Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa…

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor (edition 2010)

by Lisa Kleypas

Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:***1/2
Tags:read in 2012, romance, island

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas

3.5 stars. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas was a sweet start to the Friday Harbor series, although it could have been better with a bit more development of several plot points and of the characters, and the ending was somewhat rushed. Still, I could see the potential for the series, which I will continue, and it was a nice holiday read. ( )
  Booklover889 | Mar 17, 2016 |
[Saturday, December 10, 2011] I bought this book yesterday, I postponed buying it for so long. I love Lisa's historical romances novels, but I struggled with Sugar Daddy [still am]. This is not the case here. I opened the book less than an hour ago and now I'm in chapter 3, I guess I will finish the book today. It's adorable and short. I love Lisa's style in writing. I loved Maggie and Mark's story... I can't wait to see Sam and Alex's stories as well!

[Sunday, ‎January ‎06, ‎2013] OMG!! I could actually cry! What have they done to the book! I just finished watching the movie based on this book and it made me very very very mad!! They destroyed it! Lisa Kleypas should sue! ( )

mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
This was a Christmas gift from my mom. As I started reading it I realized it was familiar...yup...you guessed it...there is a Hallmark movie that I've watched a couple times. The movie, of course, is a little different but they are both good in their own way. ( )
  whybehave2002 | Mar 1, 2016 |

Kleypas, Lisaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Eby, TanyaReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
York, JudyCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Ireta and Harrell Ellis

For showing me what love is,

and for living it every day.

Love always,

L.K.
Dear Santa

I want just one thing this year

A mom

Please dont forget I live in friday harbor now.

love

Holly
Republished as "Christmas with Holly" as a promotion for the Hallmark Hall of Fame television movie. Originally published as "Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor."

ONE LITTLE GIRL NEEDS A FAMILY

One rain-slicked night, six-year-old Holly lost the only parent she knew, her beloved mother Victoria. And since that night, she has never again spoken a word.

ONE SINGLE MAN NEEDS A WIFE

The last thing Mark Nolan needs is a six-year-old girl in his life. But he soon realizes that he will do everything he can to make her life whole again. His sister’s will gives him the instructions: There’s no other choice but you. Just start by loving her. The rest will follow.

SOMETIMES, IT TAKES A LITTLE MAGIC…

Maggie Conroy doesn’t dare believe in love again, after losing her husband of one year. But she does believe in the magic of imagination. As the owner of a toy shop, she lives what she loves. And when she meets Holly Nolan, she sees a little girl in desperate need of a little magic.

…TO MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE

Three lonely people. Three lives at the crossroads. Three people who are about to discover that Christmas is the time of year when anything is possible, and when wishes have a way of finding the path home…

Mark Nolan's happy-go-lucky bachelorhood is interrupted by the death of his sister and his subsequent guardianship of her six-year-old daughter, Holly, who is traumatized into muteness and desperately seeking a maternal figure. Enter Maggie Collins, a toy shop owner who lost her own husband to cancer.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,917,796 books! | Top bar: Always visible