Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze by Alan…

Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze (edition 2010)

by Alan Silberberg

Member:storytimestandouts
Title:Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze
Authors:Alan Silberberg
Info:Aladdin (2010), Hardcover, 288 pages
Tags:children's book, middle grade reader, death of a parent, generously illustrated chapter book, diversity

Milo: Sticky Notes and Brain Freeze by Alan Silberberg

This book is a book about Milo and his two best friends. Milo is in love with a girl in his grade. He doesn't have barely any friends except for his two best friends. They only hangout together at their hangout spot in a pizza place. His friends are really shy and hyper. They only eat junk and have sleepovers at his house. He is a pretty cool kid he gets average grades and doesn't play sports. His life doesn't make sense to me after reading the book so much mystery.

This book was a good overall book but some was not as good as some other books. Like I said there was so much mystery left with no answer and there are no sequals that I know of. The book is like most other book about a kids life. With tons of obstacles in his way through life. This book turned his life into a morale showing us our life is a lot better than some other people's. He is a unique character in this book which makes it very good. It is a definite read for any kid in a high grade.
  TylerT.B1 | Jan 8, 2017 |
Sometimes it's the reluctant readers who are dealing with the biggest life issues.  They'll likely be very glad to meet Milo.  Funny, yes, but towards the end there were a couple of times I sniffled a bit.  Good for anyone, really, who is trying to cope with loss.  Interesting how it doesn't go into details, like why the family moves so often, or who the mysterious figure in the background, labeled big sister, really is. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
As Milo's story begins, you think he's just another hapless new kid in middle school, crushing on the cutest girl in the class and complaining about his teachers. But we eventually see that Milo's mother died and he's still missing her, but has been unable to find an outlet for expressing his pain. His friends Marshall and Hillary are supportive as he finds his way through the "fog" of grief, and the widow neighbor Sophia is key to inspiring his outward expression. Humorous and kid-friendly but touching, too. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
This is a wonderful novel. It seems to be geared towards the upper elementary and middle school grades, but it is a great read. The main character is nerdy and cute and their is a small romance plot. The main plot is great and the characters are very cute! ( )
  blog_gal | Jul 26, 2014 |
It wasn't a bad book. The only problem is that it tried to be both funny and sad at the same time occasionally which made me like it less. Trying to make sad things funny doesn't work and takes away the emotion. ( )
  SebastianHagelstein | Feb 7, 2014 |

In love with the girl he sneezed on the first day of school and best pals with Marshall, the "One Eyed Jack" of friends, seventh-grader Milo Cruikshank misses his mother whose death has changed everything at home.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,800,048 books! | Top bar: Always visible