Melvil Decimal System: 669.7
Dewmoji: 💡 > 🚀 > 💍 > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Agriculture & Animal Husbandry
Handicraft and Occupations
Chemistry; Chemical Engineering
Foods: Sugar, Starch, etc.
Lights: Gas, Oil, Candles, etc.
Ceramics: Glass, Clay, Cement, etc.
Bleaching; Dyeing; Inks; Paints
Other Organic Chemic Industries
Iron & Steel
Lead & Zinc
Other Metals and Alloys
Assaying and Analysis
Works under MDS 669.7
- The Arsenic Century: How Victorian Britain was Poisoned at Home, Work, and Play by James C. Whorton
- Titanium (Engineering Materials and Processes) by G. Lütjering
- Magnesium technology 2000 : proceedings of the symposium : held during the 2000 TMS Annual Meeting in Nashville, Tennessee, March 12-16, 2000 by Howard I. Kaplan
- Titanium: A Technical Guide by Matthew J. Donachie
- Magnesium Technology 2016 (The Minerals, Metals & Materials Series) by Alok Singh
- Statistical Data Analysis: A PracticalGuide (Woodhead Publishing India) by B. Mazumder
- Smithells Light Metals Handbook by G B Brook
- Aluminum Upcycled: Sustainable Design in Historical Perspective (Johns Hopkins Studies in the History of Technology) by Carl A. Zimring
- Essential readings in light metals by John A Johnson
- Aluminum alloys: Structure and properties by L. F Mondolfo
- Eisenwerkstoffe Stahl und Gusseisen by Hans Berns
- Vanadiumgruppe: Elemente der fünften Nebengruppe: Eine Reise durch das Periodensystem (essentials) by Hermann Sicius
- Rare metals handbook by Clifford A. Hampel
- A dictionary of alloys by Eric N. Simons
- Light Alloys: Metallurgy of the Light Metals (Metallurgy & Materials Science) by Ian Polmear
- Aluminium-Werkstoff-Datenblätter by W Hesse
- Arsenic - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References by Icon Health Publications
- Titanium and titanium alloys. Volume 3, Scientific and technological aspects by J C Williams
- Handbook of Aluminum: Vol. 1: Physical Metallurgy and Processes by George E. Totten
- Extractive Metallurgy of Niobium by C. K. Gupta
- Magnesium Technology 2001 : proceedings of the symposium by John N. Hryn
- Tungsten carbides : structure, properties and application in hardmetals by Alexey S. Kurlov
- Fatigue of beta processed and beta heat-treated titanium alloys by R. J. H. Wanhill
- Aluminum-Lithium Alloys: Process Metallurgy, Physical Metallurgy, and Welding (Advances in Metallic Alloys) by Olga Grushko
- Aluminum in America: A History by Quentin R Skrabec
- Transition metal carbides and nitrides by Louise Toth
- Osmium : synthesis, characterization and applications by Gregory Wise
- Refractories for aluminium : electrolysis and the cast house by Andrey Yurkov
- Dietary Magnesium: New Research by Andrew W. Yardley
- The Winning of Nickel: Its Geology, Mining and Extractive Metallurgy by Joseph R. Jr. Boldt
- The science, technology and application of titanium : proceedings of an International Conference organized by the Institute of Metals, The Metallurgical Society of AIME, and the American Society for Metals in association with the Japan Institute of Metals and the Academy of Sciences, U.S.S.R., and held at the Royal Festival Hall, London, on 21-24 May 1968 by R. I. Jaffee
- Aluminium cast house technology XII : selected, peer reviewed papers from the 12th international conference and exhibition, on aluminium cast house technology, September 11-14, 2011, Melbourne, Australia by John A. Taylor
- The chemistry of aluminium, gallium, indium and thallium by K. Wade
- Light weight metal corrosion and modeling for corrosion prevention, life prediction and assessment selected peer reviewed papers from the 2nd Workshop on Corrosion Modeling for Life Prediction (CMLP 2010), Rome, Italy, 18 to 20 April 2010, held under the auspices of the Office of Naval Research Global and the Università degli Studi di Milano by Stefano Trasatti
- Anwendungstechnologie Aluminium by Friedrich Ostermann
- Hall-Héroult centennial : first century of aluminum process technology, 1886-1986 by New Orleans Minerals, La.) Metals and Materials Society
- Production, refining, fabrication, and recycling of light metals : proceedings of the International Symposium on Production, Refining, Fabrication, and Recycling of Light Metals, Hamilton, Ontario, August 26-30, 1990 by Michel Bouchard
- Ni-Co 2013 proceedings of symposium sponsored by the TMS Extraction & Processing Division, TMS High Temperature Alloys Committee, and the Metallurgy and Materials Society of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum (CIM) : held during the TMS 2013 Annual Meeting & Exhibition, San Antonio, Texas, USA, March 3-7, 2013 by Thomas P. Battle
- Aluminium alloys 2014 - ICAA14 : selected, peer reviewed papers from the 14th International Conference on Aluminium Alloys, (ICAA14), June 15-19, 2014, Trondheim, Norway by Knut Marthinsen
- Solid-state synthesis of magnesium-based functional alloys and compounds by T. Aizawa
- Powder metallurgy of titanium II : selected, peer reviewed papers from the 3rd Conference on Powder Processing, Consolidation and Metallurgy of Titanium, August 31 - September 3, 2015, Lüneburg, Germany by Thomas Ebel
- Nickel and cobalt extraction using organic compounds by J. J. Jacobs
- Titanium and its alloys - Ti2015 : selected, peer reviewed papers from the 12th National Scientific Conference on Titanium and its Alloys - Ti2015, October 11-14, 2015, Zawiercie, Poland by Janina Adamus
- Control for aluminum production and other processing industries by Mark Philip Taylor
- International Nickel im Dienste der deutschen Industrie : 40 Jahre Beratung über Nickelwerkstoffe
- Light Metals 2015 by Margaret Hyland
- Aluminium : the challenges ahead by Nnamdi Anyadike
- Ultrasonic treatment of light alloy melts by G. I. Ėskin
- Aluminum compounds : advances in research and application : ScholarlyBrief by Q. Ashton Acton
- Tungsten:Sources, Metallurgy, Properties, and Applications by W. Yih
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.