|8,041 (10,949)||239||2,038|| (3.76)||25||0|
- Water 784 copies, 19 reviews
- Eva 560 copies, 26 reviews
- The Ropemaker 556 copies, 15 reviews
- The Flight of Dragons 369 copies, 6 reviews
- Fire 321 copies, 17 reviews
- A Bone From a Dry Sea 261 copies, 6 reviews
- The Kin 223 copies, 7 reviews
- The Weathermonger 219 copies, 4 reviews
- The Blue Hawk 211 copies, 2 reviews
- King and Joker 187 copies, 2 reviews
- The Glass-Sided Ants' Nest 169 copies, 3 reviews
- Tulku 167 copies, 5 reviews
- The Tears of the Salamander 166 copies, 5 reviews
- The Old English Peep Show 162 copies, 3 reviews
- The Devil's Children 151 copies, 3 reviews
- The Poison Oracle 149 copies, 3 reviews
- The Yellow Room Conspiracy 145 copies, 6 reviews
- Heartsease 140 copies, 4 reviews
- Death of a Unicorn 134 copies, 5 reviews
- The Changes: A Trilogy 124 copies, 3 reviews
- Angel Isle 122 copies
- AK 110 copies, 4 reviews
- The Dancing Bear 102 copies, 1 review
- The Gift 102 copies, 1 review
- One Foot in the Grave 100 copies
- Merlin Dreams 100 copies, 2 reviews
- Hindsight 98 copies, 4 reviews
- The Last Houseparty 96 copies, 3 reviews
- Some Deaths Before Dying 96 copies, 2 reviews
- The Lively Dead 90 copies, 1 review
- Walking Dead 87 copies, 2 reviews
Top members (works)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Peter Dickinson was born and raised in Livingstone, Northern Rhodesia (now Zambia). He received his Bachelor of Arts degree at King's College, Cambridge in 1951. He not only served in the British Army, but also as assistant editor and reviewer for Punch Magazine for seventeen years.
He has written several novels for adults, a television series for juveniles and many books for young people. Keeping track of the audience for whom he is writing is not a problem. He knows the voice in which he is writing and does not have to constantly remind himself. Many of his protagonists are female. He says, "...women are more observant. I think that girls are much more aware of social matters than boys, and therefore make much more interesting observers."
Over the years, Peter Dickinson has won many awards for his novels. In 1982 he was placed on the International Board of Books for Young People Honor List for Tulku and The Iron Lion was selected one of New York Times Notable Books. In 1989 he won the Boston Globe‚Horn Book Award for Eva.
Improve this author
"Peter Dickinson" is composed of at least 4 distinct authors, divided by their works. You can edit the division.
Go to the disambiguation page to edit author name combination and separation.
Peter Dickinson is composed of 3 names. You can examine and separate out names.