Melvil Decimal System: 346.711
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > 🤫 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Codes; Revised statutes
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Newfoundland and Labrador
Works under MDS 346.711
- Colonialism on trial: Indigenous land rights and the Gitksan and Wet'suwet'en sovereignty case by Don Monet
- The Pleasure of the Crown: Anthropology, Law and First Nations by Dara Culhane
- Delgamuukw : the Supreme Court of Canada decision on aboriginal title by Stan Persky
- Eagle Down Is Our Law: Witsuwit'En Law, Feasts, and Land Claims by Antonia Mills
- The world is our witness : the historic journey of the Nisga'a into Canada by Tom Molloy
- Aboriginal Fishing Rights: Laws, Courts, Politics by Parnesh Sharma
- After Native Claims: The Implications of Comprehensive Claims Settlement for Natural Resources in British Columbia by Frank Cassidy
- Landing Native Fisheries: Indian Reserves and Fishing Rights in British Columbia, 1849-1925 (Law and Society) by Douglas C. Harris
- For Future Generations: Reconciling Gitxsan and Canadian Law by Dawn P. Mills
- The spirit in the land: Statements of the Gitksan and Wet'suwet'en hereditary chiefs in the Supreme Court of British Col by Gisday Wa
- Wills for British Columbia : how to make your own will by Steven G. Wong
- Without Surrender, Without Consent: A History of the Nishga Land Claims by Daniel Raunet
- The Nisga'a treaty : polling dynamics and political communication in comparative context by J. Rick Ponting
- The Georgia Straight: What the Hell Happened by Naomi Pauls
- Aboriginal Title in British Columbia : Delgamuukw v. The Queen - Proceedings of a conference held September 10 & 11, 1991 by Frank Cassidy
- 'Hang on to these words' : Johnny David's Delgamuukw evidence by Antonia Curtze Mills
- Report on deeds and seals by Law Reform Commission of Canada.
- Spirit dance at Meziadin : Chief Joseph Gosnell and the Nisga'a treaty by Alex Rose
- Incorporation and Business Guide for British Columbia by Janice I. Mucalov
- Postcolonial Sovereignty?: The Nisga'a Final Agreement by Tracie Lea Scott
- Colonialism on Trial: Indigenous Land Rights and the Gitksan and Wet'Suwet'En Sovereignty Case by Don Monet
- Insurance law, 1998 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Sex, lies & videotape--insurance law update '98, held in Vancouver, B.C. on March 6, 1998 by Michael D. Adlem
- British Columbia Probate Kit by Mary-Jane Wilson
- British Columbia Personal Property Security Act handbook, 4th ed. by Ronald C. C. Cuming
- Annotated British Columbia Occupiers Liability Act by Eric Wagner
- Defending personal injury, 2009 update : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Defending personal injury 2009, held in Vancouver, BC, on October 15, 2009 by Robert C. Brun
- Personal injury conference, 2005 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Personal injury conference 2005, held in Vancouver, B.C. on May 27, 2005 by Catherine A. Ryan
- Defending personal injury : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Defending personal injury 2006, held in Vancouver, B.C. on March 10, 2006 by Lance Finch
- Personal injury and commercial host liability : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Personal injury and commercial host liabilty, held in Vancouver, B.C. on October 14, 2005 by E. James McNeney
- Personal injury conference, 2006 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education conference, Personal Injury Conference 2006, held in Vancouver, B.C. on June 2, 2006 by Jan L. Lindsay
- Incorporation & business guide for British Columbia: How to form your own corporation (Self-counsel series) by J. D. James
- Probate guide for British Columbia by Constance Mungall
- British Columbia Business Corporations Act and commentary by mcleodandrewj
- The Carriers of No: After the Land Claims Trial (Discussions on Law) by Leslie Hall Pinder
- British Columbia motor vehicle accident claims practice manual by Michael W. Biggs
- British Columbia strata property practice manual by Allyson L. Baker
- Annotated British Columbia Society Act by Mike Mangan
- McCarthy Tétrault's annotated British Columbia Strata Property Act by Scott D. Smythe
- The annotated British Columbia Business Corporations Act, 3rd ed. by British Columbia.,
- Creditors' remedies, 1996 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Creditors' remedies '96, held in Vancouver, B.C. on October 24, 1996 by D. Ross McGowan
- Partnerships and unlimited liability companies : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Working with partnerships and unlimited liabilty companies 2006, held in Vancouver, B.C. on October 19, 2006 by Martin Donner
- British Columbia builders liens practice manual by Jonathan Vogt
- Personal injury conference, 2012 : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education conference, Personal injury conference 2012, held in Vancouver, B.C., on June 12, 2012 by Ian Aikenhead
- Reaching Just Settlements: Land Claims in British Columbia Proceedings of a Conference Held February 21-22, 1990 by Frank Cassidy
- Strata Property Act: a practical guide to bylaws, 7th edition by Cora D. Wilson
- Estate litigation basics for lawyers : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Estate litigation basics for lawyers, held in Vancouver, BC, on November 7, 2008 by Shelagh Scarth
- Securities litigation, 2005 update : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education seminar, Securities litigation 2005, held in Vancouver, B.C. on April 8, 2005 by Continuing Legal Education Society of British Colu
- Buying and selling a business : annotated precedents by Sholto Hebenton
- Shareholders' remedies : materials prepared for the Continuing Legal Education conference, Shareholders' remedies 2006, held in Vancouver, B.C. on November 24, 2006 by Scott A. Turner
- Report on the Builders Lien Act and the pipeline problem
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.