Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 7 by Konami Kanata

Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 7

by Konami Kanata

2013 (3) adult (1) cat (3) cats (13) Chi's Sweet Home (4) children (1) children's (1) comic (1) contemporary (1) cute (1) fiction (2) French (1) funny (1) Graphic Book (1) Graphic Literature (1) graphic novel (4) humor (2) Japan (2) Japanese (2) kitten (1) kittens (1) library book (1) manga (29) manga: japanese (1) mine (1) read (2) seinen (6) strip (1) trans (1) vet (1)

It's getting a little difficult to review these books as I just keep saying the same thing. Cute, funny, great insight into the feline mind and also a look into day-to-day Japanese family life. Everybody, no matter what age, will love Chi! For all cat lovers. Chi spends time outdoors with his new friend Cocchi, gets locked out of the house over night, discovers the fun of a new pet fish, watches TV and gets sick. The absolute best part of this book is when Chi throws up; the Yamada's absolutely freak out, Chi does it more than once and the parents' reaction is hilarious. The illustration during this part just emphasizes how good Kanata is at showing emotion in her work. Loved it! ( )
  ElizaJane | Mar 12, 2014 |
I kind of hope the Yamadas adopt Cocchi, although I doubt he'd be a very people-friendly cat. It was just so sad that he had no clue what a home was.

Although I knew nothing really bad was going to happen to her (although, jeez, what if the series ends with the dreaded rip-your-heart-out-and-stomp-on-it pet death?), I still found myself worrying when Chi became sick.

It's pretty clear, by this point, that the anime and manga no longer have much in common. While I enjoyed the anime, I'm kind of glad, because that means I have no idea what sorts of developments to expect.

(Original review posted on A Library Girl's Familiar Diversions.) ( )
  Familiar_Diversions | Nov 29, 2013 |

Follows the adventures of Chi, a mischievous kitten who is adopted by Yohei and his family, the Yamadas, even though their lease explicitly states pets are not allowed in their building.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,331,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible