Melvil Decimal System: 266.0099
Dewmoji: 🙏🏽 > ⛪ > ? > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Christian practice and observance
Christian pastoral practice and religious orders
Christian organization, social work, worship
History of Christianity
Church; Institutions; Work
Sabbath; Lord's Day; Sunday
Public Worship; Ritual
Missions; Home and Foreign
Anglican and American P.E.
Presbyterian and Reformed
Other Christian Sects
Missions (historical, biographical, geographical)
Works under MDS 266.0099
- Peace Child by Don Richardson
- In Search of the Source by Neil Anderson
- Torches of Joy by John Dekker
- Roaring Lion: Experiencing Victory Over Demonic Attack by Robert Peterson
- Miracle on the Sepik by Clarence Wilbur Hall
- Growing an everyday faith: Effective mission in a changing Australia by Peter Kaldor Robinson, Dean Drayton Eds Ian
- Miracle in cannibal country by Clarence Wilbur Hall
- Credible witness : companions, prophets, hosts and other Australian mission models by Darren Cronshaw
- Batak blood and Protestant soul; the development of national Batak churches in North Sumatra by Paul Pedersen
- Aboriginal mission stations in Victoria: Yelta, Ebenezer, Ramahyuck, Lake Condah by Aldo Massola
- The deep-sea canoe: The story of Third World missionaries in the South Pacific by Alan Richard Tippett
- Flying for God - into the Son by Harold Morton
- Where nets were cast: Christianity in Oceania since World War II by John Garrett
- Baptised among crocodiles : a history of the Daintree Aboriginal Mission 1940-1962 by Russell Guy
- People movements in southern Polynesia; studies in the dynamics of church-planting and growth in Tahiti, New Zealand, To by Alan Richard Tippett
- Maori and missionary : early Christian missions in the South Island of New Zealand by T. A. Pybus
- Sky People in a Stone Age Community by Charles Craig
- Alice's daughter : lost mission child by Rhonda Collard-Spratt
- Messengers of Grace by Niel Gunson
- Steadfast endeavour: A chronicle of church interaction with Pilbara aboriginal society, 1945-1995 (Aboriginal studies series) by Graham J. Wilson
- The Martyrs of Papua New Guinea : 333 Missionary Lives Lost during World War II by Theo Aerts
- The British régime in Michigan and the Old Northwest, 1760-1796 by Nelson Vance Russell
- LAK: The paper war. Morality, print culture, and power in colonial New South Wales by Anna Johnston
- The coming of the missionaries by Peter Read
- The integrating gospel by Alan R. Tippett
- Contact with the Warriors of West Papua's Highlands by Norman Draper
- On His Majesty's Service by Jocelyn Burt
- A lifetime of caring : the history of the Leprosy Mission in Australia, 1913-1988 by Percy Lawrence Turnbull
- In the way of His steps : a brief outline of three decades of history of the Aborigines Inland Mission of Australia, 1905-1935 by Retta Long
- Providential channels by Retta Long
- Oscar X-ray calling : the story of the Scarlet family in Papua New Guinea, 1962-1971 by Betty Scarlet
- Only one earth life : the story of the Gospel Service Mission, formerly the Gospel Fishermen Mission by Keith Wilson
- Papuan pages : an account of a journey made in Papua-New Guinea in October and November, 1947 by William H. Rainey
- Mission, Church, and Sect in Oceania (Asao Monograph) by James A. Boutilier
- Papuan triumphs
- Papuan victory : with the Papuans in peace and war by Rhys W. Price
- Lillian Dickson's South Seas Story by Lillian Dickson
- Other Days, Other Ways by Doug McNaught
- Les théocraties missionnaires en Polynésie au XIXe siècle: Des cités de dieux dans les mers du Sud ? by Claire Laux
- Between two miracles. [The story of the founding of the Christian Church in the Pacific Islands] by London Missionary Society,
- Together by SIM New Zealand
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.