Melvil Decimal System: 519.76
Dewmoji: 🔬 > ➗ > 📊 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Earth sciences & geology
Fossils & prehistoric life
Applied Mathematics, Probabilities
Applied numerical analysis
Linear And Nonlinear Programming
Works under MDS 519.76
- Nonlinear Programming: Theory and Algorithms by Mokhtar S. Bazaraa
- Combinatorial Optimization by William J. Cook
- Nonlinear Workbook: Chaos, Fractals, Cellular Automata, Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithms, Gene Expression Programming, Wavelets, Fuzzy Logic - With C , Java and SymbolicC Programs by Willi-Hans Steeb
- Optimization Under Constraints: Theory and Practice of Nonlinear Programming (Probability & Mathematical Statistics) by Peter Whittle
- The Mathematics of Nonlinear Programming (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) by Anthony L. Peressini
- Nonlinear Programming (Classics in Applied Mathematics) by Olvi L. Mangasarian
- Nonlinear Programming: Sequential Unconstrained Minimization Techniques by Anthony V. Fiacco
- Lectures on Modern Convex Optimization: Analysis, Algorithms, and Engineering Applications (MPS-SIAM Series on Optimization) by Aharon Ben-Tal
- Convexification and global optimization in continuous and mixed-integer nonlinear programming : theory, algorithms, software, and applications by tawarmalanimohit
- Integral global optimization : theory, implementation, and applications by Soo Hong Chew
- Rigorous Global Search: Continuous Problems (Nonconvex Optimization and Its Applications) by R. Baker Kearfott
- Nonlinear Programming (de Gruyter Textbook) by Peter Zörnig
- Optimization Theory and Methods: Nonlinear Programming (Springer Optimization and Its Applications) by Wenyu Sun
- Foundations of Optimization (Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems) by M. S Bazaraa
- Nonlinear Programming: A Unified Approach by W I Zangwill
- Traces and emergence of nonlinear programming by Giorgio Giorgi
- Handbook of global optimization. Volume 2 by Reiner. Horst
- Multivalued analysis and nonlinear programming problems with perturbations by Bernd Luderer
- A reformulation-linearization technique for solving discrete and continuous nonconvex problems by Hanif D. Sherali
- Nonlinear Programming. Proceedings of a Symposium Conducted by the Mathematics Research Center, The University of Wisconsin, Madison, May 4-6, 1970 by J. B. Rosen
- More test examples for nonlinear programming codes by Klaus Schittkowski
- Evolutionary global optimization, manifolds and applications by Hime Aguiar e Oliveira
- Nonlinear programming : proceedings of a symposium conducted by the Mathematics Research Center, The University of Wisconsin, Madison, May 4-6, 1970 by J. B. Rosen
- Mathematical Programs with Equilibrium Constraints by Zhi-Quan Luo
- Nonlinear programming 2 : proceedings of the Special Interest Group on Mathematical Programming symposium, conducted by the Computer Sciences Department at the University of Wisconsin--Madison, April 15-17, 1974 by Olvi L. Mangasarian
- Nonlinear programming 3 : proceedings of the Special Interest Group on Mathematical Programming symposium by Olvi L. Mangasarian
- Nonlinear Programming: Concepts, Algorithms, and Applications to Chemical Processes (MPS-SIAM Series on Optimization) by Lorenz T. Biegler
- Nonlinear programming 4 : proceedings of the Nonlinear Programming Symposium 4 by Olvi L. Mangasarian
- Applied nonlinear programming by David Mautner Himmelblau
- Minisupercomputers by Architecture Technology Corporation.,
- Nonlinear Programming for Operations Research (International Series in Management) by Donald M. Simmons
- Quadratic programming with computer programs by Michael J. Best
- Lancelot: A Fortran Package for Large-Scale Nonlinear Optimization (Springer Series in Computational Mathematics) by Andrew R. Conn
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.