Melvil Decimal System: 344.73012
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > 📆 > ? > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Works under MDS 344.73012
- Getting Fired: What to Do If You're Fired, Downsized, Laid Off, Restructured, Discharged, Terminated, or Forced to Resig by Steven Mitchell Sack
- Rights at Work: Pay Equity Reform and the Politics of Legal Mobilization (Chicago Series in Law and Society) by Michael W. McCann
- The Rights of Employees and Union Members, Second Edition: The Basic ACLU Guide to the Rights of Employees and Union Members by Wayne N. Outten
- Conflict And Compromise: How Congress Makes The Law by Ronald D. Elving
- Rightful Termination: Avoiding Litigation by Richard Stiller
- Employee Benefit Plans in a Nutshell (In a Nutshell (West Publishing)) by Jay Conison
- Tools & Techniques of Employee Benefit And Retirement Planning: Tools & Techniques Of Employee (Tools and Techni by Stephan R. Leimberg
- The Minimum Wage (Issues on Trial) by Uma Kukathas
- Supervisor's Guide to Documenting Employee Discipline by Lee T. Paterson
- Just Cause: The Seven Tests by Adolph M. Koven
- Whistleblower Law: A Guide to Legal Protections for Corporate Employees by Stephen M. Kohn
- Blue Laws: The History, Economics, and Politics of Sunday Closing Laws by David N. Laband
- The FMLA: Understanding The Family And Medical Leave Act by Will Aitchison
- Essential Guide to Family & Medical Leave by Lisa Guerin
- ERISA survey of federal circuits by Brooks R. Magratten
- Whistleblower protections : select provisions and assessments by Daryl R. Arcelloni
- Survey of law firm policies on alternative pricing of legal services by Primary Research Group.
- Workplace privacy : employee testing, surveillance, wrongful discharge, and other areas of vulnerability by Ira Michael Shepard
- The little book of holiday law by Ursula Furi-Perry
- The Equal Pay Act, Fifty Years on (Social Justice, Equality and Empowerment) by Suzanna Cross
- Employment at Will and Employer Liability (An AMA research study) by Daniel Murnane Mackey
- Discipline: Policies and Procedures by James R. Redeker
- 401(k) plans : regulation and oversight issues by Jonah G. Belser
- ERISA: Principles of Employee Benefit Law by Peter Wiedenbeck
- Prairie State: The Civil Rights of Administrators (Effective School Administration, No 5) by Richard W. Hostrop
- Pension advance companies : questionable business practices by Cassidy L. Waller
- Employee Benefit Plans in a Nutshell, 3d by Jay Conison
- Hire Right/Fire Right: Manager's Guide to Employment Practices That Avoid Lawsuits by Cliff Roberson
- Prepaid Legal Services and Legal Insurance : What CEOs, Human Resource Directors, Employee Benefit Brokers, Small Busine by Bob Afamasaga
- Tools and Techniques of Employee Benefits, Seventh Edition by Stephan R. Leimberg
- Job rights & survival strategies : a handbook for terminated employees by Paul H. Tobias
- Employee Benefits Claims: Law and Practice (Employment Law Library) by Henry H. Perritt
- Concepts and Procedures in Whistleblower Law by Stephen Kohn
- Employee Privacy Rights & Wrongs (Hr Executive Special Reports) by Philip D. Dickinson
- Cases and Materials on Employee Benefits (American Casebook Series) by Peter J. Wiedenbeck
- Whistleblowing: The Law of Retaliatory Discharge, 2nd Edition, 2011 Cumulative Supplement by Daniel P. Westman
- Handbuch des Katastrophenrechts : Bevölkerungsschutzrecht, Brandschutzrecht, Katastrophenschutzrecht, Katastrophenvermeidungsrecht, Rettungsdienstrecht, Zivilschutzrecht by Michael Kloepfer
- Firing Without Fear: A Legal Guide for Conscientious Employers by Barbara Kate Repa
- The case against the Davis-Bacon act : 54 reasons for repeal by Armand J Thieblot
- A School Administrator's Guide to the Family and Medical Leave Act by Carl C. Bosland Esq.
- Employee Lifestyle and Off-Duty Conduct by Marvin Hill
- Essential Guide to Family & Medical Leave, The by Lisa Guerin
- JUST CAUSE: THE SEVEN TESTS, 3RD EDITION by KENNETH MAY AND DONALD F. FA SUSAN L. SMITH KOVEN
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.