Melvil Decimal System: 631.521
Dewmoji: 💡 > 🌱 > 💩 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
Handicraft and Occupations
Techniques, apparatus, equipment, materials
Pests; Hindrances; Blights; Insects
Crops Grown In Fields
Fruits; Orchards; Vineyards
Dairy: Milk, Butter, Cheese
Fencing & Construction
Cultivation and harvesting
Land Reclamation & Restoration
Plant breeding, new varieties
Grafting, pruning, training
Works under MDS 631.521
- Seeds of Change: The Living Treasure : The Passionate Story of the Growing Movement to Restore Biodiversity and Revolutionize the Way We Think About by Ken Ausubel
- The Complete Guide to Saving Seeds: 322 Vegetables, Herbs, Fruits, Flowers, Trees, and Shrubs by Robert E. Gough
- Uncertain Peril: Genetic Engineering and the Future of Seeds by Claire Hope Cummings
- The Seed Savers' Handbook for Australia and New Zealand by Michel & Jude Fanton
- Seeds: The Definitive Guide to Growing, History, and Lore by H. Peter Loewer
- Seeds on Ice: Svalbard and the Global Seed Vault by Cary Fowler
- Growing Australian native plants from seed : for revegetation, tree planting and direct seeding by Murray Ralph
- Seed Collection of Australian Native Plants: For Revegetation, Tree Planting and Direct Seeding by Murray Ralph
- Organic Seed Production and Saving: The Wisdom of Plant Heritage (Organic Principles and Practices Handbook) by Brian Connolly
- Handbook of Seed Physiology: Applications to Agriculture by Roberto Benech-Arnold
- Seed production for the Australian home vegetable gardener by Allen Barry
- Saving More Than Seeds: Practices and Politics of Seed Saving by Catherine Phillips
- Handbook Of Seed Science And Technology (Seed Biology, Production, and Technology) (Seed Biology, Production, and Techno by Amarjit Basra
- Farmers' Seed Production: A New Handbook by Conny Almekinders
- Quality declared seed: Technical guidelines for standards and procedures (FAO plant production and protection paper) by Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Na
- Viability of seeds by E.H. Roberts
- Sementi. Biologia, produzione e tecnologia by Egidio Ciriciofolo
- Somatic embryogenesis and synthetic seed by Y.P.S. Bajaj
- Somatic embryogenesis and synthetic seed I by Y.P.S. Bajaj
- The Seed Vault (A Great Idea) by Bonnie Juettner
- Manual metodológico : evaluación del vigor de las semillas a través de indicadores del crecimiento y el desarrollo inicial by Marlen Navarro Boulandier
- Análisis morfológico de las semillas mediante modelos basados en las curva cardioide by José Javier Martón Gómez
- Seed conditioning. a compendium of information on physical properties and conditioning requirements of some seed kinds / Volume 3, Crop seed conditioning by Bill (B. R.) Gregg
- Genetic variation and the reproductive system of Dipterocarpus cf. condorensis Pierre in Vietnam by Hong Truong Luu
- Seed survival in genebanks-genetic and biochemical aspects of seed deterioration in barley by Manuela Nagel
- Seed health in organic peas and faba beans and management approaches to improve pea production in organic rotations by Muhammad Farhan Saeed
- Biopatente : Saatgut als Ware und als öffentliches Gut by Barbara Brandl
- Seed Starts & Smarts : An Organic Gardener's Guide to the Fundamentals of Growing Plants from Seed by The Gardening
- Developing the combine harvester plant in Sweden by Kari Tuominen
- Økologisk engfrøavl : rapport fra fagdag på Planteforsk Landvik 1. august 2002 by Trygve Sveen Aamlid
- Seed records by Environmental Concern Inc.
- Produrre i propri semi: manuale per accrescere le biodiversità e l'autonomia nella coltivazione delle piante alimentari by Salvatore Ceccarelli
- The Pictorial Guide to Seeds of the World: An Introduction into the Collection, Cleaning, and Storage of Seeds by Terry A. Woodger
- Seed analysis by H. F. Linskens
- Hybrid Seed Production of Selected Cereal Oil and Vegetable Crops (Fao Plant Production and Protection Paper) by Walter P. Feistritzer
- How to Save Your Own Seeds : A Handbook for Small Scale Seed Production by Seeds of Diversity Canada
- Seed Quality: Basic Mechanisms and Agricultural Implications by Amarjit S. Basra
- Local seed network manual by Jude Fanton
- E. & W. Hackett's Ltd. seed manual by E. & W. Hackett Ltd.,
- The Encyclopedia of Seeds: Science, Technology and Uses by J.D. Bewley
- Seeds Handbook: Biology, Production,Processing, and Storage, Second Edition, (Books in Soils, Plants, and the Environmen by Babasaheb B. Desai
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.