Military historian John A[lexander] Hall wrote Volume VIII The Biographical DIctionar of British Officers Killed and Wounded 1808-1814. Most of the other socio-economic works are by Dr. John A. Hall of McGill University (see posted link).
1) Hall, John Anthony, 1949- The state
2) Hall, John A. (John Alexander) A History of the Peninsular War: The Biographical Dictionary of British…
3) Hall, John A. (John Alan), 1932- Bringing new products to market
4) Hall, John A., b. 1854-02-16 d.1892-06-22, editor of Switchmen's Journal, The Great Strike of "Q"
5) John A. Hall - Page Writing