Melvil Decimal System: 348.9
Dewmoji: 👫 > ⚖ > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Constitutional and administrative law
Commerce, Defense, Public Finance, And Public Property
Contemporary Legal Issues
Courts And Procedure
Cases, Laws, Regulations
Works under MDS 348.9
- Statutory interpretation in Australia by D. C. Pearce
- Outlines of Muhammadan law by Asaf A.A. Fyzee
- How to understand an act of Parliament by Kenneth H. Gifford
- Svenska landskapslagar. Ser. 5, Äldre västgötalagen, Yngre västgötalagen, Smålandslagens kyrkobalk och Bjärköarätten by Åke Holmbäck
- Alternativen zur Umweltmisere. Raubbau oder Partnerschaft by Reinhard Coenen
- Interpreting statutes by Suzanne Corcoran
- Delegated legislation in Australia by D. C. Pearce
- Fundamentos del derecho civil by Jaime Berdaguer
- The Commonwealth law reports : cases determined in the High Court of Australia
- Opinions of attorneys-general of the Commonwealth of Australia: With opinions of solicitors-general and the Attorney General's Department
- The Commonwealth law reports; cases determined in the High Court of Australia by B P MacFarlan
- Australian case citator 1987-1990 by Law Book Co
- Historia de las leyes Tomo XVII by Jairo Ayala Perez
- Le droit à un environnement humain : proposition pour un protocole additionnel à la Convention Européenne des Droits de l'Homme = The right to a humane environment = Das Recht auf eine menschenwürdige Umwelt by Heinhard Steiger
- Native Welfare by the Government of Western Australia
- Australian case citator 1991-1994 by Law Book Co
- The Countryside and the Law by Charles Fox
- Australian case citator, 2000-2002 by Law Book Co
- Umweltgefährdung und Gesellschaftssystem by Manfred Glagow
- A collection of the private acts of practical utility in force in New South Wales : embracing the local private legislation from the year 1832 to the year 1885 by New South Wales.
- Le droit à la nature; aménagement et protection by Jehan de Malafosse
- LexisNexis Guide Series: Legislation and Statutory Interpretation, 3rd Edition by K; Macken Hall, C
- Alphabetical and chronological tables of the New South Wales statutes (1824-1969)
- Van rangorde naar continuüm : een verhandeling over datastructuren in de psychologie by Thom G.G. Bezembinder
- Statutory Interpretation, 2nd Ed. by Dr Michelle Sanson
- New South Wales general standing orders : selected from the general orders issued by former governors, from the 16th of February, 1791 to the 6th of September, 1800 : also, General orders issued by Governor King from the 28th of September, 1800 to the 30th September, 1802 by New South Wales.
- Leyes de procedimiento de casación, sobre división de terrenos comuneros, de reforma de los arts. 446, 451, 462 y 591 del código de comercio, reformatoria del código de procedimiento criminal, sobre delitos políticos, sobre rectificación de los actos del estado civil, abrogatoria de los arts. 226 y 227 del código penal
- Statutory Interpretation by D Gifford
- The Kercher reports : decisions of the New South Wales superior courts, 1788 to 1827 by Bruce Kercher
- Framing the commons : cost-cutting issues in regulation by Susy Frankel
- Statutes by Alastair MacAdam
- Kercher Reports: Decisions of the New South Wales Superior Courts, 1788 to 1827 by Bruch Kercher
- New Zealand law style guide by Geoff McLay
- Extrinsic aids to statutory interpretation by Attorney-General's Department
- Legislation, legal rights and plain English
- The Statute: Making and Meaning by Rick Bigwood
- Best practice regulation handbook by Commonwealth of Australia
- Australian case citator by Merrill Pye
- Australian High Court landmarks: the 1980s
- An attempt to illustrate the Jewish law by Henry Atkins
- The Australian digest. a digest of the reported decisions of the Australian courts and of Australian appeals to the Privy Council. Supplement
- Australian case citator 1960-1972 by Law Book Co
- Islamic jurisprudence; Shāfiʻī's Risāla by Muhammad ibn Idris al-Shafi'I
- The Acts of the Parliament of the Commonwealth of Australia 1901-1950 by Australia.,
- Australian case citator, 1973-1980 by Law Book Co
- Código de Trabajo
- Delegated Legislation in Australia and New Zealand by D. C. Pearce
- Australian case citator, 1981-1986 by Law Book Co
- Historia de las leyes Tomo XVIII by Jairo Ayala Perez
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.