. Hopefully no more camping trips. ( )
  mojo09226 | Nov 12, 2015 |
(Listened to audiobook version.) My least favorite entry so far in the otherwise enjoyable Mercy Thompson series. Not a big fan of the romance genre, so didn't appreciate the shift in that direction. The "monster" was also a bit silly. ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
Loved it years ago! ( )
  anyaejo | Aug 12, 2015 |
Mercy y Adam son la mejor pareja del gènero .

(Y , bueno , Adam màs que nada es .... Adam es perfecto ,como siempre fue .)

Juntos son hidrocarburo aromático cristalino de color amarillo pálido que se funde a 81 °C , un compuesto químico explosivo y parte de varias mezclas explosivas que se obtiene mezclando TNT con nitrato de amonio. Lo que segùn la definiciòn de Wikipedia , significarìa DINAMITA.

El mejor libro con los dos juntos ya establecidos como matrimonio . ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Derek, Michelle, Jodi, Kari, Elaine, and Megan— it's about itme you got one.

And for Laura and Genevieve— welcome to the family.
Under the glare of streetlights, I could see that the grass of Stefan's front lawn was dried to yellow by the high summer heat.

Car mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has never known any others of her kind. Until now. As Mercy comes to terms with this new information, an evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River--and if Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, are to have any hope of surviving, they will need all the resources the shifters can offer.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,875,967 books! | Top bar: Always visible