Melvil Decimal System: 336.2209
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🐂 > 💇 > 💇 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Capital; Labor; Wages
Of Land & Natural Resources
Socialism; Communism; Fascism; Anarchism
Public Finance & Taxation
Macroeconomics, Wealth Inequality, etc.
State domain and properties
Loans; Public securities
Oceania and Polar regions
Customs: specific or ad valorem
Excise, licenses, special taxes
Assessment and collection of taxes; Exemptions
Works under MDS 336.2209
- The Real Estate Investor's Tax Guide: What Every Investorneeds to Know to Maximize Profits by Vernon Hoven
- Property Tax Planning by Philip Spencer
- Rating Valuation: Principles and Practice by bondpatrickh
- The English land tax in the eighteenth century, (Oxford historical series. British series) by W. R. Ward
- Re-solving the Economic Puzzle by Walter Rybeck
- After the Tax Revolt: California's Proposition 13 Turns 30 by Jack Citrin
- Property & Taxation: A Practical Guide to Saving Tax on Your Property Investments by Jimmy B. Prince
- How to reduce your property taxes by Frank J. Adler
- Taxation pocket guide for Australian property investors by Jimmy B. Prince
- Land tax in Australia : fiscal reform of sub-national government by Vincent Mangioni
- Aslak Bolts jordebok by Aslak Bolt
- Making the Property Tax Work: Experiences in Developing and Transitional Countries by Roy Bahl
- The Property Tax and Local Autonomy by Michael E. Bell
- Homeowners and taxes : analyses of tax benefits and energy tax credits by Richard I. Hart
- Council Tax Handbook by Alan Murdie
- Land and Property: English Land Tax, 1692-1832 by Michael Edward Turner
- Routledge Revivals : The Tithe Problem and English Agriculture 1750-1850 by Eric J. Evans
- Taxation Pocket Guide for Austrailian Property Investors by Jimmy S. Prince
- The Real Estate Investor's Tax Guide : What Every Investor Needs by Vernon Hoven
- 1858 valuation rolls for Central and Eastern Tasmania : including the districts of Bothwell, Brighton, Campbell Town, Fingal, Glamorgan, Hamilton, New Norfolk, Oatlands, Richmond and Spring Bay by Trudy Cowley
- Financing transit-oriented development with land values : adapting development-based land value capture in developing countries by Hiroaki Suzuki
- 1858 valuation rolls for northern Tasmania : including Launceston Town and the districts of Deloraine, Devon, George Town, Horton, Launceston, Longford, Morven, Port Sorell and Westbury by Trudy Cowley
- Ground rent, the true source of public revenue : how to secure it for this purpose by means of the single tax by Edward Withy
- From accountability to control? : the new Council Tax in practice by Arthur F. Midwinter
- Rent as revenue : the enemy of interest by Les Hemingway
- Griffith's valuation (1859) : Magherafelt Union by Sir Richard John Griffith
- Why? Read ... and See! by E. Herbert Shaw
- Land-value rating; theory and practice by baron Francis Campbell Ross Douglas Douglas of Barloch
- A Tale of Two Taxes: Property Tax Reform in Ontario by Richard M. Bird
- Sales tax versus land tax : Australian Labor Party proposal by E. J. Craigie
- Tax Increment Financing and Economic Development: Uses, Structures, and Impact (Suny Series in Public Administration) by Craig L. Johnson
- GST insights : property sales & rentals
- The land tax register and valuation for Victoria 1888
- Land Value Taxation: Can It and Will It Work Today? by Dick Netzer
- 1858 valuation rolls for Southern Tasmania : including the districts of Franklin and Hobart by Trudy Cowley
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.