Melvil Decimal System: 581.012
Dewmoji: 🔬 > 🌿 > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Earth sciences & geology
Fossils & prehistoric life
Physiologic and Structural
Morphology; Comparative Anatomy
Organography; Descriptive Anatomy
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Biography; History By Place
Works under MDS 581.012
- Flowering plants, Dicotyledons : Celastrales, Oxalidales, Rosales, Cornales, Ericales by Klaus Kubitzki
- Flora of Alberta : a manual of flowering plants, conifers, ferns, and fern allies found growing without cultivation in the Province of Alberta, Canada by E. H. Moss
- Contemporary Plant Systematics by Dennis W. Woodland
- Taxonomic literature: a selective guide to botanical publications with dates, commentaries and types by Frans A. Stafleu
- Introduction To Plant Systematics by Samuel B. Jones
- Flowering Plants. Monocotyledons: Lilianae (except Orchidaceae) (The Families and Genera of Vascular Plants) by Klaus Kubitzki
- International Code of Botanical Nomenclature (Tokyo Code Adopted By the 15th International Botanical Congress, Yokohama 1993) by Werner Greuter
- Plant Taxonomy by Tod F. Stuessy
- Molecular systematics of plants by Pamela S. Soltis
- Index Nominum Genericorum Volume 2 by Unknown
- Plant That Name by Purveur
- Introduction to the Principles of Plant Taxonomy by V. V. Sivarajan
- Fundamentals of plant systematics by Albert E. Radford
- Vascular plant families and genera by R. K. Brummitt
- Classification of Plant Communities (Handbook of Vegetation Science) by Robert H. Whittaker
- Index Herbariorum: Part 1 : The Herbaria of the World (Regnum Vegetabile, Vol. 120) by Patricia K. Holmgren
- Plant molecular systematics : macromolecular approaches by Daniel J. Crawford
- Handbook of plant types by Sandra Holmes
- International code of botanical nomenclature : adopted by the Fourteenth International Botanical Congress, Berlin, July-August 1987 by Werner Greuter
- Biographical Dictionary of Rocky Mountain Naturalists: A Guide to the Writings and Collections of Botanists, Zoologists, Geologists, Artists, and Ph (Regnum vegetabile) by Joseph Ewan
- Flora of Iraq by Evan Guest
- Principles of Tzeltal Plant Classification: An Introduction to the Botanical Ethnography of a Mayan-Speaking, People of Highland, Chiapas by Brent Berlin
- Taxonomy and Ecology; Proceedings of an International Symposium Held at the Dept. of Botany, University of Reading (Systematics Association. Special,) by Vernon Heywood
- The Alaska vegetation classification by Leslie A. Viereck
- Index herbariorum by Patricia K. Holmgren
- Taxonomic Literature Vol I: A-G by Frans A. Stafleu
- Case Studies in Plant Taxonomy by Tod F. Stuessy
- Vascular Plants of Alberta: Part 1: Ferns, Fern Allies, Gymnosperms, and Monocots by John G. Packer
- Plant names A-Z : The complete guide to using the correct plant names by Karen Platt
- International code of botanical nomenclature = Code international de la nomenclature botanique = Internationaler Code der botanischen Nomenklatur by Edward G. Voss
- Flowering plants : evolution and classification of higher categories : Symposium, Hamburg, September 8-12, 1976 by K. Kubitzki
- Numerical syntaxonomy by L. Mucina
- Family Names in Current Use for Vascular Plants, Bryophytes, and Fungi (Regnum Vegetabile, V. 126) by Werner Greuter
- Outline of Plant Classification by Sandra Holmes
- Plant systematics for the 21st century : proceedings from a symposium held at the Wenner-Gren Centre, Stockholm, in September 1998 by Bertil Nordenstam
- Names in current use in the families Trichocomaceae, Cladoniaceae, Pinaceae, and Lemnaceae (Regnum vegetabile)
- LINNAEUS AND THE LINNAEANS. The spreading of their ideas in systematic botany 1735-1789. by F.A. Stafleu
- Revision of the Mexican species of Cyperus (Cyperaceae) by Gordon C. Tucker
- Names in Current Use for Extant Plant Genera by Werner Greuter
- Current concepts in plant taxonomy by V. H. Heywood
- International code of nomenclature of cultivated plants - 1969 by International Commiss...
- Experimental and molecular approaches to plant biosystematics by Peter C. Hoch
- Familles des plantes by Michel Adanson
- Flora of Iraq. Volume five, part one, Elatinaceae to sphenocleaceae by Shahina A. Ghazanfar
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.