Melvil Decimal System: 570.15118
Dewmoji: 🔬 > 🐠 > 🐠 > ? > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Earth sciences & geology
Fossils & prehistoric life
Physiology and related subjects
Specific parts of and physiological systems in plants
Evolution And Genetics
Natural history of organisms and related subjects
Natural history of microorganisms, fungi, algae
Biology and Anthropology
Theory And Instruction
Essays, lectures, etc.
Education, research, related topics
History, geographic treatment, biography
Works under MDS 570.15118
- Mathematical Biology: I. An Introduction (Interdisciplinary Applied Mathematics) (Pt. 1) by J.D. Murray
- Mathematical Models in Biology by Leah Edelstein-Keshet
- Mathematical Models in Biology: An Introduction by Elizabeth S. Allman
- Mathematical Biology II by J.D. Murray
- Dynamic Models in Biology by Stephen P. Ellner
- A Course in Mathematical Biology: Quantitative Modeling with Mathematical and Computational Methods by Gerda de Vries
- Branching Processes in Biology by Marek Kimmel
- Computational Analysis of Biochemical Systems: A Practical Guide for Biochemists and Molecular Biologists by Eberhard O. Voit
- Model Based Inference in the Life Sciences: A Primer on Evidence by David R. Anderson
- Mathematical Modeling for the Life Sciences (Universitext) by Jacques Istas
- Mathematical Models of Biological Systems (Oxford Biology) by Hugo van den Berg
- Investigating Biological Systems Using Modeling: Strategies and Software (Book with CD-ROM for Windows) by Meryl E. Wastney
- Managing complexity : modeling biological systems, 1st Kepler Prize Workshop of the European Academy of Sciences (EURASC), Heidelberg, May 2011 by Marcello Delitala
- Analysis and enumeration : algorithms for biological graphs by marinoandrea
- An Introduction to Mathematical Biology by Linda J.S. Allen
- Theoretical Models in Biology: The Origin of Life, the Immune System, and the Brain (Oxford Science Publications) by Glenn Rowe
- Active particles. Volume 1, Advances in theory, models, and applications by N. Bellomo
- Dynamical Models in Biology by MiklÃ³s Farkas
- Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing 2000 : Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, 4-9 January 2000 by Russ Altman
- Biomat 2013 : International Symposium on Mathematical and Computational Biology, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, 4-8 November 2013 by Rubem P. Mondaini
- Biomat 2005 by Rubem P. Mondaini
- Uncertainty in biology : a computational modeling approach by Liesbet Geris
- Women in mathematical biology : research collaboration workshop, Nimbios, Knoxville, June 2015 by Anita T. Layton
- Mathematical biology and biological physics by Rubem P. Mondaini
- Mathematical Modeling of Complex Biological Systems: A Kinetic Theory Approach (Modeling and Simulation in Science, Engineering and Technology) by Abdelghani Bellouquid
- Ein Beitrag zur adaptiven Regelung technischer Systeme nach biologischem Vorbild by behncarsten
- BIOMAT 2015 : International Symposium on Mathematical and Computational Biology, Roorkee, Uttarakhand, India, 2-6 November 2015 by Rubem P. Mondaini
- Moderní analýza biologických dat. 2. díl, Lineární modely s korelacemi v prostředí R by Stano Pekár
- Modeling of Living Systems: From Cell to Ecosystem by Alain Pavé
- Dynamic Energy and Mass Budgets in Biological Systems by S. A. L. M. Kooijman
- Physical Models of Living Systems by Philip Nelson
- Introduction to Systems Analysis: Mathematically Modeling Natural Systems by Dieter M. Imboden
- Scaling-Up: From Cell to Landscape (Society for Experimental Biology Seminar Series) by P. R. van Gardingen
- Dynamical System Models In The Life Sciences And Their Underlying Scientific Issues by Frederic Y. M. Wan
- Biocomputing and emergent computation : proceedings of BCE97 : Skövde, Sweden 1-2 September 1997
- Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing '96 : Hawaii, USA, 3-6 January 1996 by Lawrence Hunter
- An Introduction to Optimal Control Problems in Life Sciences and Economics: From Mathematical Models to Numerical Simulation with MATLAB® (Modeling and ... in Science, Engineering and Technology) by Sebastian Ania
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.