Melvil Decimal System: 700.25
Dewmoji: 🎨 > 🎨 > 💭 > ? > ?
Philosophy and Psychology
Mathematics and Science
Arts and Recreation
Biography and History
Landscape design; City planning
Graphic arts and decorative arts ; design
Printmaking and prints
Amusements and Recreation
Theory And Instruction
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Education And Research
Biography And History
Philosophy And Psychology
Dictionaries And Encyclopedias
Biography And History By Place
Works under MDS 700.25
- Artists Communities: A Directory of Residencies that Offer time and Space for Creativity (Artists Communities: A Directory of Residences That Offer Time & Spa) by Alliance of Artists' Communities
- Artists and Writers Colonies: Retreats, Residencies, and Respites for the Creative Mind by Gail Hellund Bowler
- Who's Who in Research: Visual Arts (Intellect Books - Who’s Who in Research)
- Greater Los Angeles Arts Resource Directory: And Arts & Educaton Guide by Arts Inc.
- Asia Pacific arts directory by Tim Doling
- Répertoire des centres d'artistes autogérés, Québec & Canada by Lucie Bureau
- Directory of Artist-Run Centres in Quebec and Canada by Celine Lapointe
- Australian Art Guide by Roslyn Kean
- Guide to Women's Art Organizations and Directory for the Arts: Multi-Arts Centers, Organizations, Galleries, Groups, Activities, Networks, Publications, Archives, Slide Registries by Cynthia Navaretta
- Whole Arts Directory by Cynthia Navaretta
- Creative Handbook 2008 by Unknown
- Nelson Regional Guide Book: Art in its Own Place by B. Dunn
- The Alternative Pick
- Saskatchewan Visual Arts Handbook: 2003 Seventh Edition by Laureen Marchand
- Literary Societies for Bookmen: A Collection of Societies, Clubs and Periodicals in England and America Relating to Literature and the Arts by Roger Sheppard
- Organizing Artists: A Document and Directory of the National Association of Artists' Organizations by Dc National Association of Artists' Organizations Washington
- Organizing Artists: A Document and Directory of the National Association of Artists' Organizations, 1998 by Natl Assn of Artists Organizations
- The Writers' And Artists' Year Book 1949 by Anon
- North Carolina cultural directory by Linda Haac
- Washington cultural directory : a guide to the arts and artists of metropolitan Washington
- The Chicagoart's Guide by June Skinner Sawyers
- Guide to women's art organizations : groups, activities, networks, publications : painting, sculpture, drawing, photography, architecture, design, film and video, dance, music, theatre, writing, with a bibliography and resource list by Cynthia Navaretta
- Alternative Pick 1998 (7th ed. Issn 1064-766x)
- De profundis ((Psalm 129, 1-5)) by Krzysztof Penderecki
- Cultural Alliance directory
- Craft hunter's guide : New Zealand 1981/82 by Fiona Thompson
- All India directory of art, culture & allied centres by Ashok K. Choudhury
- Greater Los Angeles Arts Resource Directory: And Arts & Educaton Guide by
- Botswana Arts Directory
- Nelson Art Guide: A Creative Tour Through Our Inspiring Region
- Ethnic arts directory 3rd Directory
- Angola Arts Directory
- Otago arts guide by Mary Trewby
- Répertoire des centres d'artistes autogérés du Québec et du Canada / Directory of artist-run centres in Québec and Canada / [research and public relations officer, Daniel Roy ; translation, Timothy Barnard ... et al.] by Daniel Roy
- Information resources in the arts : a directory by Lloyd W. Shipley
- Culture Secrets Melbourne (City) by Shopping Secrets
- New York Fine Artist's Source Book by Department of Cultural Affairs
- Writers' and artists' year-book
MDS classes with significant recommendations overlap, excluding ones under the same top-level class.
What is MDS?
Melvil stands for "Melvil Decimal System," named after Melvil Dewey, the famous librarian. Melvil Dewey invented his Dewey Decimal System in 1876, and early versions of his system are in the public domain.
More recent editions of his system are in copyright, and the name "Dewey," "Dewey Decimal," "Dewey Decimal Classification" and "DDC" are registered trademarked by OCLC, who publish periodic revisions.
LibraryThing's MDS system is based on the classification work of libraries around the world, whose assignments are not copyrightable. MDS "scheduldes" (the words that describe the numbers) are user-added, and based on public domain editions of the system.
The Melvil Decimal System is NOT the Dewey Decimal System of today. Wordings, which are entered by members, can only come from public domain sources. The base system is the Free Decimal System, a public domain classification created by John Mark Ockerbloom. Where useful or necessary, wording comes from the 1922 edition of the Dewey Decimal System. Language and concepts may be changed to fit modern tastes, or to better describe books cataloged. Wordings may not come from in-copyright sources.