Melvil Decimal System: 378.93
Dewmoji: 👫 > 🎓 > 🆙 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Social Sciences, Sociology, Anthropology
Public Administration, Military Science
Social Problems, Social Services
Commerce, Communications, Transportation
Customs, Etiquette, Folklore
Teachers, Methods, and Discipline
Primary education (Elementary education)
Secondary; Academic; Preparatory
Home education; Self Education and Culture
Education of Women
Religious, Ethical, and Secular
Public Schools; State Education
Organization; Government; Location; Scope, field
Academic degrees and costume; College colors
Endowment of research; Fellowships; Scholarships; Student aid
South Atlantic Islands
Professional, technical and other special schools; Professional education
Works under MDS 378.93
- A history of the University of Auckland, 1883-1983 by Keith Sinclair
- The University Of Otago: A Centennial History (HARDBACK FIRST EDITION IN DUSTWRAPPER) by W. P. Morrell
- Values - Integrating Education by John Hinchcliff (Ed.)
- Victoria University of Wellington, 1899-1999 : a history by Rachel Barrowman
- Early career academics in New Zealand : challenges and prospects in comparative perspective by Kathryn Sutherland
- Diary of a hundred days by R. S Gormack
- The University of Auckland : academic audit report = Te Whare Wananga o Auckland by New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit.,
- A history of the University of Otago, 1869-1919 by Thompson GE
- Anchoring our practice : perspectives, partnerships, projections : proceedings of the 2006 Annual International Conference of the Association of Tertiary Learning Advisors Aotearoa/New Zealand (ATLAANZ), 21-23 November, Tauranga, New Zealand by N.Z.) Tauranga ATLAANZ.
- The University of Auckland : the first 125 years by Nicholas Reid
- University tour : a visitor's guide to the University of Otago by University of Otago
- Uni Bound? Students' Stories of Transition from School to University by Irena Madjar
- Ingenio : magazine of the University of Auckland by University of Auckland
- University of Otago magazine by University of Otago
- Ka awatea tuarua : an implementation of the new dawn by Ralph G. Lattimore
- Ka whāngaia ka kupu ka puāwai : kia kotāhi te takahi haere whakamua = That which is nutured, grows, then blossoms : moving forward together by Ellen Catherine Dickey
- The Future of New Zealand Universities by Johnathan Boston
- That place on the hill : a short history of the Waikato Polytechnic, 1968-1993 by John Tonkin-Covell
- Calendar 2008 by Victoria University of Wellington.
- Pathways in tertiary education, 1998-2002 by David Scott
- Massey University : academic audit report = Te Whare Wānanga o Massey by New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit.,
- Our education and training choices : post compulsory education and training in New Zealand by Lesley Haines
- Victorious : magazine of the Alumni Association by Victoria University of Wellington.
- A history of the University of Canterbury, 1873-1973 by W. J. Gardner
- University of Canterbury, Te Whare Wananga o Canterbury : academic audit report by New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit.,
- Towards a professional community of inquiry : a report to the MoE on the T4T4T pilot by Derek Wenmoth
- The University of Canterbury : academic audit report = Te Whare Wānanga o Canterbury by New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit.,
- Lincoln University : academic audit report = Te Whare Wananga o Aoraki by New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit.,
- Michael Fowler's University of Auckland by Michael Fowler
- The University of Lincoln : academic audit report = Te Whare Wānanga o Aorangi by New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit.,
- The University of Otago : academic audit report = Te Whare Wānanga o Otago by New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit.,
- University of Otago, Te Whare Wananga o Otago : academic audit report by New Zealand Universities Academic Audit Unit.,
- The University of New Zealand by Hugh Parton
- Auckland University of Technology : academic audit report, cycle 3 = Te Wānanga Aronui o Tamaki Makau Rau
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.