Melvil Decimal System: 323.092
Dewmoji: 👫 > 👑 > 🛡 > ? > 🔙 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Relation of the state to organized groups and their members
Civil and political rights
The political process
International migration and colonization
Slavery and emancipation
The legislative process
[Previously "Political Parties; Party Conventions"; No longer used]
The state and social groups
The state and the individual
Theory And Instruction
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Essays; Special Topics
Education And Research
Specific Groups of People
Biography And History
Works under MDS 323.092
- Martin's Big Words: The Life of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. by Doreen Rappaport
- Rosa by Nikki Giovanni
- Happy Birthday, Martin Luther King Jr. by Jean Marzollo
- Claudette Colvin: Twice Toward Justice by Phillip Hoose
- My Brother Martin: A Sister Remembers Growing Up with the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. by Christine King Farris
- The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Rosa Parks: My Story by Rosa Parks
- If A Bus Could Talk: The Story of Rosa Parks by Faith Ringgold
- I Have a Dream: Writings and Speeches That Changed the World, Special 75th Anniversary Edition (Martin Luther King, Jr., born January 15, 1929) by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- I Have A Dream: The Story Of Martin Luther King by Margaret Davidson
- A Picture Book of Rosa Parks by David A. Adler
- Iran Awakening: A Memoir of Revolution and Hope by Shirin Ebadi
- Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference (Perennial Classics) by David Garrow
- Who Was Rosa Parks? by Yona Zeldis McDonough
- Who Was Martin Luther King, Jr.? by Bonnie Bader
- Young Martin Luther King, Jr. : "I have a dream" by Joanne Mattern
- Let's Read About-- Martin Luther King, Jr. (Scholastic First Biographies) by Courtney Baker
- Let the Trumpet Sound: A Life of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Stephen B. Oates
- I am Rosa Parks (Ordinary People Change the World) by Brad Meltzer
- I Have a Dream (Book & CD) by Martin Luther King Jr.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day (On My Own Holidays) by Linda Lowery
- Let's Read About-- Rosa Parks (Scholastic First Biographies) by Courtney Baker
- Martin Luther King, Jr. (My First Biography) by Marion Dane Bauer
- Fear No Evil by Natan Sharansky
- Martin Luther King, Jr. and the March on Washington by Frances E. Ruffin
- Let It Shine: Stories of Black Women Freedom Fighters by Andrea Davis Pinkney
- Free at Last: The Story of Martin Luther King, Jr. by Angela Bull
- March On!: The Day My Brother Martin Changed The World by Christine King Farris
- Rosa Parks by Douglas Brinkley
- My life with Martin Luther King, Jr. by Coretta Scott King
- A Call to Conscience: The Landmark Speeches of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr [CD] by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Coretta Scott by Ntozake Shange
- Lost prophet : the life and times of Bayard Rustin by John D’Emilio
- Rosa Parks: Freedom Rider by Keith Brandt and Joanne MAttern
- Martin Luther King, Jr. (DK Biography) by Amy Pastan
- Brother to a Dragonfly by Will D. Campbell
- A Lesson for Martin Luther King Jr. by Denise Lewis Patrick
- Take a Stand, Rosa Parks by Peter Roop
- Martin Luther King, Jr. (Heroes of America) by Herb Boyd
- My Dream of Martin Luther King (Dragonfly Books) by Faith Ringgold
- Martin Luther King, Jr. by Marshall Frady
- I May Not Get There with You : The True Martin Luther King, Jr. by Michael Eric Dyson
- As Good as Anybody by Richard Michelson
- Freedom Riders: John Lewis and Jim Zwerg on the Front Lines of the Civil Rights Movement by Ann Bausum
- Ella Baker and the Black Freedom Movement: A Radical Democratic Vision (Gender and American Culture) by Barbara Ransby
- The Rebellious Life of Mrs. Rosa Parks by Jeanne Theoharis
- Celebrating Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Dreaming of Change (Learn to Read Read to Learn Holiday Series) by Joel Kupperstein
- Ida: A Sword Among Lions by Paula J. Giddings
- Great Black Heroes: Five Bold Freedom Fighters by Wade Hudson
- National Geographic Readers: Martin Luther King, Jr. (Readers Bios) by Kitson Jazynka
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.