Melvil Decimal System: 557.89
Dewmoji: 🔬 > 🌎 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Earth sciences & geology
Fossils & prehistoric life
Physical and Dynamic Geology
Pacific, Oceania, and other planets
Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean
South Central U.S.
West Coast U.S.
Works under MDS 557.89
- Roadside Geology of New Mexico by Halka Chronic
- High Plains of Northeastern New Mexico: A Guide to Geology and Culture by William R. Muehlberger
- The Geology of Northern New Mexico's Parks, Monuments, and Public Lands by L. Greer Price
- Albuquerque, its mountains, valley, water, and volcanoes (Scenic trips to the geologic past ; no. 9) by Vincent Cooper Kelley
- Southwestern New Mexico: Lordsburg, Silver City, Deming, Las Cruces (Scenic trips to the geologic past, No. 10) by H. L. James
- Albuquerque: A Guide to Its Geology and Culture (Scenic Trip) by Paul W. Bauer
- Geology of Carlsbad Cavern and Other Caves in the Guadalupe Mountains, New Mexico and Texas by Carol A. Hill
- The Geology of Southern New Mexico: A Beginner's Guide : Including El Paso by Greg H. MacK
- Roswell-Ruidoso-Valley of Fires, including trips to Lincoln, Tularosa, and Bottomless Lakes State Park by John Eliot Allen
- The Enchanted circle--loop drives from Taos by Paul W. Bauer
- The Story of Mining in New Mexico by Paige W. Christiansen
- Geology of Organ Mountains and southern San Andres Mountains, New Mexico by William R Seager
- Southern Zuni Mountains; Zuni-Cibola Trail by Roy W Foster
- Geology of the Cerrillos area, Santa Fe County, New Mexico, (New Mexico. Bureau of Mines and Mineral Resources. Bulletin) by Alan E. Disbrow
- Geology Of The Caballo Mountains: University Of New Mexico Publications In Geology, No. 4 by Vincent Cooper Kelley
- The Geology of New Mexico: A Geologic History by Greg H. MacK
- Geology and mineral resources of Sierra Nacimiento and vicinity, New Mexico by Lee A. Woodward
- Geology of the Pecos country, southeastern New Mexico by Vincent Cooper Kelley
- Geology of the Taos Region (Guidebook of the Field Conference) by Brian S. Brister
- Geology of Chama Quadrangle, New Mexico by William R. Muehlberger
- Geology of the Sandia mountains. by Ellis. Robert W. (Robert Walpole). 1868-
- Epitome Of The Economic Geology Of New Mexico (1908) by Fayette Alexander Jones
- The story of oil in New Mexico by Paige W. Christiansen
- Guidebook Of Rio Chama Country: Eleventh Field Conference, October 14, 15, And 16, 1960 by Edward C. Beaumont
- Lexicon of New Mexico geologic names: Precambrian through Paleozoic by Henry L. Jicha
- Geology and mineral resources of Mesa del Oro Quadrangle, Socorro and Valencia Counties, New Mexico. Bulletin 56. by Henry L. Jicha
- The Rio Grande : a river guide to the geology and landscapes of Northern New Mexico by Paul W. Bauer
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.