Dewey's Nine Lives: The Magic of a…

Dewey's Nine Lives: The Magic of a Small-town Library Cat Who Touched… (original 2010; edition 2010)

by Vicki Myron

Member:realbigcat
Title:Dewey's Nine Lives: The Magic of a Small-town Library Cat Who Touched Millions
Authors:Vicki Myron
Info:Penguin Audio (2010), Edition: Unabridged, Audio CD
Tags:Library Audio

Dewey's Nine Lives by Vicki Myron (2010)

Loved this book! Great stories of people and their cats. Especially the last story. Dewey's story is sweet and I'm sure he was too. If you love libraries and cats, you will love this book. ( )
  bandpmom | Jun 5, 2015 |
I'm not interested in the 'cult of personality' or whatever, nor do I believe in angels. I skimmed this just for a little more about the library - patrons, staff, financial struggles, etc. Unfortunately I didn't find anything. However if you love heartwarming stories of how cats touch lives, do pick this up.
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Apr 14, 2015 |
So call me a crazy cat lady. I will accept that if reading this and enjoying it are indicative of being a crazy cat lady. ( )
  sriemann | Mar 30, 2013 |
Cute little fluffy book. Not much effort required. ( )
  HadriantheBlind | Mar 29, 2013 |
Well I finally finished this book. I was not overly impressed with this book. I thought I would be reading more about Dewey than life in Spencer Iowa.

I did enjoy the beginning and how Dewey came to live in the library. The rest with the personal life was not all that interesting.

Learning about how Dewey touched people was interesting but that was all I enjoyed. ( )
  crazy4reading | Dec 27, 2012 |
Myron tells a series of frankly sad stories about people and cats knocked about by life and finding homes with each other (among them, a man she’s now planning to marry). Each story is, by turns, bleak and uplifting. (Many cats are discovered half-dead from neglect or abuse before finding a loving home, but there are few happy endings.) The writing is plain and direct, and largely devoid of sentimentality...Myron’s compilation in honour of her late little friend may not be the most consistently comforting read, but it is a surprisingly provocative one.

Thank you Vickie, and thank you Dewey... I don't believe in angels, but Dewey comes close.
Christien B Tampa, FL
To Glenn

for his amzaing love and support
I disagree with the person who wrote that letter, because I do believe there are angels walking among us, helping us grow.

From the back:
Nine lives

Nine stories

*Yvonne Barry & Tobie & Dewey

A new tale featuring Dewey and how he touched the heart of a quiet woman after she lost her own beloved cat

*Barbara Lajinesss & Mr. Sir Bob Kittens

A spirited kitten brings back memories of Barbara's childhood with her beloved mother, the "crazy cat lady" of Fenton, Michigan.

* Bill Bezanson & Spooky
A Vietnam vet with undiagnosed PTSD rambles through life until one day a tiny black kitten literally falls into his lap...and changes him forever.

*Glenn Albertson & Rusty & Dewey
A hardworking man with a life full of twists & turns, and dark corners, finds new love and happiness after Rusty teaches him to let go of his anger and live in the moment, like a cat

And more...

This volume contains inspiring, funny, and heartwarming stories about cats told from the perspective of Dewey's Mom, librarian Myron. Includes never-before-told stories about Dewey, along with other touching cat tales.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

Dewey's Nine Lives: The Legacy of the Small-Town Library Cat Who Inspired Millions by Vicki Myron was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,853,264 books! | Top bar: Always visible