River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) by…

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) (edition 2012)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:Kwidhalm
Title:River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:75 Book Challenge of 2012, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:Kindle

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

Recently added bymarolyn, Rena37, ShannonKate, lisadees, private library, wm3395, Sarah_Buckley, Kaylinofhr

English (112)  Piratical (1)  All languages (113)
I think these books might just be my favorite "Urban Fantasy" Type books. Oh sure one my come around later that I like better, but for now These are on the top of the pile. I like them because they are fast reads, the characters are interesting and do interesting things, and the romance is light but still sweet.

This book is most heavily about Mercy, which sounds weird to say (type?) since these books are always about her adventures. This book in particular however is all about her heritage and what it means to be her. Mercy has always felt a bit like an outsider, a girl without a true family or home. Raised by werewolves yet not totally fitting in, Mercy has always wanted to know about the father that died before she was born.

Although there is a monster to beat in this book I felt it was truly about a journey, Mercy's journey, to find a place to call home. In the end she finds out a lot about her father and about herself, and I think comes away feeling more secure in her place in the world.

I think these books just keep getting better, and I can't wait until the next book!
  Sarah_Buckley | Sep 17, 2016 |
One of my favorite series. This one had some interesting new creatures, including Mercy's father. This series has the good fortune of getting better with each new book. ( )
  CrissyMoss | Aug 14, 2016 |
I'm not entirely sure why, but this just isn't my favorite of this series. Perhaps I'd just like to believe that poor Mercy could have a peaceful honeymoon? Perhaps I'm missing my favorite supporting characters? I'm not quite sure. I do appreciate the chance for Mercy to learn a bit more about her father, and about other shifters, but I found myself looking forward to everyone being back home and carrying on with their lives. ( )
  duchessjlh | Aug 4, 2016 |
Really good. I definitely enjoyed the Native American characters and finally learning about Mercy's father and why she is a "walker". After reading the description of some of these places, it made me want to go visit them. Minus river monsters of course. ( )
  thanbini | Jun 19, 2016 |
This series, being only six books short, has an up and down enjoyment level for me. Unfortunately I found the book before his, Silver Bourne, to be mediocre, and this one I found to be the worst out of all six by far.

Quite frankly, I was bored. Completely dulled out. It didn't even seem like a typical Mercy book. It started with irritating the hell out of me with the ridiculous surprise wedding. I mean, seriously, the quick wedding instead of an elopement, sucks. And I'd personally hate a surprise wedding everyone else planned for me if I was a bride!

Most of the book's timespan is spent with Adam, Mercy, and new characters in a new setting for their honeymoon. Besides the annoyance of a rushed marriage after six books, no steam is there at all and it was almost like an afterthought. Second, being tricked on my honeymoon to do work like they would set up to do would royally piss me off. Seriously, they would need to run for the hills when I was on my way home. It irritated me much more than it irritated Mercy (which is just wrong.)

The villain is cool (actually a nifty monster), it just felt akin to a scooby doo type episode with the investigation. It's cool Briggs wants to delve more into Mercy's past, although really I care little about what they discovered is out there. Adam is always likeable so at least he's around.

I get that Briggs is trying to reveal more about her protagonist and have a surprise revelation, but I was so bored and it didn't start picking up until after page 200!

I will continue the series, but the last two have faltered my excitement. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Derek, Michelle, Jodi, Kari, Elaine, and Megan— it's about itme you got one.

And for Laura and Genevieve— welcome to the family.
Under the glare of streetlights, I could see that the grass of Stefan's front lawn was dried to yellow by the high summer heat.

Car mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has never known any others of her kind. Until now. As Mercy comes to terms with this new information, an evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River--and if Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, are to have any hope of surviving, they will need all the resources the shifters can offer.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,224,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible