Melvil Decimal System: 286.3
Dewmoji: 🙏🏽 > ☦ > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Christian practice and observance
Christian pastoral practice and religious orders
Christian organization, social work, worship
History of Christianity
Christian Churches and Sects
Primitive and Eastern churches
Anglican and Episcopal
Presbyterian; Reformed; Congregational
Unitarian Universalist (no longer used)
Other Christian sects
Calvinistic or Regular
Old school (Primitive, Antimission or Hardshel)
Other baptist sects
Disciples (Campbellite or Christian)
Works under MDS 286.3
- Child of the Crossfire: A True Story by Alcyon Ruth Fleck
- Voices of the Turtledoves: The Sacred World of Ephrata by Jeff Bach
- A Choosing People: The History of the Seventh Day Baptists by Don A. Sanford
- Snow Hill: In the Shadows of the Ephrata Cloister by Denise A. Seachrist
- Seventh-Day Baptists: their legacy to Adventists, by Russel J. Thomsen
- Seventh Day Baptists in Europe and America; a series of historical papers written in commemoration of the one hundredth anniversary of the organization of the Seventh Day Baptist General Conference, celebrated at Ashaway, Rhode Island, August 20-25, 1902 by Albert N. Rogers
- Newport Seventh Day Baptist Trilogy by Ilou M. Sanford
- Sabbath and sectarianism in seventeenth-century England by David S. Katz
- Seventh Day Baptists in Europe and America: A Series of Historical Papers Written in Commemoration of the One Hundredth Anniversary of the ... Rhode Island, August 20-25, 1902; Volume 1 by Seventh Day Baptist General Conference
- The Glorious Sabbath In The Mysterious Sanctuary. by D. B. Hermann
- A History of Seventh Day Baptists in West Virginia, Including the Woodbridgetown and Salemville Churches in Pennsylvania and the Shrewsbury Church in New Jersey by Corliss Fitz Randolph
- First Alfred Seventh Day Baptist Church Membership Records Alfred, New York by Ilou M. Sanford
- Jubilee Papers: historical papers commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Seventh-Day Baptist Missionary Society, and the centennial of the William Carey Foreign Mission Movement
- A free people in search of a free land by Don A. Sanford
- First Seventh Day Baptist Church of Hopkinton in Ashaway, RI: Commemorating 300 years of continuous worship by C. Justin Camenga, Pastor
- Um povo que escolhe : História dos batistas do sétimo dia by Don A. Sanford
- History of the Seventh-Day Baptist General Conference: from its origin, September, 1802, to its 53rd session, September, 1865 by James Rev. Bailey
- The Seventh-Day Baptist Memorial: A quarterly magazine, devoted to biography, history, and statistics, Volume 1
- Bi-Centennial celebration of the First Seventh-Day Baptist Church of Hopkinton, located at Ashaway, R.I., September 25 and 26, 1908
- The Seventh-Day Baptist Memorial: A quarterly magazine, devoted to biography, history, and statistics, Volume II (2)
- Historical addresses, delivered at the dedication of the Ministers' Monument in the First Hopkinton Cemetery, near Ashaway, R.I., August 28, 1899
- The Seventh-Day Baptist Memorial, three volumes in one--complete. Portraits of William Bliss, Thomas Hiscox, John Davis, William Satterlee, Eli Stillman Bailey, William B. Maxson, Solomon Carpenter, Nathan Wardner, James H. Cochran, Daniel Coon
- A history of the Sabbatarians or Seventh Day Baptists, in America. Containing their rise and progress to the year 1811, with their leaders' names, and their distinguishing tenets, etc. by Henry Clarke, Pastor of the First Church in Brookfield, County of Madison, State of New York
- Sabbath Recorder, 12 volumes
- Who's Who Among Free Will Baptists by Harrold D. Harrison
- The Eastern Seventh Day Baptist Association: A series of historical papers written in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the organization of the Eastern Seventh Day Baptist Association celebrated at its annual session, held with the Piscataway Church, New Market, New Jersey, June 11-14, 1936
- Seventh Day Baptists in New England 1671-1971: Historical Notes by Karl G. Stillman
- Church Member's Manual: for the use of the members of the Pawcatuck Seventh-Day Baptist Church, Westerly, R.I.
- First Alfred Seventh Day Baptist Church Membership Records: Alfred, New York by Ilou M. Sanford
- Seventh Day Baptists in Europe and America: A series of historical papers written in commemoration of the one hundredth anniversary of the organization of the Seventh Day Baptist General Conference: celebrated at Ashaway, Rhode Island, August 20-25, 1902, Volume I
- Consiliere și psihoterapie pastorală by Sorin S?ndulache
- Seventh Day Baptists in Europe and America: A series of historical papers written in commemoration of the one hundredth anniversary of the organization of the Seventh Day Baptist General Conference: celebrated at Ashaway, Rhode Island, August 20-25, 1902, Volume II (2)
- Slavery in Islam = الرق ف الإسلام
- Seventh-Day Baptist Anniversaries, held at Westerly, R.I., September, 1860: Minutes and annual reports of the Seventh-Day Baptist Missionary Society, the American Sabbath Tract Society, the Seventh-Day Baptist Publishing Society, and the Seventh-Day Baptist Education Society.
- The First Hundred Years: Pawcatuck Seventh Day Baptist Church, Westerly, R. I. 1840 - 1940 (three copies, two stored) by Pawcatuck Seventh Day Baptist Church
- A History of Seventh Day Baptists in West Virginia, including the Woodbridgetown and Salemville churches in Pennsylvania and the Shrewsbury Church in New Jersey by Corliss Fitz Randolph
- Manual of the Seventh-Day Baptists; containing an historical sketch of the denomination, and reasons for emphasizing the day of the Sabbath by George Benjamin Utter
- Church Manual (7th Day Adventists) by Unknown
- Manual of the Seventh-Day Baptists; containing an historical sketch of the denomination and reasons for emphasizing the day of the Sabbath
- In Defense of the Faith : The Truth About Seventh-day Adventists, a Reply to Canright by William H. Branson
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.