In the Arms of Mr. Darcy (Pride & Prejudice…

In the Arms of Mr. Darcy (Pride & Prejudice Continues) (edition 2010)

by Sharon Lathan

61None193,486 (3.81)3
Member:Janientrelac
Title:In the Arms of Mr. Darcy (Pride & Prejudice Continues)
Authors:Sharon Lathan
Info:Sourcebooks Landmark (2010), Paperback, 384 pages
Collections:cpl
Rating:*

In the Arms of Mr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan

it's not easy to make sex dull but it can be done. ( )
  Janientrelac | Jan 15, 2013 |
This book is actually part of a series, and you know what, there are two books I have missed. I think I am loosing my series OCD. I have read the first one and it's easy to just jump in, but I do want to know how Mary met her man. I must go back for that book.

In this one Lizzy had given birth to a highly beloved son. It's Christmas and the whole family has come. Mary with her fiancé (how did that happen?), and all the rest. Colonel Fitzwilliam is aching for someone he always has cared for, Georgiana is introduced into society, Kitty falls in love and Caroline Bingley feels passion. Among a lot of other little things happening at Pemberley.

Even Anne de Burgh has found someone so yes, need those two previous books to see how this happened. Lathan slowly makes people fall in love, get married, and live their lives. And I meet all my beloved PP characters again.

Lizzy and Darcy are at it like rabbits, they are first passionate, and really loving and cute. Darcy is wonderful in this book, he adores his wife and the way he is with the baby makes my heart melt. The passion between them just makes it more loving.

Still a lot of things to come, not all people meet happy endings here so more to come, and I do want to know. Lathan has found her own way and introduces new characters that feels true to the Austen world.

This book also shows that a PP series is possible, there are always things that might happen, but what is constant is the love Darcy and Lizzy feels for each other, it is heart-warming.

Final thoughts: It will be interesting to see what happens next. ( )
  blodeuedd | Oct 11, 2010 |
From my book review blog Rundpinne http://www.rundpinne.com

I have stated before that at heart I am a Pride and Prejudice purist and yet I have immensely enjoyed and continue to enjoy Sharon Lathan’s take-offs or continuations of Pride and Prejudice. In her latest release, In the Arms of Mr. Darcy, Lathan continues to bring the Regency period to life, not only through her eloquent and descriptive writing, but also through her characters well known to any Pride & Prejudice fan. Elizabeth and Darcy continue to shine and as spring turns a young man’s thoughts to fancy, it also holds true for women and in the novel, love is in the air. In the Arms of Mr. Darcy flew by all too quickly as I was swept up by the romance, the seasons, and the Regency period. Beloved Lizzy and stoic Darcy wind their way through society and all the glorious and not so glorious merriment, romantic notions, flirtations, and maybe just make it through the season intact. I heartily recommend In the Arms of Mr. Darcy to those who enjoyed Pride & Prejudice and have always wanted to know what may have happened next. JH/Rundpinne/2010 ( )
  knittingmomof3 | Oct 9, 2010 |
Having read many different takeoffs and mash ups of Austen's novels, I continue to hold Lathan's at the top of the list. There is something so fanciful and romantic about Sharon Lathan's depiction of Darcy and Elizabeth that I can't quite get enough! I was happy to see that in this installment the couple have really settled into their roles as man and wife, and are letting go of previous insecurities they might have had previously. While they have settled into their lives together, their passion and love for one another have only deepened. Yes, we are privy to their passionate relationship as it continues to unfold, but it is done in a beautifully mature sort of way. Let's be honest here, who wouldn't want to continue to have a passionate relationship with the love of one's life? If one is willing to suspend a certain belief that this iconic couple have been cemented into the pages of Austen's novel, then these books will allow the couple to live and breathe on into a beautiful, complicated and lovely future.

Although the story mainly centers on Darcy and Elizabeth, we learn much more about the people in their lives, such as their single sisters and friends. Caroline Bingley makes an appearance in this installment and strikes out to find a match for herself. Honestly, I wanted to hear more about her search for love, not enough to fill chapters at a time, but was genuinely interested in her struggles enough so that a few more mentions of her would have been well received. I also was surprised at how much I wanted to read on about Darcy's sister Georgiana and Elizabeth's sister Kitty. Usually I'm annoyed when a writer takes away from our main characters, but I didn't feel this at all in this novel, partly because our time with them is so judiciously spent. I will say though that considering the turmoil that poor Georgiana experiences at the end of this installment, I have a feeling that more is to come for this sweet character.

As with each of Lathan's previous novels, the language and style of her writing has a melodic charm to it that carries you through each line and chapter. The sweetness of the writing adds depth to the story and leaves you wanting to escape into it more. There are still the characteristic meanderings, journeys, and felicitous lounging to please any lover of Regency style and romance. This happy, romantic couple is at no loss of love or happiness in the novel to keep any reader sighing along with them. ( )
  mjmbecky | Oct 3, 2010 |

Is a (non-series) sequel to

Romance finds nearly everyone as confirmed bachelor Richard Fitzwilliam sets his sights on the seemingly unattainable Lady Fotherby, Georgiana Darcy learns to flirt, the very serious Kitty Bennet develops her first crush, and Caroline Bingley meets her match. Through it all, Elizabeth and Darcy are kept busy helping friends and family navigate true love's inevitably rocky course.… (more)

Sharon Lathan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,457,222 books! | Top bar: Always visible