Melvil Decimal System: 639.395
Dewmoji: 💡 > 🌱 > 🎣 > ? > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
Handicraft and Occupations
Techniques, apparatus, equipment, materials
Pests; Hindrances; Blights; Insects
Crops Grown In Fields
Fruits; Orchards; Vineyards
Dairy: Milk, Butter, Cheese
Fish and reptiles as "pets"
Works under MDS 639.395
- Lizard Care from A to Z by Richard Bartlett
- All About Iguanas by Mervin F. Roberts
- The Bearded Dragon by Steve Grenard
- Geckos by Richard Bartlett
- Chameleons (Complete Pet Owner's Manual) by R.D. Bartlett
- Salamanders and Newts by Herbert R. Axelrod
- All About Lizards by Jr. Robert Sprackland
- Iguanas for Dummies by Melissa Kaplan
- Green Iguana: The Ultimate Owner's Manual by III James W. Hatfield
- The General Care and Maintenance of Green Anoles by Philippe De Vosjoli
- Lizards in the Terrarium: Buying, Feeding, Care, Sicknesses, With a Special Chapter on Setting Up Rain-Forest, Desert, and Water Terrariums (Complete Pet Owner's Manual) by Harald Jes
- Step-By-Step about Iguanas (Step by Step Book about Series) by Jack C. Harris
- Chameleons by Mervin F. Roberts
- The Guide to Owning a Leopard Gecko/ Leopard Geckos: Identification, Care, & Breeding by Ray Hunziker
- Your Pet Iguana (True Books: Your Pet) by Elaine Landau
- Anoles, Basilisks, and Water Dragons (More Complete Pet Owner's Manuals) by Richard Bartlett
- Care & Breeding of Chameleons by Philippe De Vosjoli
- Monitors, Tegus, and Related Lizards (Complete Pet Owner's Manual) by Richard Bartlett
- All About Chameleons and Anoles by Mervin F. Roberts
- Bearded Dragons: A Complete Guide to Pogona Vitticeps (Complete Herp Care) by Philip Purser
- Green Anoles by Philippe De Vosjoli
- Leopard Geckos (Complete Herp Care) by Gerold Merker
- Chameleon Handbook, The (Barron's Pet Handbooks) by Francois LeBerre
- Lizards (Raintree Perspectives: The Wild Side of Pets) by Jo Waters
- Green Water Dragons, Sailfin Lizards and Basilisks by Philippe De Vosjoli
- Iguanas: Everything About Selection, Care, Nutrition, Diseases, Breeding, and Behavior (Barron's Complete Pet Owner's Manuals) by Richard D. Bartlett
- Your First Lizard (Your First Series) by Jerry G. Walls
- Bearded Dragons (Reptile Basics) by Richard Bartlett
- Lizards in Captivity by Richard H. Wynne
- Leopard Geckos for Dummies by Liz Palika
- Iguanas...Getting Started (Save-Our-Planet) by Shelly K. Ferrell
- Lizards As a New Pet by John Coborn
- Leopard and Fat-Tailed Geckos (Reptile Guidebook Series) by Richard Bartlett
- General Care and Maintenance of Popular Monitors & Tegus by Michael Balsai
- The New Chameleon Handbook: Everything About Selection, Care, Diet, Disease, Reproduction, and Behavior (Barron's Pet Owner's Manuals) by Francois Le Berre
- The Leopard Gecko by Lyle Puente
- Iguana Handbook (Barron's Pet Handbooks) by Richard Bartlett
- My Pet Lizards (All about Pets) by Leeanne Engfer
- Bearded Dragon (Success with a Reptile Pet) by Tom Mazorlig
- Step by Step Book About Pet Lizards (Step By Step Book About Series) by Ray Staszko
- Caring For Green Iguanas: Breeding, Feeding & Selection by John Coborn
- A Step-By-Step Book About Chameleons by Robert Anderson
- Giant Lizards by Robert George Sprackland
- Snakes and Lizards: Their Care and Breeding in Captivity by John Coborn
- The Lizard by Steve Grenard
- Leopard Gecko by Frank Indiviglio
- The Iguana by Karen L. Rosenthal
- The Guide to Owning Geckos by Jerry G.
- Chameleons: Care and Breeding of Jackson's, Panther, Veiled, and Parson's (Advanced Vivarium Systems) by Gary Ferguson
- Iguanas (Complete Pet Owner's Manual) by R.D. Bartlett
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.