Melvil Decimal System: 615.103
Dewmoji: 💡 > 💉 > 💊 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
Handicraft and Occupations
Pathology; Diseases; Treatment
Gynecology and Pediatrics
Comparative Medicine; Veteraniary
Materia medica; Drugs; Pharmacology
Therapeutics; Action of medicines in general
Administration of medicines
Medicines grouped by effects
Prescription writing; Posology
Biography; History By Place
Works under MDS 615.103
- The Merck Index 12th Edition by Susan Budavari
- The Merck Index 14th Edition by Maryadele J. O'Neil
- The Merck Index Eleventh Edition by Susan Budavari
- The Merck Index Thirteenth Edition by Maryadele J. O'Neil
- Medicines by Ian Morton
- The Merck index of chemicals and drugs; an encyclopedia for chemists, pharmacists, physicians, and members of allied pro by Paul G. Stecher
- UXL Encyclopedia of Drugs and Addictive Substances Edition 1.(5 vol. set) by Barbara C. Bigelow
- Drug Identification Bible by Tim Marnell
- The Merck Index 15th Edition by Maryadele J. O'Neil
- Dictionary of Pharmaceutical Medicine by Gerhard Nahler
- The Encyclopedia of Drugs and Alcohol (Watts Reference) by Greg Roza
- The encyclopedia of pharmaceutical drugs by Dana K. Cassell
- Lippincott's drugs to know for the NCLEX-RN by Lippincott
- An A-Z of Medicinal Drugs (Oxford Paperback Reference) by Market House
- Prescription Drugs by Nicola Giacona
- Concise Dictionary of Pharmacological Agents: Properties and Synonyms by Ian K. M. Morton
- Encyclopedia of molecular pharmacology by Stefan Offermanns
- The Simon and Schuster Pocket Encyclopedia to Prescription and Nonprescription Drugs by Samuel Perry
- Drugs : synonyms and properties by George W. A. Milne
- The Merck Index 7th edition by Finkel Stecher, Siegmund, Szafranski
- A Dictionary of Medicines (Oxford Paperback Reference) by Jan Hawthorn
- The Gale encyclopedia of prescription drugs : a comprehensive guide to the most common medications by Kristin Fust
- Merck's 1899 manual of the materia medica together with a summary of therapeutic indications and a classification of medicaments : a ready-reference pocket book for the practicing physician
- Practical Guide to Prescription & Non-Prescription ... Pb by Christina Bunce
- The Sage encyclopedia of pharmacology and society by Sarah Boslaugh
- Pill Book, The : The Illustrated Guide to the Most-Prescribed Drugs in the United States
- Dictionary of Pharmacy (Pharmaceutical Heritage) by Dennis Worthen
- Consumer's Dictionary Of Medicines Prescriptions,: Over-the-Counter & Herbal, Plus Medical Definitions by Ruth Winter
- Prescription Drug Encyclopedia: New, Expanded Edition 📚 by Gayle Cawood
- Pharmacology from A to Z by John Carpenter
- Drug Identification Bible
- Dictionary of Pharmacology by Bowman
- Hunnius pharmazeutisches Wörterbuch by Curt Hunnius
- Guide to Drug Names and Classifications by Springhouse Publishing
- Abpi Data Sheet Compendium by Gillian Walker
- Physician's Rx Shorthand by Stanley Jablonski
- Vademécum de Genéricos Intercambiables GI by José Antonio Solís Sánchez
- MIMS annual : June 2006 by MIMS Australia ,
- Elsevier's Dictionary of Pharmaceutical Science and Techniques : Pharmaceutical Technology by A. Sliosberg
- An A-Z of Medicinal Drugs (Oxford Quick Reference) by Elizabeth Martin
- Dizionario dei farmaci by Roberto Michele Suozzi
- Prescription for Success : A guide to the most commonly prescribed drugs, their uses and effects by David Glaspole
- PLM. Diccionario de especialidades farmacéuticas DEF. Tomo 1: A-K by Antonio Carrasco R.
- Consumer's Dictionary of Medicines, A New, Expanded Updated Edition: Prescription, Over-the-Counter, Homeopathic, and H by Ruth Winter
- PLM. Diccionario de especialidades farmacéuticas DEF. Tomo 2: L-Z by Antonio Carrasco R.
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.