The Happy Prince and Other Tales by Oscar…

The Happy Prince and Other Tales (1888)

by Oscar Wilde

903None9,713 (4.07)33

English (11)  Croatian (1)  French (1)  Hebrew (1)  All languages (14)
A charming collection of children's stories with just a hint of Wilde's biting wit... ( )
  leslie.98 | Jan 10, 2014 |
I used to work in an used-books store, my boss gave this to me - 1940s edition - cause it was missing a cover.
  allisonneke | Dec 17, 2013 |
These stories are jam packed with luscious visuals of splendorous castle and magical places and beings. There is a version of the little mermaid from the perspective of the Prince! I like the way Oscar wilde paints with words , even though I wished for happier endings I was enchanted by his amazing power of description. The stories were effective at leaving me wishing for kindnes in the world.
  kellw | Mar 16, 2013 |
This was one of my favorite books when I was a child. My favorite story was "The Nightingale and the Rose." I cried every time I read it. Other stories include "The Happy Prince;" "The Fisherman and his Soul;" "The Birthday of the Infanta;" "The Young King;" and "The Star-Child." The edition I had was published in 1940 and beautifully illustrated by Everett Shinn. ( )
  Koffeecat | Aug 9, 2011 |
Probably my favourite piece of children's literature. Lovely stories beautifully told, though very sad (some perhaps too sad for little children). Also a pretty edition with some gorgeous illustrations. ( )
  kritikarr | Aug 31, 2010 |

Oscar Wildeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kapari, JaanaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
to Carlos Blacker
High above the city on a tall column stood the statue of the Happy Prince.
This is the original story collection from Mr. Wilde, including:
* The Happy Prince
* The Nightingale and the Rose
* The Selfish Giant
* The Devoted Friend
* The Remarkable Rocket
Please do not combine with other story collection that contain different stories.

Contents: The happy prince -- The nightingale and the rose -- The selfish giant -- The devoted friends -- The remarkable rocket.

A pleasure seeking prince, a selfish giant, and more: Wilde's fairy tales, first published in 1888, for childlike people from eighteen to eighty."

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:23:05 -0400)

A beautiful, golden, jewel-studded statue and a little swallow give all they have to help the poor.

Legacy Library: Oscar Wilde

Oscar Wilde has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Oscar Wilde's legacy profile.

See Oscar Wilde's author page.

Seven editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,483,356 books! | Top bar: Always visible