Sigrid Undset - photo: Eivind Enger, Kristiania, 1905
|7,439 (7,729)||152||2,213|| (4.14)||51||0|
(nor)Sigrid Undset's sitat:
"Menneskenes hjerter forandres aldeles intet i alle dager. Det er bare de ytre forholdende, vanene og miljø som har forandret seg, ikke følelsene, kjærligheten, skylden og ansvaret".
- Kristin Lavransdatter 2,162 copies, 59 reviews
- Kristin Lavransdatter I: The Wreath 1,283 copies, 28 reviews
- Kristin Lavransdatter II: The Wife 822 copies, 16 reviews
- Kristin Lavransdatter III: The Cross 752 copies, 10 reviews
- Gunnar's Daughter 246 copies, 3 reviews
- The Master of Hestviken, Vol. 1: The Axe 225 copies, 4 reviews
- Jenny 223 copies, 6 reviews
- Catherine of Siena 182 copies, 1 review
- The Master of Hestviken 158 copies, 4 reviews
- The Master of Hestviken, Vol. 2: The Snake Pit 143 copies, 1 review
- The Master of Hestviken, Vol. 3: In the Wilderness 131 copies, 1 review
- The Master of Hestviken, Vol. 4: The Son Avenger 127 copies, 2 reviews
- Ida Elisabeth 81 copies
- Våren 67 copies, 1 review
Top members (works)
|Date of birth|
|Date of death|
|Country (for map)|
|Place of death|
|Places of residence|
|Awards and honors|
Admittedly short biographical note: while in the midst of writing her two most famous works (the Kristin Lavransdatter trilogy and the quatrology Master of Hestviken), for which she was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1928, she was raising five children, one of whom was severely mentally handicapped, as a single woman. Albeit with a live-in nanny, this is still an extraordinary achievement!
Improve this author
Sigrid Undset is currently considered a "single author." If one or more works are by a distinct, homonymous authors, go ahead and split the author.
Sigrid Undset is composed of 24 names. You can examine and separate out names.