Melvil Decimal System: 581.942
Dewmoji: 🔬 > 🌿 > ? > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Earth sciences & geology
Fossils & prehistoric life
Physiologic and Structural
Morphology; Comparative Anatomy
Organography; Descriptive Anatomy
Ocean, marine flora
Oceania and Polar regions
Germany & Central Europe
Works under MDS 581.942
- Wild flowers in Britain by Geoffrey Grigson
- Mountain Flowers by John Raven
- Handbook of the British Flora by George Bentham
- Flowers in Britain, Wild, Ornamental, and Economic by L.J.F. Brimble
- WILD FLOWERS OF THE COAST (COTMAN-COLOR) by E. A. Ellis
- Queen's Hidden Garden: Buckingham Palace's Treasury of Wild Plants by David Bellamy
- Flowers and trees of Tudor England by Clare Putnam
- The Flora of Hampshire by Anne Brewis
- The historical flora of Middlesex : an account of the wild plants found in the Watsonian vice-county 21 from 1548 to the present time by Douglas Henry Kent
- Flora of Glamorgan by A. E. Wade
- Flora of the London Area by Rodney M. Burton
- Flora of Essex by Stanley Thomas Jermyn
- The flora and vegetation of Shropshire by Alexander John Lockton
- Flora of Hertfordshire by Trevor J. James
- Simpson's flora of Suffolk by FRANCIS W SIMPSON
- Flora of Norfolk by E. L. Swann
- Our country's flowers and how to know them by W. J. Gordon
- Atlas of the Devon Flora. by R. B. Ivimey-Cook
- The Flora of Dorset by Humphry Bowen
- Flora of the Fells: Celebrating Cumbria's Mountain Landscapes by Martin Varley
- Historical Flora of Middlesex: Account of the Wild Plants Found in the Watsonian Vice-county 21 from 1548 to the Present Time ([Publications] - Ray Society ; no. 150) by Douglas Henry Kent
- Ecological flora of the Shropshire region by C.A. Sinker
- Wild flowers and other plants of the Peak District : an ecological study by Penny Anderson
- Flora of Bedfordshire by John George Dony
- Flora of Northamptonshire and the Soke of Peterborough by Gill Gent
- A flora of Suffolk by Martin Sanford
- Flora of Cornwall: Being an Account of the Flowering Plants and Ferns Found in the County of Cornwall Including the Isles of Scilly by F. Hamilton Davey
- The Difficult and Critical Plants of the Lizard District of Cornwall. by L.J. Margetts
- The Flora and Vegetation of County Durham by G G Graham
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges and ferns of Great Britain : and their allies the club mosses, pepperworts, and horsetails, vol. I by Anne Pratt
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges and ferns of Great Britain : and their allies the club mosses, pepperworts, and horsetails, vol. II by Anne Pratt
- The Flora of Montgomeryshire by Ian Trueman
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges and ferns of Great Britain : and their allies the club mosses, pepperworts, and horsetails, vol. V by Anne Pratt
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges and ferns of Great Britain : and their allies the club mosses, pepperworts, and horsetails, vol. VI by Anne Pratt
- Flora of Cheshire; by A. Newton
- British flowers in colour by B. L. Burtt
- Flora of the Fells : celebrating Cumbria's mountain landscapes by Martin Varley
- Flora of Northumberland by George A Swan
- Illustrations of the British flora by W. H. Fitch
- The Lake Eyre South study : vegetation by F.J. Badman
- Botany of Worcestershire by John Amphlett
- The Plant Life of Snowdonia by Peter Rhind
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges and ferns of Great Britain : and their allies the club mosses, pepperworts, and horsetails, vol. III by Anne Pratt
- The flowering plants, grasses, sedges and ferns of Great Britain : and their allies the club mosses, pepperworts, and horsetails, vol. IV by Anne Pratt
- The Oxford book of wild flowers by B.E.; Ary Nicholson, S.; Gregory, M.
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.