There are multiple Peter Steins, multiple ones writing in German and Dutch, multiple writing on linguistics, etc., so take care in assigning. Thanks.
1) Stein, Peter, 1926-, Roman Law in European History, publishes under Peter Stein, Peter G. Stein, and P.G. Stein (LC|n 79061054)
2) Stein, Peter, 1941-, Schriftkultur. Eine Geschichte des Schreibens und Lesens (LC|n 81015667)
3) From Amazon description: "Peter Stein has been a highly successful writer, editor, designer, and art director for more than twenty years. He is the author of seven gift books, including Age Is Nothing, Attitude Is Everything and Fine Friends: A Little Book About You and Me. He lives in Petaluma, California."
4) Stein, Peter, 1937-, German director, contributor to Anton Chekhov's Selected Plays (LC|n 81031972)
5) Stein, Peter, 1970-, contributor to The Ancient Languages of Syria-Palestine and Arabia (DNB|139248897)
6) Stein, Peter 1923-, Die Lösung der linearen gewöhnlichen Differentialgleichungen ... (DNB|1046325892)