River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) by…

River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6) (edition 2012)

by Patricia Briggs

Member:Kwidhalm
Title:River Marked (Mercy Thompson, Book 6)
Authors:Patricia Briggs
Info:Ace (2012), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:75 Book Challenge of 2012, Your library
Rating:***
Tags:Kindle

River Marked by Patricia Briggs

English (94)  Piratical (1)  All languages (95)
This story picks up where the last one left off. Adam and Mercy are engaged and their wedding is imminent. I liked this story because it brought a bit of Mercy's past into the mix. There were a couple of parts that didn't seem to go too smoothly. The first is at the beginning. Mercy goes to check on Stefan, but the whole scenes feel out of place and ultimately don't do anything to add to this books story. Maybe it was added for the next book, I don't know. There other part had to do with her seeing a ghost. Although that isn't anything new, the ghost should've been a little bit more of a dramatic event for Mercy, but she was rather "meh" about it. I just don't know that her reaction fit in well. Otherwise, I liked it and will continue with the series as a whole. ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
Someday, I'm going to meet some supernatural creature who tells me everything I should know up front and in a forthright manner—but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Since most of this book involved Mercy and Adam on their honeymoon I could not get enough of it. Not in a pervy way (get your mind out of the gutter!), I just love seeing them interact with each other. I am so happy that they are finally married.

Instead of focusing on the fae, vampires, or werewolves this book really focuses on Mercy's background and ancestors. I loved getting to read the Native American folklore and finally getting more of an understanding of where Mercy truly came from. I liked that not only did Mercy learn about her heritage but it also helped her when she and the humans of the area were in danger. I especially loved Coyote and hope to see more of him later on in the series. I am really looking forward to continuing on with my Mercy marathon and reading the next book in the series. ( )
  dpappas | Aug 27, 2014 |
3.5 with a bit extra because even after succumbing to writing an offshoot series & being on book 6, Briggs managed to keep me glued to this book. That's pretty incredible as I'm usually bored by this time in a series. This is one of the few PNR series that actually has details that stick in my mind. Most just sort of swirl together into a vague, cotton candy haze. Not Briggs. Her prose isn't exactly memorable, but her characters are. I'll definitely buy the next one new. ( )
  jimmaclachlan | Aug 18, 2014 |

Mercy, I love you, but this shit is just too boring for me. There's, like, a river and some otters and DNF. For the record, I attempted to read this twice. 30% the first time and 47% this time around. Womp womp on both counts. ( )
  JennyJen | Aug 14, 2014 |
The story was good and we got a little background on Mercy's Mom and Dad, which was nice to know. Mercy and Adam still have a great dynamic in relation to the shifters that they are. What I didn't like about this book was that it was all new characters except for Mercy and Adam. Where's Zee? And Stefan had a teeny tiny role in the book as did some of the pack members, but it was all in the background. Maybe this book is a build up to something more in the next couple of books? I hope so! ( )
  CinderH | Aug 5, 2014 |
For Derek, Michelle, Jodi, Kari, Elaine, and Megan— it's about itme you got one.

And for Laura and Genevieve— welcome to the family.
Under the glare of streetlights, I could see that the grass of Stefan's front lawn was dried to yellow by the high summer heat.

Car mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson has never known any others of her kind. Until now. As Mercy comes to terms with this new information, an evil is stirring in the depths of the Columbia River--and if Mercy and her mate, the Alpha werewolf Adam, are to have any hope of surviving, they will need all the resources the shifters can offer.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,315,945 books! | Top bar: Always visible