|1,949 (5,025)||154||9,704|| (4)||3||0|
- Christmas 224 copies, 2 reviews
- Dinner Time 188 copies
- Haunted House 185 copies, 6 reviews
- The Fairy Tales 131 copies, 3 reviews
- Oh My a Fly 124 copies, 2 reviews
- Little Monsters 104 copies, 2 reviews
- Easter 100 copies, 2 reviews
- Small Talk 92 copies, 1 review
- The First Noel: A Christmas Carousel 59 copies, 1 review
- Robot 58 copies, 1 review
- Botticelli's Bed & Breakfast 52 copies, 2 reviews
- ABC Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Creatures 41 copies
- Shapes 30 copies
- Gossip 25 copies, 1 review
- Puss in Boots (Illustrator, some editions) 1,180 copies, 85 reviews
- A Necklace of Raindrops and Other Stories (Illustrator, some editions) 302 copies, 2 reviews
- Meg and Mog (Illustrator) 255 copies, 3 reviews
- The Kingdom Under the Sea and Other Stories (Illustrator) 148 copies
- Meg's Eggs (Illustrator) 89 copies, 1 review
- Meg's Castle (Illustrator) 88 copies, 1 review
- Meg on the Moon (Illustrator) 78 copies, 1 review
- Meg at Sea (Illustrator) 75 copies, 1 review
- Meg's Car (Illustrator) 75 copies, 1 review
- Meg's Veg (Illustrator) 73 copies, 1 review
- Tale of a One-Way Street and Other Stories (Illustrator, some editions) 61 copies
- A Foot in the Grave (Illustrator) 59 copies
- Mog in the Fog (Illustrator) 57 copies, 1 review
- The Golden Bird (Illustrator) 49 copies, 1 review
- Mog at the Zoo (Illustrator) 49 copies, 1 review
- Past Eight O'Clock: Goodnight Stories (Illustrator, some editions) 48 copies
- Owl at School (Illustrator) 45 copies, 1 review
- Meg Up the Creek (Illustrator) 24 copies, 1 review
- Jack and the beanstalk (The Jan Pienkowski fairy tale library) (Illustrator) 24 copies, 4 reviews
- Hans Christian Andersen's Fairy Tales (Introduction, some editions) 22 copies
- Mog's Missing (Illustrator) 22 copies, 1 review
- Meg, Mog and Og (Illustrator) 21 copies, 1 review
- Ghosts and Bogles (Illustrator) 21 copies
- Mog's Mumps (Illustrator) 17 copies, 1 review
- Meg's Mummy (Illustrator) 17 copies, 1 review
- Meg's Cauldron (Illustrator) 14 copies
- Meg's Fancy Dress (Illustrator) 13 copies, 1 review
- M.O.L.E. (Illustrator) 12 copies
- Meg and Mog Play Hide-and-Seek (Illustrator) 11 copies
- Meg and Mog Birthday Book (Illustrator) 11 copies, 1 review
- Mog's Box (Illustrator) 11 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Cause of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Jan Michel Pieńkowski is a Polish-born British illustrator and author of children's books. He is probably best known for his Meg and Mog books with writer Helen Nicoll and for his pop-up books, including Haunted House (winner of the 1980 Kate Greenaway Medal), Robot, Dinner Time, Good Night and seventeen others.
Pieńkowski illustrated his first book at the age of eight, as a present for his father. During World War II, Pieńkowski's family moved about Europe, finally settling in Herefordshire, England in 1946. He attended the Cardinal Vaughan School in London, and later read English and Classics at King's College, Cambridge.
After leaving university Pieńkowski founded the Gallery Five greeting cards company. He began illustrating children's books in his spare time, but soon found the work taking over all his time. He began working with children's author Joan Aiken in 1968; he later won the first of two Kate Greenaway Medals in 1972 for his illustrations for Aiken's The Kingdom Under the Sea.
Pieńkowski has had a life-long interest in stage design. He was commissioned to provide designs for Theatre de Complicite, Beauty and the Beast for the Royal Ballet, and Sleeping Beauty at Disneyland Paris.
In 2005 Pienkowski contracted a civil partnership with David Walser, with whom he has been in a relationship for over forty years.
Pienkowski suffers from bipolar disorder.
Improve this author
Jan Pieńkowski is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Jan Pieńkowski is composed of 7 names. You can examine and separate out names.