Shadowspell by Jenna Black

Shadowspell

by Jenna Black

I enjoyed this just as much as Glimmerglass. The additional drama created by the Erlking and his Wild Hunt was great. It will be fun to see how things sort out in the next one! ( )
  camibrite | May 25, 2014 |
Jenna Black, Remedial Magic B004FPYZLQ, Personally, I think it is silly to publish this short tidbit all by itself. Why not place the trilogy in 3 separate sections of one book? It would take a little bit longer to read leaving the reader “satisfied”. It is a waste of time to download 3 tiny “books” . The author is a good writer. She really should consider publishing small series together. I believe in the long run, the reviews would go UP as the reader may feel an entire book was read instead of a teaser. ASIN:1490928898 Raining Angels ( )
  ReneeRobinson | May 4, 2014 |
I think this might be the best YA paranormal series I have read (though, I will admit that I have not read a large amount of them, but I have read a few).

Dana is a great, no holds barred kind of girl. Very indepentant and doesn't take no for an answer. We see a different side to Ethan and Keane. There is also a new character in the Erlking (who leads the Wild Hunt). He gives new meaning to the being a very bad person. Everyone is petrofied of him, including both of the Faerie queens.

There are several plot twists in this story, which makes waiting for Sirensong a long wait. Luckly it is only a few months away. ( )
  mlsimmons | Sep 20, 2013 |
Full review can be found on my blog (un)Conventional Bookviews.

Oh Dana, how naive you were in your bargain! I was sure the way it was worded meant exactly what it meant, but I had no idea just how bad things would be, even if she decides later herself to actually go through with it.

Lexxie | Apr 23, 2013 |
Raced through this one today, wish SIRENSONG was out already! SHADOWSPELL is just a quick commercial break away from GLIMMERGLASS, and I certainly wish I could tune in next week for the next installment. Great action, continued development of characters, and not much retread. I'm invested in these characters and interested to see what happens next. ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
To my husband, Dan. You are, as always, my inspiration.
Going on a date with a bodyguard hanging over your shoulder sucks.

On top of spending most of her time in a bunkerlike safe house and having her dates hijacked by a formidable Fae bodyguard, Faeriewalker Dana Hathaway is in for some more bad news: the Erlking and his pack of murderous minions known as the Wild Hunt have descended upon Avalon. With his homicidal appetite and immortal powers, the Erlking has long been the nightmare of the Fae realm. A fragile treaty with the Faerie Queen, sealed with a mysterious spell, is the one thing that keeps him from hunting unchecked in Avalon, the only place on Earth where humans and Fae live together. Which means Dana’s in trouble, since it’s common knowledge that the Faerie Queen wants her – and her rare Faeriewalker powers – dead. The smoldering, sexy Erlking’s got his sights set on Dana, but does he only seek to kill her, or does he have something much darker in mind?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,647,364 books! | Top bar: Always visible