Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa…

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (edition 2010)

by Lisa Kleypas

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:read in 2012, romance, island

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

"Awesome! Great read - finished in two days, as could not put it down! Loved the same characters as is Rainshadow (read this one first, then Rainshoadow Road). Cannot wait until Dream Lake comes out - I look forward to reading some of her older books and future creations! " ( )
  JudithDCollins | Nov 27, 2014 |
This book is the first in the series Friday Harbor. I read the second book in the series before I read this book. lol I know but I had won the second book in the series with out realizing it was a series of book.

Characters: Holly, Mark, Maggie, Sam, Alex, Shelby, Renfield

Of course Holly is my favorite character in this book besides Renfield.

Holly has lost her mother in an accident. She has not talked in over 6 months. Mark (one of holly's uncles and her legal guardian) is trying to take things slow like all the doctor's are telling him. But we all know how are something like that could be.

Mark and Holly stop by a toy store and meet Maggie. She owns the toy store that is in Friday Harbor. Amazingly Maggie get's Holly to talk. But then sparks are already flying between Mark and Maggie. Unfortunately Shelby (at the time she is Mark's girlfriend) walks in and Maggie thinks it is okay because she is not ready for a relationship.

Soon Mark and Shelby break up. Shelby does not understand why Mark needs to leave when Holly is sick. Any woman that does not understand why a man would want to be there for there child (should not matter if it is biological or not) when they are sick needs a dose of reality.

While I will admit that I did not like this book as much as the second book it is a great starter to the series. I hope the third book is as great as the second book.

The bunnies and I give this book 3-Carrots. ( )
  kybunnies | Oct 19, 2014 |
Excellent. This was a quick story, but a cute romance. Mark Nolan ends up as the care taker/guardian to his sisters 6 year old daughter, Holly, after her untimely death. Saddled with the new responsibilities of parenthood, Mark discovers a whole new realm of love and caring for someone else.

Maggie Collins is a young widow in her twenties who lost the husband she loved the cancer shortly after their marriage. She's afraid to take that kind of risk again and is happy running her toy shop and being a fun aunt for her siblings children. When Mark and his young niece enter the toy shop, Maggie helps the little girl to believe in magic again and regain her smile and her voice.

Despite their resistance, the sparks between Maggie and Mark fly. Will Holly get her Christmas wish of having a new mom to love her? Will Maggie overcome her fears to let love in?

A beautifully told and heartwarming short story. ( )
  Azacia | Apr 27, 2014 |
I really enjoyed this story. It was a feel good Christmas romance. The characters were very sweet. I can't wait for the next story! ( )
  poetryfreak38 | Mar 21, 2014 |
This was a short Christmas feel good book. ( )
  jnut1 | Mar 4, 2014 |

Kleypas, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eby, TanyaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
York, JudyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Ireta and Harrell Ellis

For showing me what love is,

and for living it every day.

Love always,

L.K.
Dear Santa

I want just one thing this year

A mom

Please dont forget I live in friday harbor now.

love

Holly
Republished as "Christmas with Holly" as a promotion for the Hallmark Hall of Fame television movie. Originally published as "Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor."

ONE LITTLE GIRL NEEDS A FAMILY

One rain-slicked night, six-year-old Holly lost the only parent she knew, her beloved mother Victoria. And since that night, she has never again spoken a word.

ONE SINGLE MAN NEEDS A WIFE

The last thing Mark Nolan needs is a six-year-old girl in his life. But he soon realizes that he will do everything he can to make her life whole again. His sister’s will gives him the instructions: There’s no other choice but you. Just start by loving her. The rest will follow.

SOMETIMES, IT TAKES A LITTLE MAGIC…

Maggie Conroy doesn’t dare believe in love again, after losing her husband of one year. But she does believe in the magic of imagination. As the owner of a toy shop, she lives what she loves. And when she meets Holly Nolan, she sees a little girl in desperate need of a little magic.

…TO MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE

Three lonely people. Three lives at the crossroads. Three people who are about to discover that Christmas is the time of year when anything is possible, and when wishes have a way of finding the path home…

Mark Nolan's happy-go-lucky bachelorhood is interrupted by the death of his sister and his subsequent guardianship of her six-year-old daughter, Holly, who is traumatized into muteness and desperately seeking a maternal figure. Enter Maggie Collins, a toy shop owner who lost her own husband to cancer.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,495,888 books! | Top bar: Always visible