River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) by…

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) (edition 2012)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:Kwidhalm
Title:River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:75 Book Challenge of 2012, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:Kindle

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

3.5 with a bit extra because even after succumbing to writing an offshoot series & being on book 6, Briggs managed to keep me glued to this book. That's pretty incredible as I'm usually bored by this time in a series. This is one of the few PNR series that actually has details that stick in my mind. Most just sort of swirl together into a vague, cotton candy haze. Not Briggs. Her prose isn't exactly memorable, but her characters are. I'll definitely buy the next one new. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |

Mercy, I love you, but this shit is just too boring for me. There's, like, a river and some otters and DNF. For the record, I attempted to read this twice. 30% the first time and 47% this time around. Womp womp on both counts. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
The story was good and we got a little background on Mercy's Mom and Dad, which was nice to know. Mercy and Adam still have a great dynamic in relation to the shifters that they are. What I didn't like about this book was that it was all new characters except for Mercy and Adam. Where's Zee? And Stefan had a teeny tiny role in the book as did some of the pack members, but it was all in the background. Maybe this book is a build up to something more in the next couple of books? I hope so! ( )
  CinderH | Aug 5, 2014 |
It was fantastic! Even better than the first two times. Lol ( )
  CAMMD | Aug 4, 2014 |
Thoroughly enjoyable trip to Mercy's past. For a character that gets her special power-ness from her native american ancestry, this series did very little to explore that prior to this book. So, we now know more about Mercy, and that makes me happy. As my favorite hero of this genre, I have very high expectations of her. ( )
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
For Derek, Michelle, Jodi, Kari, Elaine, and Megan— it's about itme you got one.

And for Laura and Genevieve— welcome to the family.
Under the glare of streetlights, I could see that the grass of Stefan's front lawn was dried to yellow by the high summer heat.

Car mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has never known any others of her kind. Until now. As Mercy comes to terms with this new information, an evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River--and if Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, are to have any hope of surviving, they will need all the resources the shifters can offer.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,285,501 books! | Top bar: Always visible