Melvil Decimal System: 347.739
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > 🏛 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Persons; Legal capacity
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 347.739
- Fight Back & Win by Editors of Readers Digest
- Dispute Resolution: Negotiation, Mediation, and Other Processes by Stephen B. Goldberg
- Getting to Resolution: Turning Conflict Into Collaboration by Stewart Levine
- Alternative Dispute Resolution in a Nutshell by Jacqueline M. Nolan-Haley
- Settling Disputes: Conflict Resolution In Business, Families, And The Legal System by Linda Singer
- Challenging Conflict: Mediation Through Understanding by Gary Friedman
- Mediate, Don't Litigate: Strategies for Successful Mediation by Peter Lovenheim
- The Keys to Conflict Resolution: Proven Methods of Resolving Disputes Voluntarily by Theodore W. Kheel
- Mediation: Principles and Practice by Kimberlee K. Kovach
- Bare-Knuckle Negotiation: Savvy Tips and True Stories from the Master of Give-and-Take by Raoul Felder
- Cyberjustice: Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) for E-Commerce by Lucille M. Ponte
- Effective Legal Negotiation And Settlement by Charles B. Craver
- Basic Skills for the New Mediator, Second Edition by Allan H. Goodman
- The Handbook of Dispute Resolution by Michael L. Moffitt
- Settle it Out of Court: How to Resolve Business and Personal Disputes Using Mediation, Arbitration, and Negotiation by Thomas E. Crowley
- Mediation in a Nutshell (Nutshell Series) by Kimberlee K. Kovach
- A History of Alternative Dispute Resolution: The Story of a Political, Social, and Cultural Movement by Jerome T. Barrett
- Arbitration Law in America: A Critical Assessment by Edward Brunet
- How to Mediate Your Dispute: Find a Solution You Can Live with Quickly and Cheaply Outside the Courtroom (Nolo Press Self-Help Law) by Peter Lovenheim
- Alternative Methods of Dispute Resolution (The West Legal Studies Series) by Martin A. Frey
- Dictionary of Conflict Resolution by Douglas H. Yarn
- Lawyer Negotiation: Theory, Practice and Law by Professor Jay Folberg
- Processes of Dispute Resolution: The Role of Lawyers (University Casebook Series) by John S. Murray
- Mediation Ethics: Cases and Commentaries by Ellen Waldman
- Alternatives to Litigation: Mediation, Arbitration, and the Art of Dispute Resolution by Abraham P. Ordover
- Basic Skills for the New Mediator by Allan H. Goodman
- Mediation Practice Guide: A Handbook for Resolving Business Disputes by Bennett G. Picker
- Basic Skills for the New Arbitrator, Second Edition by Allan H. Goodman
- Resolving Disputes: Theory, Practice and Law, Second Edition by Jay Folberg
- Stay Out of Court and in Business: Every Businessperson's Guide to Minimizing Legal Troubles (Build Your Business Guides) by Steven C. Brandt
- Dispute Resolution: Beyond The Adversarial Model (Casebook Series) by Carrie Menkel-Meadow
- The Manager's Guide to Resolving Legal Disputes: Better Results Without Litigation by James F. Henry
- The mediator's handbook : advanced practice guide for civil litigation by John W. Cooley
- Peacemaking: Practicing at the Intersection of Law and Human Conflict by Douglas Noll
- Conflict and Resolution, Second Edition by Barbara A. Nagle-Lechman
- Conflict and resolution by Barbara A. Nagle-Lechman
- Resolving Disputes: Theory, Practice, And Law (Casebook) by Dwight Golann
- Mediation: Practice, Policy, And Ethics by Carrie Menkel-Meadow
- An Evaluation of Mediation and Early Neutral Evaluation Under the Civil Justice Reform Act by J Kakalik
- The law of alternative dispute resolution by Margaret C. Jasper
- Making Mediation Work for You by Kate Aubrey-Johnson
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (Hornbook Series and Other Textbooks) by Stephen J. Ware
- Costs in Arbitration Proceedings (Dispute Resolution Guides) by Michael O'Reilly
- ADR in Business: Practice and Issues Across Countries and Cultures by Jean Claude Goldsmith
- American arbitration : its history, functions and achievements by Frances Kellor
- Arbitration: Essential Concepts by Steven C. Bennett Esq.
- Law and Practice of Arbitration, 4th Edition by Thomas E. Carbonneau
- Controlling Corporate Legal Costs: Negotiation and ADR Techniques for Executives by Kenneth J. Thygerson
- Dispute Resolution: Examples & Explanations by Michael L. Moffitt
- Collaborative Law: A New Model For Dispute Resolution by Sheila M. Gutterman
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.