Melvil Decimal System: 342.79
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
Constitutional law--United States
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 342.79
- Breaking Chains: Slavery on Trial in the Oregon Territory by R. Gregory Nokes
- Alaska Natives and American Laws: Third Edition by David S. Case
- The Washington state constitution : a reference guide / Robert F. Utter and Hugh D. Spitzer. by Robert F. Utter
- Ambiguous Justice: Native Americans And the Law in Southern California, 1848-1890 by Vanessa Ann Gunther
- Understanding the Arizona Constitution by Toni McClory
- ADR principles and practice by Henry Brown
- The Arizona State Constitution (Oxford Commentaries on the State Constitutions of the United) by John D. Leshy
- The California State Constitution (Oxford Commentaries on the State Constitutions of the United States) by Joseph R. Grodin
- State and local government in Utah: a description of the structure, operations, functions, and finances of state and local government in Utah--their departments, commissions, and agencies by Utah Foundation
- Charter for Statehood: The Story of Utah's State Constitution (Utah Centennial Series) by Jean Bickmore White
- The Nevada constitution: origin and growth (Nevada studies in history and political science) by Eleanore Bushnell
- The Nevada State Constitution (Oxford Commentaries on the State Constitutions of the United States) by Michael W. Bowers
- Utah State Constitution: A Reference Guide (Reference Guides to the State Constitutions of the United States) by Jean Bickmore White
- Idaho's Constitution: The Tie That Binds by Dennis C. Colson
- California government and politics by Winston Winford Crouch
- Latino politics and Arizona's Immigration Law SB 1070 by Lisa Magaña
- The Idaho State Constitution: A Reference Guide (Reference Guides to the State Constitutions of the United States) by Donald Crowley
- Constitution of the State of California, annotated : adopted May 7, 1879, with amendments up to and including those adopted at the general election, November 3, 1998 by California.,
- California Administrative Hearing Practice by Ruth Astle, et. al
- The California Municipal Law Handbook 2012 Edition by League of California Cities
- Alaska's Constitution: A Citizen's Guide (Iser Report Series, No 55) by Gordon S. Harrison
- The Alaska State Constitution (Oxford Commentaries on the State Constitutions of the United States) by Gerald A. McBeath
- The Constitution of the United States of America and the Constitution of the State of California, 1879, as Last Amended November 4, 1986 and Related Documents 1987-88 by Unknown
- Mackie, Miles & Marsh: Commercial Dispute Resolution - an ADR Practice Guide by Karl Mackie
- Washington administrative law practice manual by Richard A. Finnigan
- California administrative hearing practice by Victor L. Chuan
- The Arizona Constitution : completely annotated with study guide and practice questions by Arizona.,
- California elections code by California.,
- California Fair Political Practices Commission, 1975-1976 by California.,
- Constitution of the State of California by California.,
- Abraham Lincoln & the passage of the thirteenth amendment, 1865 : manuscripts from the Gilder Lehrman Collection
- West's California Code Forms, With Practice Commentaries
- Administrative law in Oregon by Janice Krem
- West's California code forms, with practice commentaries Government by Jay E. Grenig
- State constitution and school laws of Idaho, considered with reference to the student,: The teacher, the school official, and any others interested in ... and educationl instiutions of the state by H[enry] L[eonidas] Talkington
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.