Melvil Decimal System: 378.7135
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🎓 > 🆙 > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Teachers, Methods, and Discipline
Primary education (Elementary education)
Secondary; Academic; Preparatory
Home education; Self Education and Culture
Education of Women
Religious, Ethical, and Secular
Public Schools; State Education
Organization and management; curriculums
Academic degrees and costume; College colors
Endowment of research; Fellowships; Scholarships; Student aid
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 378.7135
- A Not Unsightly Building : University College and Its History by Douglas Richardson
- Skule Story(the) U of T Fac App Science by Richard White
- Rochdale, the runaway college by David Sharpe
- University College : a portrait, 1853-1953 by Claude Thomas Bissell
- A Strange Elation: Hart House, the First Eighty Years by David Kilgour
- McMaster University: Volume 1, The Toronto Years by Charles Murray Johnston
- Thinking with Both Hands: Sir Daniel Wilson in the Old World and the New by Marinell Ash
- Arts and science at Toronto : a history, 1827-1990 by Robert Craig Brown
- Leading the modern university : York University's presidents on continuity and change, 1974-2014 by Lorna R. Marsden
- Rochdale: the runaway college by David Sharpe
- Forestry education at Toronto by J.W.B. Sisam
- U of T 175: celebrating 175 years of great minds: University of Toronto magazine sourvenir edition
- The Faculty of Library Science, University of Toronto and its predecessors, 1911-1972 by Bertha Bassam
- Torontonensis: the year book of the University of Toronto
- College of education Toronto: memories of OCE by Chester; Phillips New, Charles
- University of Toronto: a time to remember by John De Visser, photographer
- A history of Italian studies at the University of Toronto, 1840-1990 by Maddalena Kuitunen
- The College on the Hill: A History of the Ontario Agricultural College, 1874-1974 by Alexander M. Ross
- Laying the foundation: a century of history at University of Toronto by Robert Bothwell
- The university as publisher by Eleanor Harman, ed.
- Devonshire House: 90 years of residence life
- A Strange Elation: Hart House, the First Eighty Years by Hart House
- To keep the memory green: a history of Ewart College, 1897-1987 by Irene Dickson
- Inspiring education 1907-2007: celebrating 100 years of studies in education at the University of Toronto
- Scarborough College University of Toronto: the first twenty-five years by John L. Ball
- Leading the modern university: York University's presidents on continuity and change, 1974-2014
- The search for faculty power: the history of the University of Toronto Faculty Association, 1942-1992 by William H. Nelson
- 75 years in retrospect: University Women's Club of Toronto, 1903-1978
- McMaster University: the Toronto years, volume 1 by Charles M. Johnston
- A meeting of minds: the Massey College story by Judith Skelton Grant
- A brief history of the University Arts Women's Club, 1929-1974 by Helen P.B. Smith
- Dream tower: the life and legacy of Rochdale College by Henry Mietkiewicz
- SAC 101: one hundred and one years of serving students
- A history of the Department of Zoology up to 1962. With appendices covering the building and opening of the Ramsay Wright Zoological Laboratories September, 1965 by E. Horne Craigie
- Church, college and clergy: a history of theological education at Knox College, Toronto, 1844-1994 by Brian J Fraser
- The history of botany in the University of Toronto by Dorothy F. Forward
- Moments: St. Michael's College - 125 years, University of Toronto - 150 years: ;an exhibition of historic photographs
- A divine discontent: Edith Kathleen Russell, reforming educator by Helen M. Carpenter
- The mathematics department in the University of Toronto: 1827-1978 by Gilbert de B. Robinson
- The story of women's sports, University of Toronto: a century to remember: 1893-1993 by Helen Gurney
- Humber: a history by Michael Karapita
- English studies at Toronto: a history by Robin S. (editor) Harris
- The University of Toronto Monthly, volumes I, II, and III, 1900-1903
- The University of Toronto: a souvenir by Ian Montagnes
- Physics at the University of Toronto: 1843-1980 by Elizabeth J. Allin
- Thinking with both hands: Sir Daniel Wilson in the old world and the new by Marinell Ashe
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.