Melvil Decimal System: 667.6
Dewmoji: 💡 > 🚀 > 🖌 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
Handicraft and Occupations
Chemistry; Chemical Engineering
Foods: Sugar, Starch, etc.
Lights: Gas, Oil, Candles, etc.
Ceramics: Glass, Clay, Cement, etc.
Bleaching; Dyeing; Inks; Paints
Other Organic Chemic Industries
Varnish and other sealants
Works under MDS 667.6
- Farrow & Ball Living With Colour by Ros Byam Shaw
- Interior Housepainting Colours and Technology, 1615-1840 (Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in Britis) by Ian C. Bristow
- Maintaining a lead safe home by Dennis Livingston
- Den röda färgen : [boken om Falu rödfärg] by Margareta Kjellin
- House Paints, 1900-1960: History and Use (Research in Conservation) by Harriet A.L. Standeven
- Exterior paint colours by Miles Lewis
- How to Paint Anything by Hubbard H. Cobb
- Måla där hemma : [en bok om nya och gamla material och målningstekniker] by Lena Nessle
- Paint and Coating Testing Manual: 15th Edition of the Gardner-Sward Handbook by Joseph V. Koleske
- Introduction to Paint Chemistry and Principles of Paint Technology by G. P. Turner
- Paints, coatings, and solvents by Dieter Stoye
- Färger och lacker : lärobok i materiallära för undervisning vid yrkesskolor by Lennart Lüneburg
- Paint and surface coatings : theory and practice by R. Lambourne
- Paint flow and pigment dispersion by Temple C. Patton
- Måla som förr : [folkligt och friskt] by Lena Nessle
- Hess's Paint Film Defects Their Causes and Cure by H. R. Hamburg
- Paint Technology Handbook by Rodger Talbert
- Paint Theory, Paint Practice: Materials and Methodologies within Contemporary Painting Practice by Yvonne Hindle
- Steel Structures Painting Manual, Volume 1: Good Painting Practice (2nd ed.) by John D. Keane
- Fundamentals of paint, varnish, and lacquer technology by Elias Singer
- Färgen på huset by Karin Fridell Anter
- Paints, Coatings and Solvents, 2nd Completely Revised Edition by D. Stoye
- Modern Marvels: paint by A & E Network
- Spray painting, industrial and commercial by Frederick Mason Crewdson
- Dictionary of Paint, Adhesives and Sealants (Parat,) by M. S. Welling
- Emulsion Polymerisation and Latex Applications (Rapra Review Reports) (v. 14, No. 4) by andersonchristopherd
- Byggnadsmåleriets färger : material och användning by Karin Fridell Anter
- Principles of Paint Formulation by R. Woodbridge
- Paints types, components, and applications by Stephanie M. Sarrica
- ASTM Standards for the Performance, Quality, and Health Labeling of Artists' Paints and Related Materials by Jenifer C. Azara
- Introduction to Paint Chemistry and principles of paint technology, Fourth Edition by John Bentley
- Pinturas y barnices : tecnología básica by Jordi Calvo Carbonell
- Paint and painting: selection, preparation, application by GSA
- Polymer brushes substrates, technologies, and properties by Vikas Mittal
- ASTM standards on lead-based paint abatement in buildings by ASTM Committee E-6 on Performance of Buildings
- Painting tools & materials : a practical guide to paints, brushes, palettes and more by Elizabeth T. Gilbert
- Protective organic coatings as engineering materials by Joseph J. Mattiello
- Colour mixing and paint work; a practical manual for painters, signwriters, artists, artists' colourmen, &c., &c by Douglas Falkland Cary
- Art et chimie, la couleur : actes du Congrès by Jacques Goupy
- Torbay Paint Company: Its Origins and History in Brixham and Dartmouth 1848-1961 (Dartmouth History Research Group Paper) by Bridget Howard
- Materials i tècniques de pintura by Rosa Codina Esteve
- Technology of Paints, Varnishes, and Laquers, by Charles R. Martens
- Bustanoby's color manual by Jacques Henri. [from old catalog] Bustanoby
- Hess's Paint Film Defects, Their Causes and Cure, 3rd Edition by H. R. Hamburg
- Water-based paint formulations. Volume 4 by Ernest W. Flick
- Outlines of Paint Technology by W. M. Morgans
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.