Melvil Decimal System: 345.7302
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > ⛓ > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Codes; Revised statutes
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 345.7302
- Summer for the Gods: The Scopes Trial and America's Continuing Debate over Science and Religion by Edward J. Larson
- Arc of Justice: A Saga of Race, Civil Rights, and Murder in the Jazz Age by Kevin Boyle
- Justice: Crimes, Trials, and Punishments by Dominick Dunne
- The Run of His Life: The People v. O.J. Simpson by Jeffrey Toobin
- In Contempt by Christopher A. Darden
- Celia, a Slave by Melton Alonza McLaurin
- Without a Doubt by Marcia Clark
- The Buffalo Creek Disaster: How the survivors of one of the worst disasters in coal-mining history brought suit against the coal company--and won by Gerald M. Stern
- Till Death Us Do Part by Vincent Bugliosi
- Make No Law: The Sullivan Case and the First Amendment by Anthony Lewis
- Sacco and Vanzetti: The Men, the Murders, and the Judgment of Mankind by Bruce Watson
- To Set the Record Straight: The Break-In, the Tapes, the Conspirators, the Pardon by John J. Sirica
- The Trials of Lenny Bruce: The Fall and Rise of An American Icon by Ronald K. L. Collins
- ...and the Horse He Rode In On: The People v. Kenneth Starr by James Carville
- Contempt of Court: The Turn-of-the-Century Lynching That Launched a Hundred Years of Federalism by Mark Curriden
- American Tragedy: The Uncensored Story of the Simpson Defense by Lawrence Schiller
- The Rosenberg File by Ronald Radosh
- Reversal of Fortune: Inside the Von Bulow Case by Alan M. Dershowitz
- The Best Defense by Alan M. Dershowitz
- Reasonable Doubts: The O. J. Simpson Case and the Criminal Justice System by Alan M. Dershowitz
- The Brother: The Untold Story of the Rosenberg Case by Sam Roberts
- The devil in Dover : an insider's story of dogma v. Darwin in small-town America by Lauri Lebo
- Daddy's Girl: The Campbell Murder Case by Clifford Irving
- Carthage Conspiracy: The Trial of the Accused Assassins of Joseph Smith by Dallin H. Oaks
- Absolute Power: The Legacy of Corruption in the Clinton-Reno Justice Department by David Limbaugh
- Six days or forever? : Tennessee v. John Thomas Scopes by Ray Ginger
- A Religious Orgy in Tennessee: A Reporter's Account of the Scopes Monkey Trial by H. L. Mencken
- Real Rape by Susan Estrich
- Lazarus and the Hurricane: The Freeing of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter by Sam Chaiton
- Triumph of Justice : Closing the Book On the Simpson Saga by Daniel Petrocelli
- The End of Obscenity: The Trials of Lady Chatterley, Tropic of Cancer and Fanny Hill by Charles Rembar
- Teen Cyberbullying Investigated: Where Do Your Rights End and Consequences Begin? by Thomas A. Jacobs J.D.
- Dishonorable Passions: Sodomy Laws in America, 1861-2003 by William N. Eskridge
- The Crime of Sheila McGough by Janet Malcolm
- Evidence Dismissed by Tom Lange
- Moonlight: Abraham Lincoln and the Almanac Trial by John Evangelist Walsh
- A Mother's Trial by Nancy Wright
- Birth of a Nation'hood: Gaze, Script, and Spectacle in the O. J. Simpson Case by Toni Morrison
- Edward Gein by Judge Robert H. Gollmar
- The Scopes Trial by Renee Graves
- O.J. the Last Word by Gerry Spence
- The Wrong Man: The Final Verdict on the Dr. Sam Sheppard Murder Case by James Neff
- Sex and the Constitution: Sex, Religion, and Law from America's Origins to the Twenty-First Century by Geoffrey R. Stone
- The Devil on Trial: Witches, Anarchists, Atheists, Communists, and Terrorists in America's Courtrooms (Junior Library Guild Selection) by Philip Margulies
- Jerry Falwell v. Larry Flynt : The First Amendment on Trial by Rodney A. Smolla
- Adams v. Texas by Randall Dale Adams
- Beat Your Ticket: Go to Court & Win (5th edition) by David Brown Attorney
- No Deadly Drug by John D. MacDonald
- The Search for Justice: A Defense Attorney's Brief on the O.J. Simpson Case by Robert L. Shapiro
- The Day the Presses Stopped: A History of the Pentagon Papers Case by David Rudenstine
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.