Melvil Decimal System: 330.9728
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🐂 > 🐂 > ⌛ > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Capital; Labor; Wages
Of Land & Natural Resources
Socialism; Communism; Fascism; Anarchism
Public Finance & Taxation
Protection and Free Trade
Macroeconomics, Wealth Inequality, etc.
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Education And Research
Economic geography and history
Standard subdivisions and By Period
Other Geographic Classifications
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 330.9728
- Dollars & Dictators: A Guide to Central America by Tom Barry
- Spanish Central America: A Socioeconomic History, 1520-1720 (Llilas Special Publications) by Murdo J. MacLeod
- The Sandinista Revolution: National Liberation and Social Transformation in Central America by Carlos M. Vilas
- Belize by International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- Penny capitalism a Guatemalan Indian economy (Institute of Social Anthropology Publication , 16) by Sol Tax
- Nicaragua: The threat of a good example? by Dianna Melrose
- Kuna Crafts, Gender, and the Global Economy by Karin E. Tice
- History and Society in Central America (Translations from Latin America Series) by Edelberto Torres-Rivas
- Good Jobs and Social Services: How Costa Rica achieved the elusive double incorporation (Developmental Pathways to Poverty Reduction) by Diego Sánchez-Ancochea
- El Norte or Bust!: How Migration Fever and Microcredit Produced a Financial Crash in a Latin American Town by David Stoll
- Guatemala : 2014 article IV consultation - staff report, press release, and statement by the executive director for Guatemala by International Monetary Fund
- The economies of Central America by John Weeks
- Natives, Europeans, and Africans in Sixteenth-Century Santiago de Guatemala by Robinson A. Herrera
- Guatemala : 2016 Article IV consultation; press release; staff report; informational annex
- Enclosed: Conservation, Cattle, and Commerce among the Q'eqchi' Maya Lowlanders (Culture, Place, and Nature: Studies in Anthropology and Environment) by Liza Grandia
- Guatemala : 2014 Article IV Consultation-Staff Report; Press Release; and Statement by the Executive Director for Guatemala by International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- Costa Rica : report on observance of standards and codes, fiscal transparency module by International Monetary Fund
- Weak Foundations: The Economy of El Salvador in the Nineteenth Century 1821-1898 by Hector Lindo-Fuentes
- Costa Rica : 2007 Article IV consultation- staff report; staff supplement; public information notice on the Executive Board discussion; and statement by the Executive Director for Costa Rica by International Monetary Fund
- El poder popular en El Salvador by Jose Ventura
- Guatemala : Selected Issues and Analytical Notes by International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- Multi-dimensional review of Panama. Volume 1, Initial assessment
- Village Assignment: True Stories of Humor, Adventure, and Drama in Guatemala's Highland Villages by Dave Huebsch
- Panama : 2015 Article IV consultation-press release; staff report; and statement by the executive director for Panama by International Monetary Fund
- The Rich Have Already Eaten: Roots of Catastrophe in Central America by Solon Lovett Barraclough
- Guatemala : ex post evaluation of exceptional access under the 2009 stand-by arrangement by International Monetary Fund
- The Fall and Rise of the Market in Sandinista Nicaragua by Phil Ryan
- Aspectos del desarrollo económico y social de Guatemala, a la luz de fuentes históricas alemanas, 1868-1885 by Julio Cambranes
- inside the volcano: the history and political economy of central america by Frederick Stirton Weaver
- Nicaragua : sixth review under the extended credit facility and financing assurances review : staff report, press release on the Executive Board discussion by International Monetary Fund
- Nicaragua : seventh review under the extended credit facility and financing assurances review : staff report, press release on the Executive Board discussion, and statement by the Executive Director for Nicaragua by International Monetary Fund
- Central America, Panama, and the Dominican Republic: Challenges Following the 2008-09 Global Crisis by Marco Piñon
- Belize : 2010 Article IV consultation : staff report, informational annex, staff statement, public information notice on the Executive Board discussion, and statement by the Executive Director for Belize by International Monetary Fund
- Policy instruments to lean against the wind in Latin America by Gilbert Terrier
- Belize : 2008 Article IV consultation- staff report; and public information notice on the Executive Board discussion by the Executive Director for Belize by International Monetary Fund
- Belize : 2003 Article IV consultation : staff report, staff statement, public information notice on the Executive Board discussion, and statement by the Executive Director for Belize by International Monetary Fund
- Belize : 2006 Article IV consultation : staff report, public information notice on the Executive Board discussion, and statement by the Executive Director for Belize by International Monetary Fund
- Costa Rica five years after CAFTA-DR : assessing early results by Friederike Norma Koehler
- The Panama Canal area in transition by John P. Augelli
- El Salvador : 2006 Article IV consultation : staff report, public information notice on the Executive Board discussion, and statement by the Executive Director for El Salvador by International Monetary Fund
- Panama politics and economics by Ricardo Colson
- Guatemala : el financiamiento del desarrollo humano. by Sistema de Naciones Unidas en Guatemala
- Panama : report on the observance of standards and codes : data module, response by the authorities, and detailed assessments using the data quality assessment framework by International Monetary Fund
- Defi au developpement regional: Territorialite et changement social au Nicaragua sandiniste (French Edition) by Juan-Luis Klein
- Panama : selected issues
- Guatemala : statistical appendix
- Perfiles de la Revolución Sandinista by Carlos María Vilas
- Belize : 2014 article IV consultation - staff report, press release by International Monetary Fund
- Imperialismo y dictadura by Jaime Wheelock
- Sarchí: Artesanía y capital social by Juan Pablo Pérez Sáinz
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.