Melvil Decimal System: 351.028
Dewmoji: 👫 > 👃 > 💭 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Theory of Public Administration
General Practice of Public Administration
Specific fields of public administration
Administration of economy & environment [formerly Foreign States]
Air forces and other advanced weaponry
Navy; Naval Science
Organization of civil service
Tenure of office
Reform; Spoils system vs officeholding class
Subjects of administrative action
Promotion of public welfare
Control over the administration
Works under MDS 351.028
- Digital Democracy: Discourse and Decision Making in the Information Age by Barry N. Hague
- The Tools of Government in the Digital Age: Second Edition (Public Policy and Politics) by Christopher C. Hood
- Implementing and Managing eGovernment: An International Text by Richard Heeks
- Digitizing Government: Understanding and Implementing New Digital Business Models (Business in the Digital Economy) by Alan Brown
- E-Government 2003 (IBM Endowment Series on the Business of Government) by Mark A. Abramson
- Innovating Government Normative, Policy and Technological Dimensions of Modern Government by Simone van der Hof
- Electronic Government by Maria A. Wimmer
- Empowering Open and Collaborative Governance: Technologies and Methods for Online Citizen Engagement in Public Policy Making by Yannis Charalabidis
- Public Administration in an Information Age, A Handbook (Informatization Developments and the Public Sector, 6) by Ignace Th. M. Snellen
- Organizational interoperability in e-government lessons from 77 European good-practice cases by Herbert Kubicek
- Web 2.0 technologies and democratic governance political, policy and management implications by Christopher G. Reddick
- Information Systems for eGovernment: A Quality-of-Service Perspective by Gianluigi Viscusi
- Comparative E-Government by Christopher G. Reddick
- Case studies in e-Government 2.0 : changing citizen relationships by Imed Boughzala
- A critical impulse to e-governance in the Asia Pacific by Amitā Siṃha
- From machinery to mobility government and democracy in a participative Age by Jeffrey Roy
- Enacting electronic government success : an integrative study of government-wide websites, organizational capabilities, and institutions by J. Ramon Gil-Garcia
- E-Government in Asia : global and local perspectives by Barney Warf
- Electronic participation : Third IFIP WG 8.5 International Conference, ePart 2011, Delft, the Netherlands, August 29 - September 1, 2011 : proceedings by Efthimios Tambouris
- Electronic participation : first international conference ; proceedings, ePart 2009, Linz, Austria, September 1-3, 2009 by Ann Macintosh
- Towards citizen-centered local e-government the case of the city of Tampere by Ari-Veikko Anttiroiko
- Handbuch E-Government : Strategien, Lösungen und Wirtschaftlichkeit by Achim Zechner
- Advancing democracy, government and governance : Joint International Conference on Electronic Government and the Information Systems Perspective, and Electronic Democracy, EGOVIS/EDEM 2012, Vienna, Austria, September 3-6, 2012, Proceedings by Andrea K.
- Electronic participation : Second IFIP WG 8.5 International Conference, ePart 2010, Lausanne, Switzerland, August 29 - September 2, 2010 : proceedings by Efthimios Tambouris
- Information Technology and Computer Applications in Public Administration: Issues and Trends by G. David Garson
- Electronic Government and the Information Systems perspective : Second International Conference, EGOVIS 2011, Toulouse, France, August 29 - September 2 2011 : proceedings by Kim Normann Andersen
- E-Government and Websites: A Public Solutions Handbook (The Public Solutions Handbook Series) by Aroon Manoharan
- Die Neubestimmung der Privatheit : E-Volution des Rechts- und Verwaltungssystems IV by Hermann Hill
- E-Government 2001 (The Pricewaterhousecoopers Endowment Series on the Business of Government) by Mark A. Abramson
- An application within the plan for e-government the workfair portal by Mariagrazia Fugini
- Technology-enabled innovation for democracy, government and governance : Second Joint International Conference on Electronic Government and the Information Systems Perspective, and Electronic Democracy, EGOVIS/EDEM 2013, Prague, Czech Republic, August 26-28, 2013 : proceedings by Andrea K.
- Citizen e-participation in urban governance crowdsourcing and collaborative creativity by Carlos Nunes Silva
- Electronic government : 6th international conference, EGOV 2007, Regensburg, Germany, September 3-7, 2007 ; proceedings by Maria A. Wimmer
- E-Government Imperative by Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development
- Electronic participation : 5th IFIP WG 8.5 international conference, ePart 2013, Koblenz, Germany, September 17-19, 2013 : proceedings by Maria A. Wimmer
- Federal geospatial information : management and coordination by Andrew Halpern
- Electronic participation : 4th IFIP WG 8.5 International Conference, ePart 2012, Kristiansand, Norway, September 3-5, 2012. Proceedings by Efthimios Tambouris
- E-governance : a global perspective on a new paradigm by obitoshio
- الحكومة الإلكترونية و تطبقاتها في الدول العربية. by إسماعيل ، محمد. صادق
- E-democracy, security, privacy and trust in a digital world : 5th International Conference, E-Democracy 2013, Athens, Greece, December 5-6, 2013, Revised selected papers by Alexander B. Sideridis
- Documenti e dati pubblici sul web: guida all'informazione di fonte pubblica in rete by Fernando Venturini
- Semantic Technologies for E-Government by Tomas Vitvar
- Electronic government and the information systems perspective : third international conference, EGOVIS 2014, Munich, Germany, September 1-3, 2014. Proceedings by Andrea K.
- Authentication for e-government : best practice framework for authentication
- Digital Government : E-Government Research, Case Studies, and Implementation by Hsinchun Chen
- E-Governance, A Global Journey: Volume 4 Global E-Governance Series by Matthias Finger
- Growth and Success Through e-Governance: Best Practice from Cyprus and Malta by Devindra Ramnarine
- Electronic government and the information systems perspective : first international conference, EGOVIS 2010, Bilbao, Spain, August 31-September 2, 2010 : proceedings by Kim Normann Andersen
- Interacting with government : Australians' use and satisfaction with e-government services by Australian Government
- Rethinking e-government services : user-centred approaches by Julie Harris
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.