|33,358 (36,628)||354||224|| (3.58)||112||1|
- Lady Chatterley's Lover 8,366 copies, 104 reviews
- Sons and Lovers 6,232 copies, 58 reviews
- Women in Love 4,514 copies, 22 reviews
- The Rainbow 2,630 copies, 24 reviews
- The Virgin and the Gypsy 677 copies, 6 reviews
- The Plumed Serpent 623 copies, 6 reviews
- Selected Poems 408 copies
- Complete Poems 349 copies, 2 reviews
- Aaron's Rod 336 copies, 4 reviews
- Kangaroo 329 copies, 7 reviews
- Studies in Classic American Literature 309 copies, 5 reviews
- The Fox 305 copies, 8 reviews
- The Lost Girl 284 copies, 3 reviews
- Selected Short Stories (Dover Thrift Editions) 278 copies, 1 review
- Three Novellas 278 copies, 1 review
- St. Mawr & The Man Who Died 274 copies, 3 reviews
- The White Peacock 234 copies, 2 reviews
- The Prussian Officer 233 copies, 3 reviews
- The complete short stories : volume II 213 copies
- The Portable D. H. Lawrence 193 copies, 2 reviews
- D. H. Lawrence and Italy: Sketches from Etruscan Places, Sea and Sardinia,… 193 copies, 2 reviews
- Twilight in Italy 190 copies, 2 reviews
- The complete short stories : volume I 186 copies
- Four Short Novels 167 copies, 1 review
- The Trespasser 163 copies, 3 reviews
- Etruscan Places 162 copies, 2 reviews
- England, My England 161 copies
- Sea and Sardinia 146 copies, 1 review
- Fantasia of the Unconscious and Psychoanalysis and the Unconscious… 142 copies, 1 review
- John Thomas and Lady Jane 140 copies
- Apocalypse 137 copies, 1 review
- The Best Poems of the English Language: From Chaucer Through Robert Frost (Contributor) 564 copies, 3 reviews
- Short Story Masterpieces (Contributor) 418 copies, 2 reviews
- Black Water: The Book of Fantastic Literature (Contributor) 296 copies, 3 reviews
- The Penguin Book of English Short Stories (Contributor) 263 copies, 3 reviews
- Best Short Stories of the Modern Age (Contributor, some editions) 236 copies, 2 reviews
- In Another Part of the Forest: An Anthology of Gay Short Fiction (Contributor) 121 copies, 1 review
- Pages Passed from Hand to Hand: The Hidden Tradition of Homosexual… (Contributor) 111 copies, 1 review
- Russian Short Stories from Pushkin to Buida (Translator) 111 copies, 1 review
- Imagist Poetry (Penguin Modern Classics) (Contributor) 101 copies, 1 review
- The World's Greatest Short Stories (Contributor) 89 copies
- Imagist Poetry: An Anthology (Contributor) 85 copies, 1 review
- Vampire Stories (Contributor) 81 copies
- The Mammoth Book of Modern Ghost Stories (Contributor) 78 copies, 4 reviews
- The Gates of Paradise (Contributor) 77 copies, 2 reviews
Top members (works)
D. H. Lawrence has 1 upcoming event.
Milford - CLASSICS CROWD meets to discuss timeless literature.
The Classics Crowd meets every other month on the third* Thursday to discuss books voted on by concensus. Join them for lively chats on treasured favorites, or discover a new gem. Interested members are always welcome. Don't be shy!
Next meeting is MARCH 20th for William Faulkner's As I Lay Dying
. May 15th will feature Lady Chatterly's Lover by D.H. Lawrence, and on July 17th the group will discuss Jonathan SWIFT's classic, Gulliver's Travels.
*almost every 3rd Thursday, sometimes they move the meeting up or down a week to accomodate the most members. Call to confirm if you interested in attending.
Location: Street: 614 Nashua Street, Lorden Plaza Additional: 603-673-1734 City: Milford, Province: New Hampshire Postal Code: 03055 Country: United States (added from IndieBound)… (more)
D. H. Lawrence has 1 media appearance.
A Reclusive Novelist Reckons With His Legacy '& Sons'
At the center of David Gilbert
's new novel & Sons is a famous and famously reclusive writer in the J.D. Salinger model. It's a book about the writer as author of books, and as the father of sons — sons who don't feel nearly as warmly toward him as readers do. When & Sons begins, the writer, Andrew Newbold Dyer — or A.N. Dyer as he's known to his readers — is nearing 80.
Gilbert says that as he was writing the book, his own father was growing elderly and more vulnerable at the same time Gilbert's son was entering his teen years. The dynamic of fathers and sons was one that he was in the midst of and thus wanted to explore, "in all of its myriad details, and ways, and emotions." (Shortride)… (more)
D. H. Lawrence has 4 past events. (show)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Related book awards
Improve this author
D. H. Lawrence is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
D. H. Lawrence is composed of 14 names. You can examine and separate out names.