Melvil Decimal System: 631.47
Dewmoji: 💡 > 🌱 > 💩 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
Handicraft and Occupations
Techniques, apparatus, equipment, materials
Pests; Hindrances; Blights; Insects
Crops Grown In Fields
Fruits; Orchards; Vineyards
Dairy: Milk, Butter, Cheese
Fencing & Construction
Cultivation and harvesting
Land Reclamation & Restoration
Works under MDS 631.47
- Soils for Landscape Development Selection, Specification and Validation by Simon Leake
- Soils and the Environment:A Guide to Their Applications by Gerald Olson
- Australian soil and land survey field handbook by R. C. McDonald
- Urban Soil in Landscape Design by Phillip J. Craul
- Urban Soils: Applications and Practices by Phillip J. Craul
- GlobalSoilMap: Basis of the global spatial soil information system by D. Arrouays
- Soil survey of Fairfield County, Connecticut by Barrie L Wolf
- Soil mapping and process modeling for sustainable land use management by Paulo Jorge Garcia Pereira
- World Soil Resources: An Explanatory Note on the FAO World Soil Resources Map at 1 (World Soil Resources Reports)
- Remote sensing of soils by Dwivedi Ravi Shankar
- Booker tropical soil manual : a handbook for soil survey and agricultural land evaluation in the tropics and subtropics by J.R. Landon
- Digital Soil Mapping Bridging Research, Environmental Application, and Operation by Janis L. Boettinger
- Soil survey of Anne Arundel County, Maryland by Robert M. Kirby
- The soils of Spain by Juan F. Gallardo
- Interim soil survey report, Brown County, Wisconsin by United States. Soil Conservation Service
- Fårad mark : handbok för tolkning av historiska kartor och landskap by Niklas Cserhalmi
- Soil Map of the World: Africa by UNESCO
- Untersuchung von Bodenproben und Messtechnik
- Lunar Base Agriculture: Soils for Plant Growth by D. W. Ming
- Soil survey manual by United States
- Soil Survey of San Miguel County Area, New Mexico by Terry E. Hilley
- Soil survey of White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico: Parts of Dona Ana, Lincoln, Otero, Sierra, and Socorro Counties by R. E. Neher
- Soil Survey of Rice County, Minnesota by U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Soil map of Middle Europe by International Society *
- Soil Survey of Mercer County, New Jersey by C. F Jablonski
- Soil survey of Dorchester County, Maryland (SuDoc A 57.38/20:D 72) by U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Soil survey of Lincoln County area New Mexico by Dale G. Sprankle
- Soil survey method; a New Zealand handbook for the field study of soils by N. H. Taylor
- Soil survey of Middlesex County, New Jersey by Van R. Powley
- Soil survey of St. Marys County Maryland by Joseph W Gibson
- Soil survey of Jicarilla Apache Nation, New Mexico, parts of Rio Arriba and Sandoval Counties by Timothy R. Overdier
- Soil survey of San Mateo County, eastern part, and San Francisco County, California by James H. Kashiwagi
- Soil survey of Morris County, New Jersey by Carl F. Eby
- Soil survey, Somerset County, Maryland by Earle Dwight Matthews
- Soil survey of Marin county, California by James.H. Kashiwagi, et al.
- Soil survey of Monmouth County, New Jersey by C. F Jablonski
- Soil survey: Washington County Maryland by Earle Dwight Matthews
- Australian Soil and Land Survey Handbook: Guidelines for Conducting Surveys by Hugh Gunn Ross
- Soil map of the European Communities 1 : 1,000,000 by Comissió de les Comunitats europees
- Soil survey of the Freehold area, New Jersey, (U.S. Dept. of Agriculture. Bureau of Chemistry and Soils. [Soil survey re by Linwood Lawrence Lee
- Soil survey: Wicomico County, Maryland by Hall Richard L
- The Brigalow belt of Australia : the proceedings of a symposium held at the John Kindler Memorial Theatre, Queensland Institute of Technology, 23 October 1982 by Alan Bailey
- Land Systems of Tasmania - Region 7 South West by Department of Agricult...
- Soil survey of Sussex County, Delaware by William Ireland
- Soil survey of city of Baltimore, Maryland (SuDoc A 57.38/20:B 21) by Maxine J. Levin
- Soil survey of Clermont County, Ohio by Norbert K. Lerch
- Soils of Co. Meath by T. F. Finch
- Soil survey: Kent County, Delaware by Earle Dwight Matthews
- Soil survey, Baltimore County, Maryland by William U. Reybold
- Key to the soils and land suitability of the wet tropical coast, Cardwell - Cape Tribulation by G. G. Murtha
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.