Melvil Decimal System: 615.12
Dewmoji: 💡 > 💉 > 💊 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
Handicraft and Occupations
Pathology; Diseases; Treatment
Gynecology and Pediatrics
Comparative Medicine; Veteraniary
Materia medica; Drugs; Pharmacology
Therapeutics; Action of medicines in general
Administration of medicines
Medicines grouped by effects
Prescription writing; Posology
Works under MDS 615.12
- Saunders Drug Handbook for Health Professionals 2000 (Mosby's Drug Consult for Health Professionals) by Robert J. Kizior
- Massage Therapy and Cancer by Debra Curties
- Dispensatory of the United States of America by George Wood
- Breast Massage by Rmt Debra Curties
- Canadian Pharmacists Association practical guide to drugs in Canada : understanding prescription and over-the-counter drug treatments for everyday ailments and diseases by Lalitha Raman-Wilms
- Pharmacopœia domestica: or, the family dispensatory. With remarks on the compositions, and an explanation of their virtues. ... By the late Thomas Fuller, M.D by Thomas Fuller
- Laboratory Activities for Therapeutic Modalities by Sara D. Brown, Chad Starkey
- Massage therapist's guide to pain management, A by Sandy Fritz, Leon Chaitow
- Management of Common Musculoskeletal Disorders - Physical Therapy Principles and Methods, 2nd ed. by Randolph M. Kessler Hertling Darlene
- Management of Common Musculoskeletal Disorders - Physical Therapy Principles and Methods, 3rd ed. by Randolph M. Kessler Hertling Darlene
- Natural Ways to Relieve the Discomforts of Pregnancy by Carl Jones
- Therapeutic Massage by Elizabeth Holey, Eileen Cook
- Pre and Perinatal Massage Therapy by Carole Osborne-Sheets
- Therapeutic Exercise Moving Toward Function, 2nd ed. by Carrie M. Hall, Lori Thein Brody
- Pregnancy and Childbirth - A holistic approach to massage and bodywork by Suzanne Yates
- Evidence-Based Therapeutic Massage: A practical guide for therapists, 3rd ed. by Elizabeth Holey, Eileen Cook
- Therapeutic Exercise - Foundations and Techniques, 3rd ed. by Carolyn Kisner, Lynn Allen Colby
- Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork for Autism Spectrum Disorders by Virginia S. Cowen
- Therapeutic Exercise - Foundations and Techniques, 4th ed. by Carolyn Kisner, Lynn Allen Colby
- Medicine Hands - Massage Therapy for People with Cancer, 3rd ed. by Gayle MacDonald
- Therapeutic Exercise - Foundations and Techniques, 5th ed. by Carolyn Kisner, Lynn Allen Colby
- Comfort Touch : Massage for the Elderly and the Ill by Mary Kathleen Rose
- United States Dispensatory, 27th Edition
- Therapeutic Exercise - Foundations and Techniques, 6th ed. by Carolyn Kisner, Lynn Allen Colby
- Massage for the Hospital Patient and Medically Frail Client by Gayle MacDonald
- The national standard dispensatory: Containing the natural history, chemistry, pharmacy, actions, and uses of medicines ... In accordance with the ninth decennial revision of the United States pharmacopoeia by H. A Hare
- Therapeutic Modalities, 2nd ed. by Chad Starkey
- Joint Mobilization/Manipulation - Extremity and Spinal Techniques, 3rd ed. by Susan L. Edmond
- Therapeutic Recreation Program Design Principles and Procedures, 4th ed. by Norma J. Stumbo, Carol Ann Peterson
- Milady's Theory and Practice of Therapeutic Massage Workbook by Mark F. Beck
- Handbook of Healing Massage Techniques, Tappan's, 4th ed. by Patricia J. Benjamin, Frances M. Tappan
- Answers to Milady's Theory and Practice of Therapeutic Massage Workbook by Mark F. Beck
- Physician's Guide to Therapeutic Massage, A, 2nd ed. by Dr. John Yates
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.