Melvil Decimal System: 347.732609
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > 🏛 > ? > ? > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Persons; Legal capacity
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
The Supreme Court
Works under MDS 347.732609
- A People's History of the Supreme Court by Peter Irons
- A History of the Supreme Court by Bernard Schwartz
- Supreme Power: Franklin Roosevelt vs. the Supreme Court by Jeff Shesol
- Lincoln and the Court by Brian McGinty
- FDR v. The Constitution: The Court-Packing Fight and the Triumph of Democracy by Burt Solomon
- The Documentary History of the Supreme Court of the United States, 1789-1800 by Maeva Marcus
- Courting Disaster: The Supreme Court and the Unmaking of American Law by Martin Garbus
- I Dissent: Great Opposing Opinions in Landmark Supreme Court Cases by Mark Tushnet
- The United States Supreme Court: The Pursuit of Justice by Christopher Tomlins
- Inside the Warren Court, 1953-69 by Bernard Schwartz
- The Warren Court in Historical and Political Perspective by Mark Tushnet
- The U.S. Supreme Court (Cornerstones of Freedom Second Series) by Dan Elish
- The Supreme Court and Its Justices (The Best of the ABA journal) by Jesse H. Choper
- The Marshall Court and Cultural Change, 1815-1835 by G. Edward White
- The history of the Supreme Court of the United States, vol. 1. Antecedents and beginnings to 1801 by Julius Goebel
- The U. S. Supreme Court (Magill's Choice) by Thomas Tandy Lewis
- The Supreme Court And American Political Development by Ronald Kahn
- Foundations of Power: John Marshall, 1801-1815 (The Oliver Wendell Holmes Devise History of the Supreme Court of the United States, Vol 2) by George Lee Haskins
- Morality Imposed: The Rehnquist Court and the State of Liberty in America by Stephen E. Gottlieb
- The Law of the Land: A History of the Supreme Court (The Modern Scholar: Great Professors Teaching You) by MSL Professor Kermit PHD Hall
- The Limits of Judicial Power: The Supreme Court in American Politics by William Lasser
- The Supreme Court in the Early Republic: The Chief Justiceships of John Jay and Oliver Ellsworth (Chief Justices of the United States Supreme Court) by William R. Casto
- Franklin Roosevelt and the Great Constitutional War: The Court-Packing Crisis of 1937 by marian mckenna
- The Supreme Court under Earl Warren, 1953-1969 (Chief Justiceships of the Supreme Court) by Michal R. Belknap
- The Taney Court: Justices, Rulings, and Legacy (ABC-CLIO Supreme Court Handbooks) by Timothy S. Huebner
- Facts About the Supreme Court of the United States (Wilson Facts) by Lisa Paddock
- The Supreme Court by Catherine Reef
- A Year at the Supreme Court (Constitutional Conflicts) by Jr. Stuart Taylor
- The Supreme Court under Edward Douglass White, 1910-1921 (Chief Justiceships of the United States Supreme Court) by Walter F. Pratt Jr.
- The History of the Supreme Court of the United States, Vol. 12: The Birth of the Modern Constitution: The United States Supreme Court, 1941-1953 (Oliver ... Supreme Court of the United States) (v. 12) by William M. Wiecek
- The Changing Supreme Court (Democracy in Action) by Edmund Lindop
- The Burger Court: Justices, Rulings, and Legacy (ABC-Clio Supreme Court Handbooks) by Tinsley E. Yarbrough
- The Fuller Court: Justices, Rulings, and Legacy (ABC-CLIO Supreme Court Handbooks) by James W. Ely Jr.
- The History of the Supreme Court of the United States: Volume 9, The Judiciary and Responsible Government, 1910-1921 (Oliver Wendell Holmes Devise History of the Supreme Court of the United States) by Alexander M. Bickel
- The Chase Court: Justices, Rulings, and Legacy (ABC-CLIO Supreme Court Handbooks) by Jonathan Lurie
- The Supreme Court (Government Books) by Anne Weiss
- Basic History of the United States Supreme Court by Bernard Schwartz
- U.S. Supreme Court (Magill's Choice) by Thomas Tandy Lewis
- Mr. Justice Thompson and the Constitution (American Legal and Constitutional History) by Donald Malcolm Roper
- Leaders of the Pack: Polls and Case Studies of Great Supreme Court Justices (Teaching Texts in Law and Politics, V. 35) by William D. Pederson
- The Waite Court: Justices, Rulings, and Legacy (ABC-CLIO Supreme Court Handbooks) by Donald Grier Stephenson Jr.
- Supreme Court in American Life: Taney Court, 1836-1864 (The Supreme Court in American life) by Martin Seigel
- Of Time and Judicial Behavior: United States Supreme Court Agenda Setting and Decision-Making, 1888-1997 by Drew Noble Lanier
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.