Sigrid Undset - photo: Eivind Enger, Kristiania, 1905
|7,170 (7,449)||145||2,209|| (4.15)||51||0|
(nor)Sigrid Undset's sitat:
"Menneskenes hjerter forandres aldeles intet i alle dager. Det er bare de ytre forholdende, vanene og miljø som har forandret seg, ikke følelsene, kjærligheten, skylden og ansvaret".
- Kristin Lavransdatter 2,091 copies, 57 reviews
- Kristin Lavransdatter I: The Wreath 1,240 copies, 26 reviews
- Kristin Lavransdatter II: The Wife 797 copies, 14 reviews
- Kristin Lavransdatter III: The Cross 732 copies, 10 reviews
- Gunnar's Daughter 243 copies, 3 reviews
- The Master of Hestviken, Vol. 1: The Axe 218 copies, 4 reviews
- Jenny 215 copies, 6 reviews
- Catherine of Siena 167 copies, 1 review
- The Master of Hestviken 155 copies, 4 reviews
- The Master of Hestviken, Vol. 2: The Snake Pit 142 copies, 1 review
- The Master of Hestviken, Vol. 3: In the Wilderness 128 copies, 1 review
- The Master of Hestviken, Vol. 4: The Son Avenger 126 copies, 1 review
- Ida Elisabeth 76 copies
- Våren 67 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Admittedly short biographical note: while in the midst of writing her two most famous works (the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy and the quatrology Master of Hestviken), for which she was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1928, she was raising five children, one of whom was severely mentally handicapped, as a single woman. Albeit with a live-in nanny, this is still an extraordinary achievement!
Improve this author
Sigrid Undset is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Sigrid Undset is composed of 24 names. You can examine and separate out names.