Melvil Decimal System: 222.09
Dewmoji: 🙏🏽 > 📖 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Christian practice and observance
Christian pastoral practice and religious orders
Christian organization, social work, worship
History of Christianity
Gospels and Acts
Judges and Ruth
Works under MDS 222.09
- Warriors and Kings: Champions of the Bible (Bible World Junior Encyclopedia) by John William Drane
- Bible Stories for Jewish Children: From Creation to Joshua by Ruth Samuels
- Moses' Ark, Stories From the Bible by Alice Bach
- Bible Stories for Jewish Children, from Joshua to Queen Esther by Ruth Samuels
- If I had a wish (A Regal venture book) by Ethel Barrett
- Jonah and the Whale and Other Old Testament Stories (Discovering the Bible) by Victoria Parker
- Redating the Exodus and Conquest by John J. Bimson
- Israel in the period of the judges by A. D. H. Mayes
- The story of Israel, from Joshua to Alexander the Great by Stephen Szikszai
- Noah's Ark and other Bible Stories by Vivian French
- Samson and Delilah and Other Old Testament Stories (Discovering the Bible) by Victoria Parker
- Noah's Ark and Other First Bible Stories (Discovering the Bible) by Victoria Parker
- David and Goliath and Other Old Testament Stories (Discovering the Bible) by Victoria Parker
- Historiography and Identity (Re)formulation in Second Temple Historiographical Literature (Library Hebrew Bible/Old Testament Studies) by Louis Jonker
- Israelite Prophecy and the Deuteronomistic History: Portrait, Reality and the Formation of a History (Ancient Israel and Its Literature) by Mignon Jacobs
- Manga Bible, Vol. 5: Prophets, Captives, and the Kingdom Rebuilt (Jonah, Esther, Ezekiel, Daniel, Job, Ezra/Nehemiah, Psalms) by Young Shin Lee
- The Tale of Ancient Israel by Roger Lancelyn Green
- Bibles Heroes, Kings and Prophets by M. B. Christian
- Muwāzanah bayna tafsīray al-muḥarrir al-wajīz li-Ibn ʻAṭīyah wa-zād al-masīr fī ʻilm al-tafsīr li-Ibn al-Jawzī by Manṣūr ibn Fuḍayl Kāfī
- Prophets, Captives, and the Kingdom Rebuilt: Jonah- Esther-Ezekiel-Daniel-Job-Ezra/Nehemiah-Psalms (Z Graphic Novels / Manga Bible) (v. 5) by Young Shin Lee
- Ṭabaqāt al-mufassirīn. al-juzʾ al-awwal by Shams al-Dīn Muḥammad ibn ʻAlī ibn Aḥmadḥ al-Maṣrī al-Dāwūdī
- Ṭabaqāt al-mufassirīn. al-juzʻ al-awwal by Jalāl al-Dīn Abū al-Faḍl ‘Abd al-Raḥmān ibn Abī Bakr ibn Muḥammad al-Khuḍayrī Suyūṭī
- King Solomon by Jenny Robertson
- Four Biblical Heroines and the Case for Female Authorship: An Analysis of the Women of Ruth, Esther and Genesis 38 by Hillel I. Millgram
- Bible heroes, kings & prophets by Dorothy Van Woerkom
- مدارس التفسير الإسلامي : الجزء الأول. by بابائي ، علي. أكبر
- محمود الطالقاني : رجل الإحياء القرآني. by خوشمنش ، أبو. الفضل
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.